Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is statistics method really useful to predict drawing number?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
Southeastern Ohio
United States
Member #13850
April 16, 2005
783 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2008, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

There is a statistical system. It's identified as "The StatPath-5", and "The StatPath-6 Lotto Systems". How well these systems work strictly depends on your individual definition of successful wins.

Win the Jackpot every time you play? Are you kidding me?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

They are selling a system, they are making up their "facts".

The Powerball site is a lottery website that keeps statistics on actual results, not "maybes" and woulda shoulda couldas.

If you're so anxious to believe the "facts" on the sytem seller's website, why do doubt the real-life facts on the Powerball site? 

I already told you the source of information, it's the FAQ page of the Powerball site.  

Once again, beware the tout.  

Coin Toss,

Overall the Facts on the System Sellers Site seem more realistic when talking about the State Lotteries (their are 100's of other games not just PowerBall): If you have Proof that they are made-up please post you Source otherwise you should concede that they did Research on the Subject and that their figures are true and accurate.

As far as PowerBall goes how do you know their figures are correct? PowerBall wants their Players to Buy Quick Picks Not Select their Own Numbers. Why? That way they have full control  of the Game and decided who wins and who loses.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2008, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

There is a statistical system. It's identified as "The StatPath-5", and "The StatPath-6 Lotto Systems". How well these systems work strictly depends on your individual definition of successful wins.

Win the Jackpot every time you play? Are you kidding me?

If a system comes close to breaking even, limiting the player lost to very little overall regardless of the amount spent on lottery tickets then I would call it successful.  So far, no one has come up with such a system.  Even when a player beats the overall odds of winning something, he usually wins one of the lower prizes which covers less than 10% of his cost.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2008, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

??

Do you believe it?   I don't believe it :-( 

Stats are useful, but people mistake 'useful' for 'a guarantee'.

Most successful people worked hard and/or got a good break and ran with it. Most unsuccessful people didn't.

Some people worked hard, but ran into some illness or bad luck.

Some lazy slobs happened to be born into wealth or filed the right lawsuit. 

All in all, no guarantees. Stats serve as a guideline.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2008, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

"As far as PowerBall goes how do you know their figures are correct?PowerBall wants their Players to Buy Quick Picks Not Select their OwnNumbers. Why? That way they have full control  of the Game and decidedwho wins and who loses."

I would be muich more inclined to think that with the odds against hitting Powerball, they don't really care how people get their numbers, just that they play!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5120 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

??

Do you believe it?   I don't believe it :-( 

U should post this as a .....POLL

but, thanks for ur ? leading TOO

NOWHERE>>>>>

It appear's UR L@@K'g for DATA>>>>>>>???????????????????

ANSWER:

IT HELP'ssssssss....OK????....(THANK's) LOL>>

PSYKOMO 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2008, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

The statistical method one might assume uses statistics, I think statistics do a better job than guessing or RNG.  Birthdays work well also as we just saw in Ga. $270M with birthdays. Kinda throws water on the birthdays don't work crowd.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                1044 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2008, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

The statistical method one might assume uses statistics, I think statistics do a better job than guessing or RNG.  Birthdays work well also as we just saw in Ga. $270M with birthdays. Kinda throws water on the birthdays don't work crowd.

How many times have "birthdays" or "anniversaries" or some other significant date won a jackpot?  I would be amazed if this occurred more than three times in the whole history of the lottory.  I don't mean to knock this way of picking numbers but I, for one, would prefer a more viable method.

Anybody got one?

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                  Member #50124
                  February 26, 2007
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2008, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

How many times have "birthdays" or "anniversaries" or some other significant date won a jackpot?  I would be amazed if this occurred more than three times in the whole history of the lottory.  I don't mean to knock this way of picking numbers but I, for one, would prefer a more viable method.

Anybody got one?

It won an 82 mil (or something like that) jackpot here in Idaho about 12 years ago.  She always played her brothers and sisters ages.  She filled out her play slip then remembered one brother had just had a BD and it was wrong.  But she didn't have time to change it so took the ticket and won.

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Jarasan

The usual thinking on birthdays is that a lot of people play them and if all your numbers are birthdays, thus no number being over 31, if you do hit, you'll be splitting a lot of ways.

That didn;t happend with this $270,000,000 jackpot and is yet another reason why this couple was extremely lucky.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2008, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Anybody got one?

Since its last matrix change, MegaMillions alone have had seven drawings where all the numbers were 31 or less.

09/27/05  - 14 17 26 27 28 +05
                       11/08/05  - 08 16 21 25 27 +16
                       03/21/06  - 04 16 17 28 31 +08
                       04/10/07  - 07 15 16 19 28 +10
                       06/15/07  - 01 05 16 26 30 +21
                       06/22/07  - 11 14 21 24 31 +23
                       02/22/08  - 07 12 13 19 22 +10

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Statistics can tell you a lot about previous drawings:

Which combinations have won in the past drawings.
                         The numbers drawn most often or least drawn
                         The percentage of even verses odd or low verses high numbers drawn
                         Which bonus numbers are drawn the most or least
                         Which numbers are the most or least active (hot or cold)
                         .....and much more

The problem is knowing how to use this information to win a lottery.  There are those who claim to be developing a formula to plug in such data and pick a winner, but it's an idea that's still being worked on as far as I know.

By me.   LOL

I have tons of stats, and tons of theories, probably too many.

You can use statistics to help you rule things in, and to rule things out, the trick is knowing what info to use when.

The next problem is, for most people, as soon as they have noticed a trend, that trend is usually ending, so if there IS a trend, you better notice it within 3 games, or forget it. 

I have a pretty good statistic I use to narrow down the Red ball itself, the problem is it only narrows it down to about 10 choices, and that's still too many. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Some of you think too much.

A birthday is just a day, a date, that has a number assigned to it. OF COURSE one of these will hit once in awhile, the odds favor it. Nobody ever said 'birthdays don't win', but it's just as one said: you limit your numbers to 1-31, you are really limiting your chances.  So you need to play your birthdays, and a few games not made up of birthdays.

Same for race car numbers, NBA Player numbers, NFL, NHL, and any other 'number' you want to assign something to. 

You have any idea how many folks play #3, #7, #8, #29 and #31 ?

Or, for that matter, #3 and #8  (until this year) ? 

Or just use a dartboard - aka 'quick pick'. 

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10348 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:24 am - IP Logged

Since its last matrix change, MegaMillions alone have had seven drawings where all the numbers were 31 or less.

09/27/05  - 14 17 26 27 28 +05
                             11/08/05  - 08 16 21 25 27 +16
                             03/21/06  - 04 16 17 28 31 +08
                             04/10/07  - 07 15 16 19 28 +10
                             06/15/07  - 01 05 16 26 30 +21
                             06/22/07  - 11 14 21 24 31 +23
                             02/22/08  - 07 12 13 19 22 +10

Ok, guesses on the number of drawings for the remainder of '05, but figuring 2 for Sep of '05, 4 for Oct, 4 for Nov, and 5 for Dec

that makes '05 ((27-12-31)  15

'06 104

'07  104

thus far in '08  16

That makes 239 drawings, 7 of those had all numbers 31 or less.

7/239 = .029%

97.1% of those drawings had numbers over 31.

I think I'd "play the percentages".  

Lep

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2008, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Ok, guesses on the number of drawings for the remainder of '05, but figuring 2 for Sep of '05, 4 for Oct, 4 for Nov, and 5 for Dec

that makes '05 ((27-12-31)  15

'06 104

'07  104

thus far in '08  16

That makes 239 drawings, 7 of those had all numbers 31 or less.

7/239 = .029%

97.1% of those drawings had numbers over 31.

I think I'd "play the percentages".  

The MegaMillions matrix changed 06/24/2005 - 14 43 44 50 56 +07 which was 279 drawings ago.
                              There have been three drawings where all the numbers were greater than 31

08/28/07 -  37 40 48 53 56  +44
                              02/09/07 -  32 39 46 48 49  +41
                              09/20/05 -  35 36 40 42 52  +45

Evil Looking