Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you Win and Tell? * LP members

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 9 years ago by MillionsWanted.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you hit the lottery.. big...over 50Grand...to Millions would you tell?

NOPE.. Not here or there [ 37 ]  [48.05%]
Yes... That moment I realize it. [ 25 ]  [32.47%]
Only in PM's [ 1 ]  [1.30%]
Only Todd [ 14 ]  [18.18%]
Total Valid Votes [ 77 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
Member #55246
September 20, 2007
225 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2008, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I voted "only Todd" but, he will have my permission to post a copy of the winning ticket.Big Smile Oh, wait, I am going to PM Psykomo too.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I chose lump sum.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      12018 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2008, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I chose lump sum.

I hope you come forward and don't have financial problems later in life !!!

LOL

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
        mn
        United States
        Member #59040
        March 4, 2008
        276 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2008, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

dont really no anybody here so i dont think ill tell anybody but ill still visit

San Diego, CA
          United States
          Member #58386
          February 12, 2008
          290 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2008, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

The funny part is, I would not tell any of my friends and family (including my mother).  I would come up with some excuse why I had the money.  Money is a taboo subject for me.  It probably wouldn't be difficult to avoid talking about.  I like being a mystery anyway.

I would post my winning ticket on LP however.  I would need to tell someone.  My shrink would be the only other person part of my life to know about it.

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            Monte Carlo
            France
            Member #55589
            October 9, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2008, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Why not?I would tell!

Then help all those in need,and get a record in history.

Hans

EVERYWHERE
              United States
              Member #58052
              January 28, 2008
              9 Posts
              Posted: March 14, 2008, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I would tell!!!

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                Member #24380
                October 21, 2005
                623 Posts
                Posted: March 14, 2008, 2:17 am - IP Logged

I would want to post it, but I probably wouldn't do it.   My name and city would be public information, so I'd completely lose my anonymity.  All jokes aside, I've been stalked and it's very scary.   

Absolutely.  The stalking experience is NOT pleasant at all!  My job caused some of my family members to be stalked and me!  We were under constant scrutiny.  Not good.  On top of that, I did not make enough money to warrant that, but it did not change the stalking.  Staff members were NOT to divulge personal information to clients---PERIOD!  But for a dollar, they would!  I was stalked my a co-worker too!  That is why I value privacy so much.

I voted, no.  Besides, I just want a little money to be comfortable.  People who are in real need will benefit from the bulk of my winnings through a charitable foundation that I would start.  A sound financial team would help me invest or do whatever I needed to make the money grow in order to help it grow for the purposes I want to win it for.

I have read many stories on LP by members.  I would want to send the members who have touched my heart  a little somethin' somethin' anonymously of course! Blue Angel.   Those persons have posted enough to give a kind of feel for the kind of spirits they have.  Kindred spirits flock together like birds of a feather.  And that member SHOULD keep the gift quiet as there would be many who would bicker claiming the criteria used to select beneficiaries was not fair, etc., etc.    Perhaps I would provide a link to a gift card that is loadable or something.  But the recipients would NOT know it came from me.

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                  The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3685 Posts
                  Posted: March 14, 2008, 5:28 am - IP Logged

When I win the Powerball this Saturday night; I will soon as I can.

Thumbs Up

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                  Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                  Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                  Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                  Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                    West Side of Sunny Florida
                    United States
                    Member #55048
                    September 8, 2007
                    3371 Posts
                    Posted: March 14, 2008, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Absolutely.  The stalking experience is NOT pleasant at all!  My job caused some of my family members to be stalked and me!  We were under constant scrutiny.  Not good.  On top of that, I did not make enough money to warrant that, but it did not change the stalking.  Staff members were NOT to divulge personal information to clients---PERIOD!  But for a dollar, they would!  I was stalked my a co-worker too!  That is why I value privacy so much.

I voted, no.  Besides, I just want a little money to be comfortable.  People who are in real need will benefit from the bulk of my winnings through a charitable foundation that I would start.  A sound financial team would help me invest or do whatever I needed to make the money grow in order to help it grow for the purposes I want to win it for.

I have read many stories on LP by members.  I would want to send the members who have touched my heart  a little somethin' somethin' anonymously of course! Blue Angel.   Those persons have posted enough to give a kind of feel for the kind of spirits they have.  Kindred spirits flock together like birds of a feather.  And that member SHOULD keep the gift quiet as there would be many who would bicker claiming the criteria used to select beneficiaries was not fair, etc., etc.    Perhaps I would provide a link to a gift card that is loadable or something.  But the recipients would NOT know it came from me.

Your job caused you & your family to be stalked??  Sorry to hear that, and I gotta ask what type of job causes that? 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
                      Raleigh
                      United States
                      Member #49057
                      January 17, 2007
                      172 Posts
                      Posted: March 14, 2008, 9:36 am - IP Logged

$1M or less and I would just post on here that I won immediately without a second thought.

If I won a big jackpot like Powerball, I would still post that I won, but not under this username and not from an IP that is traceable to me. Additionally, I would not post until I was ready to cash in the ticket.

CaliWinner's avatar - aeonflux
                        Orange County, CA
                        United States
                        Member #59371
                        March 14, 2008
                        28 Posts
                        Posted: March 14, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably tell. Who cares if you get inundated with PMs? You don't have to read them or reply to them. And how would anyone be able to stalk you through this forum? The only person who has any useful information (email, IP address, etc) is Todd, and hopefully he's not a stalker! If someone can track me down through the name "CaliWinner", more power to them. They're more likely to be able to stalk me through the fact that winners are publicly announced in most states.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                          mn
                          United States
                          Member #59040
                          March 4, 2008
                          276 Posts
                          Posted: March 14, 2008, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably tell. Who cares if you get inundated with PMs? You don't have to read them or reply to them. And how would anyone be able to stalk you through this forum? The only person who has any useful information (email, IP address, etc) is Todd, and hopefully he's not a stalker! If someone can track me down through the name "CaliWinner", more power to them. They're more likely to be able to stalk me through the fact that winners are publicly announced in most states.

actually press conferences occur in all states, its just that intelligent individuals request anonymity and/or legal entities

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                            Member #50124
                            February 26, 2007
                            601 Posts
                            Posted: March 14, 2008, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Lucky you to be in California.  LottoCalGal just called the state's lottery commission to confirm that the state of CA allows winners to remain anonymous.  Wish Idaho would.  I'll have to go thru all sorts of maneuvers to remain anon when I win here.

Kola's avatar - image
                              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                              Member #28945
                              December 25, 2005
                              1532 Posts
                              Posted: March 14, 2008, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would likely tell, if only to reassure my fellow Number Chasers that their hunting isn't in vain, and that what I did can be done again and again and again...

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.