Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is dumber?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Who is dumber-those who steal tickets or those who win and blow the money?

Steal tickets [ 50 ]  [68.49%]
Blow money [ 23 ]  [31.51%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2008, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Who is dumber?

How about the person who streals the tickets, has a winner, and then blows the money?

Crazy

I call those people the dumbest of all..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

nanolike's avatar - pink2
    WorldWide
    United States
    Member #55215
    September 18, 2007
    76 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2008, 1:32 am - IP Logged

I once heard it like this, If you want to be rich "quick" HONESTY is NOT your best POLICY.

This statement is simply saying that, yes, it is true in the short term, one might become rich very quickly by stealing, yet in the long term concidering how many people get busted these days and how soon after they commit the crime they're caught,  

85 % of bank robbers are caught within 15 minutes after the crime Jail awaits the thief and dont forget Karma sooner or later "what goes around comes around" will get them. 

Think about this too, maybe even death might get them, maybe?

I recall a woman who stole something from an honest person and about 3 months later she was hit my a car walking across the street and died. 

So HONESTY should be your best policy.

Your playing with fire in otherwords by stealing.

There is only one time If you are starving and have to steal bread to keep yourself alive.

Think of the starving in other parts of the world, would you really hold it against them if they stole some bread from you?

That is, IF they really were stealing to keep themselves alive and that could be proven, then most probably would never hold it against them.

Otherwise its not right to steal.

Otherwise All excuses to steal just dont fly!

And wont fly in a court of LAW!

So you BETTER think TWICE before stealing!

And if you steal from me you best hope to God I'm in a damn good generous mood!

Mad

It's a NanoLike World!

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2008, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Quote by nanolike

I once heard it like this, If you want to be rich "quick" HONESTY is NOT your best POLICY.

----------

Yes in order to be Rich you have to be a BItch. but what goes around comes around also.

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #46570
        September 14, 2006
        558 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2008, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Keeping it simple, both acts are dumb.

But to get more detailed, the one who blows their money is dumber in a certain point of view.

The person who steals and gets caught is dumb because they got greedy and didn't plan out thoroughly and follow it. If a thief were to perform this crime, they would have to carefully plan and bide their time and research the ways in which authorities would catch on to them ie; serial/bar codes, lotto agents recognizing them, employement at a store that you were to commit such a crime at and how they handle lottery book-keeping, cameras, etc.

If I won a few million and blew it all and fell in debt, THAT would truly be dumb, as well as embarrasing and irrisponsible... like this guy... http://www.lotterypost.com/news/170389/1 Eek

Hospital porter John McGuinness won a £10 million lottery jackpot.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3501 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2008, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the question is as confusing as some people do. Winning and blowing the money simply means  spending it and ending up no better off then when you bought the ticket. I'd say those people are clearly the dumb ones, though that's only a generalization. Even if you only net a  couple of hundred grand it could go a long way towards a secure future if you invest it and save for the future. I'm assuming the OP was thinking  about fairly good jackpots, and people like David Edwards, and the English guy. They could easily have spent the rest of their lives living a very well with the amounts they won.

Plenty of criminals are dumb, or complete morons, but stealing in and of itself isn't necessarily stupid. "Crime doesn't pay" is a very popular cliche, but plenty of criminals don't get caught, so for them the real question is how well it paid.

NYSlugger 777's avatar - 777
            NY
            United States
            Member #54513
            August 21, 2007
            6371 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2008, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

this  is a no brainer.If you won the lottery legally and you waste your own money thats your choice have fun doing it!But stealing is  wrong its in the bible part of the 10 commandments. Thou shall not steal.Its a sin.Not only that if you get caught in the act you can face serious consequences such as jail time.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2008, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

this  is a no brainer.If you won the lottery legally and you waste your own money thats your choice have fun doing it!But stealing is  wrong its in the bible part of the 10 commandments. Thou shall not steal.Its a sin.Not only that if you get caught in the act you can face serious consequences such as jail time.

I think people in general know stealing is wrong without having the 10 commandments at their disposal to remind them. Why do people always have to instill religious crap on everyone?

Are you telling me that before the jews marched their way to mount sinai, and received the so called 10 commandments, that everyone was void of any conception of morality?

Are you saying that if someone tripped and hit their head on a stone on the way to mount sinai, bleeding profusely, that no one would stop what they're doing and help them? Do they really need the ten commandments to make them aware of something that was totally innate in all humans prior to that event?

Bible thumping 101....

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5145 Posts
                Posted: February 15, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I call those people the dumbest of all..

FACE>>>>>>>>>>FACT's>>>>>>>>>>tntea:

DUM are people who STEAL>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DUMMER are people who HAVE "MONEY" and PukePuke

BUTTT & their is alway's a BUTTT in the CROWD>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BUTTT & ALWAY's remember:

THE FABRIC

LOL

PSYKOMO 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: February 15, 2008, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I think people in general know stealing is wrong without having the 10 commandments at their disposal to remind them. Why do people always have to instill religious crap on everyone?

Are you telling me that before the jews marched their way to mount sinai, and received the so called 10 commandments, that everyone was void of any conception of morality?

Are you saying that if someone tripped and hit their head on a stone on the way to mount sinai, bleeding profusely, that no one would stop what they're doing and help them? Do they really need the ten commandments to make them aware of something that was totally innate in all humans prior to that event?

Bible thumping 101....

I Agree! It gets annoying.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

NYSlugger 777's avatar - 777
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #54513
                    August 21, 2007
                    6371 Posts
                    Posted: February 15, 2008, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Why do people always have to instill religious crap on everyone?

Religious CRAP???Eek  Are you referring the 10 commandments/BIBLE as religious crap?If so thats very disrespectful.Learn some respect pal.Stealing is wrong,and those who steal have sinned.Those who have done these acts can ask god for forgiveness. But to call the 10 commandments/Bible "religious crap"?Eek.That itself is also a sin.Also if you steal lotto tickets thats also called cheating.  CHEATERS NEVER WIN!

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5145 Posts
                      Posted: February 15, 2008, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Religious CRAP???Eek  Are you referring the 10 commandments/BIBLE as religious crap?If so thats very disrespectful.Learn some respect pal.Stealing is wrong,and those who steal have sinned.Those who have done these acts can ask god for forgiveness. But to call the 10 commandments/Bible "religious crap"?Eek.That itself is also a sin.Also if you steal lotto tickets thats also called cheating.  CHEATERS NEVER WIN!

because, UR stupid &

may be a NUTT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WITH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"NO BALL's"......????

"KNOW BRAIN"

POST something ???????? tell us something about TEN-in DEN>>

the BIBLE(TELL it on D MOUNTAIN BRO?)

lol

PSYKOMO 

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5145 Posts
                        Posted: February 15, 2008, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

because, UR stupid &

may be a NUTT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WITH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"NO BALL's"......????

"KNOW BRAIN"

POST something ???????? tell us something about TEN-in DEN>>

the BIBLE(TELL it on D MOUNTAIN BRO?)

lol

PSYKOMO 

TELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>US the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BALL's >>>>>>>>before^^^"THEY BOUN CE"

White BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceBig Grin AngelHurray!ArgueBang HeadHit With StickBanana

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3501 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2008, 2:55 am - IP Logged

It's not so hard to figure out, so anyone who needs your top 10 list to guide their lives can't be very bright. What's religious crap is you and others spouting off and pushing your beliefs on others to try and support your answer to the question. I'm sure he wasn't referring to your bible as crap. It's got some pretty good reading, and deserves space on the bookshelf next to other great works of fiction.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                            Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2008, 9:08 am - IP Logged

takeemtothebank

AuntiePat's avatar - animaniacs10
                              Just outside of Cleveland, OH
                              United States
                              Member #54079
                              August 3, 2007
                              106 Posts
                              Posted: February 16, 2008, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Bible thumping 101....

Well said, Pac.

Religions are merely codified organized means of approaching the problems of dealing with one's fellow man.  Rules for living, one might say.  And since one of the 'Rules for Living' is to not take your neighbor's stuff or any stuff that isn't yours--I vote that stealing is more wrong than blowing your winnings.