Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is dumber?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Who is dumber-those who steal tickets or those who win and blow the money?

Steal tickets [ 50 ]  [68.49%]
Blow money [ 23 ]  [31.51%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4053 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2008, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Well said, Pac.

Religions are merely codified organized means of approaching the problems of dealing with one's fellow man.  Rules for living, one might say.  And since one of the 'Rules for Living' is to not take your neighbor's stuff or any stuff that isn't yours--I vote that stealing is more wrong than blowing your winnings.

Planet of the Apes - 1968

I remember when I first saw this movie many years ago. I was very young and didn't know the frality of man.  It's funny how a message like this will blow you away when you are young. 

Cornelius: [reading from the sacred scrolls of the apes] Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Then when it was remaded in 2001 - It had been Holiwoodized and lost this message.  I thought about this when I heard ya'll arguing about religion.

What about the Ape's Sacred Scrolls?LOL  After all we are primates.   Ya'll think these apes were on to something?

takeemtothebank

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1272 Posts
    Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Why do people always have to instill religious crap on everyone?

Religious CRAP???Eek  Are you referring the 10 commandments/BIBLE as religious crap?If so thats very disrespectful.Learn some respect pal.Stealing is wrong,and those who steal have sinned.Those who have done these acts can ask god for forgiveness. But to call the 10 commandments/Bible "religious crap"?Eek.That itself is also a sin.Also if you steal lotto tickets thats also called cheating.  CHEATERS NEVER WIN!

Yes, the 10 commandments are religious crap for people who doesn't care about your religion.

Both you and your religion get the respect it deserves. If you kept your mouth shut about your religion, both you and your religion would get more respect.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Planet of the Apes - 1968

I remember when I first saw this movie many years ago. I was very young and didn't know the frality of man.  It's funny how a message like this will blow you away when you are young. 

Cornelius: [reading from the sacred scrolls of the apes] Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Then when it was remaded in 2001 - It had been Holiwoodized and lost this message.  I thought about this when I heard ya'll arguing about religion.

What about the Ape's Sacred Scrolls?LOL  After all we are primates.   Ya'll think these apes were on to something?

Great quote, Tenaj.  I loved that movie!  Going back a little further, it was "The Day The Earth Stood Still" that first had that effect on me.   

Klaatu:  "The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly."

Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2008, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Great quote, Tenaj.  I loved that movie!  Going back a little further, it was "The Day The Earth Stood Still" that first had that effect on me.   

Klaatu:  "The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly."

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" is a great movie Justx and is in the process of being remade in 2008.  Scheduled to be released  12 December 2008.

takeemtothebank

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2008, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" is a great movie Justx and is in the process of being remade in 2008.  Scheduled to be released  12 December 2008.

I didn't know.  I hope they don't ruin it with too many special effects.  I really liked the classic movie.  I felt really good knowing Patricia Neal was going to dump the idiot she was engaged to! Here's the trailer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY

Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2008, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know.  I hope they don't ruin it with too many special effects.  I really liked the classic movie.  I felt really good knowing Patricia Neal was going to dump the idiot she was engaged to! Here's the trailer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY

Yeah it's being re-made as we speak Keanu Reeves will play Klaatu.  I don't think the trailer is out yet but it's being filmed at the University of British Columbia.

Yes Patricia Neal did a good job in that movie.  She said that a big girl that lived across the street from her when she was 3 years old grapped her by the throat and choked her and that's the reason for her distinctive voice.   The "Fountain Head" was the last movie I saw her play in.  

takeemtothebank

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2008, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I don't remember that one.  I know she had a tough life, first losing a child and then having a bad stroke.  I liked her and Paul Newman in Hud.

Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2008, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I don't remember that one.  I know she had a tough life, first losing a child and then having a bad stroke.  I liked her and Paul Newman in Hud.

She played with my man Gary Cooper in the Fountain Head.  I think you would like it.  The role she played in Hud was written for a black maid --- but they didn't want a white man being seen raping a black maid.  Not in 1963.  I think she go best something for that.  It took me 3 times to watch Hud.

Brandon De Wilde that played Paul Newman's brother in Hud is the same little fellow who played the boy in Shane.  He had gotten a little older in Hud.  "Shane, Come back"

takeemtothebank

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                  Member #24380
                  October 21, 2005
                  623 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2008, 1:32 am - IP Logged

I Agree!You said that so eloquently!

A companion to stealing is lying:

If a person steals they also lie!

Conversely:

If a person lies they also steal!