Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won powerball or megamillion

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 8 years ago by DC81.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Would you share your money with others or be stingy

Share with others [ 60 ]  [55.05%]
stingy [ 22 ]  [20.18%]
give to church [ 5 ]  [4.59%]
charity [ 10 ]  [9.17%]
schools [ 2 ]  [1.83%]
poor [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
homeless [ 1 ]  [0.92%]
sick [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
people who need it in the US [ 8 ]  [7.34%]
people who need it in other countries [ 1 ]  [0.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 109 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5124 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2008, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

PSYKOMO........voted the norm......."share it with other's">>

My experience with U-HAUL-IT >>>>>> has not been that GREAT!!!!

I once drove ah..... U-HAUL-IT >>>>>> truck thru a tunnel and LEFT

the the whole DARN BODY of the truck on the opposite end of the

tunnel I drove thru->>>>>>>>>>>>> ?????????????????????????

SO ..........what do YOU-DO>>>>>>>>  ????????????????????????

DROVE what was left of the TRUCK back to the RENTAL COMPANY

and demanded my MONEY>>>>>>>>   BACK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GOT-it-TOO.....................& told them to solve the  problem  and

call the POLICE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

remember>>>>>>SHARE with OTHER's>>>>>

LOL

PSYKOMO

TRANSLATION:

YOU may not be able to TAKE-IT with YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUTT

and all KNOW psykomo.............HAS a lot of FUN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

with.............................U-HAUL-IT......TRUCK's >>>

LOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&&&&&&&&JACKPOT22U

PSYKOMO

Pittsburgh, PA
    United States
    Member #58600
    February 21, 2008
    43 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2008, 3:40 am - IP Logged

KEEP THE MONEY IN THE US FOR GOD SAKE.  We have enough problems here that all you Mother Theresa wannabes can attend to.

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5124 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2008, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

TRANSLATION:

YOU may not be able to TAKE-IT with YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUTT

and all KNOW psykomo.............HAS a lot of FUN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

with.............................U-HAUL-IT......TRUCK's >>>

LOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&&&&&&&&JACKPOT22U

PSYKOMO

BUTTTTTTT when I saw de LITE on de>>

side of de tunnel>I said thank GOD!

PSYKOMO know's how to KICK>>>>>>>BUTTT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and GOD said>>>>>>>>>LOL??

PSYKOMO

DC81's avatar - batman39
        MI
        United States
        Member #54830
        August 31, 2007
        985 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2008, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

My goal would be to become wealthy with the winnings instead of just rich, part of my drive or whatever would probably be an imaginary competition with other big lotto winners who won similar or bigger jackpots. Yes, that that's probably a little egocentric but, oh well. I wouldn't go around gloating about it, since I still would have enough sense to try and keep the number of people around me who actually knows where a big portion of my money comes from at a minimum.

You can't predict random.

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
          Vancouver, WA
          United States
          Member #53665
          July 15, 2007
          151 Posts
          Posted: May 12, 2008, 6:41 am - IP Logged

KEEP THE MONEY IN THE US FOR GOD SAKE.  We have enough problems here that all you Mother Theresa wannabes can attend to.

Destined,  not sure if this reply was intended to me or not, but if it was, reset assured that not all my winning will be spent outside the US.  Helping others in a different country, especially the country that my wife is from certainly does not classify me in the same catagory as Mother Theresa.  Most of the problems here in the US are caused by people who don't care for others.  If I can give a couple hundred thousand to a city in Northern Philippines and help a whole town improve the lifes of all the kids, then by God, I will.  Spending the same amount on US charities would result in only a fraction of that being spent to help others, that is after all the operating costs, paying the saleries of workers and other stuff is skimmed off the top of my donation.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
            Member #24380
            October 21, 2005
            623 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2008, 1:32 am - IP Logged

The church, the poor, and those who need it worldwide.  The better way to give to worldwide needs would be through a charity I guess.  But then with all that money, I could go to assess the needs myself and save a lot of red tape.  Might even be able to avoid the salaries of charitable organizations and give directly tot the folk needing it.

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
              Bayonne
              United States
              Member #61147
              May 13, 2008
              129 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I was attempting to vote but not able to  .. but I would of course share with family and charities which I cherish but I would also give to children in need in other countries .. actually one kid I just saw this morning on that save the kids program - his family was doing him all kinds of wrong - his mother had died of aids and his father left him with some villagers that didn't give two cents about him because he had hiv - his nose was running, his tummy bloated as hell, i think i counted three flies by his head - but he was the most handsome little boy you ever did wanna see Disapprove now I wish I had money so I could just pluck him out of that environment and have magic johnson be his god daddy and give him the stuff he chewed on to get so fat and disease free - then I'd make sure he went to the best schools and basically make sure he wants for nothing again - but the evil in me would make sure we go back to visit uncle and daddy, you know to bring them sweaters from the salvation army $10 dollars in single bills [just to be messy] then we're off on our private jet in the middle of that dusty road! some people need arrogance like that to teach them a lesson! you can't treat anyone like dirt because you just never know when you'll be the one swatting flies and walking around with just one sandle!

United States
                Member #59167
                March 8, 2008
                174 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2008, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Forty plus years ago I spent a couple of years in east Africa.  I cannot count the number of starving children I saw every day. An American dollar was a fortune to them.  However, those in power were only interested in increasing their own fortunes; humm - similar to our politicians.  Today, nothing has changed and nothing will ever change. In the year 9099, people in certain areas will lie on the side of a mound of dirt and die, but others will have the food and other enmities.  Darfor was homeland of savages when Christ walked the planet, and will be the same if every rich person in the world gave everything they had to the starving.  It is the way Mother Nature designed life on the planet. Some will succeed and some will fail. Some will rule and some will become extinct.  Has been going on since the ice age.  Mother Nature has never changed the rules, and never will.  Mans little compassion for everything will have zero effect on nature.  Never has and never will.  A lion will only lay with a lamb when he has eaten his full of other lambs - period.

This Jimmy Steward concept of saving the world was pushed by Hollywood 50 years ago, and people still beleive they can change the pattern that has been happening for eons. Personally, like every single egotist in Hollywood, I would give every penny that the tax code allows me to deduct.  Then I would hop in my limo, be taken to a private airstrip, and ride in my private airplane to all the exotic hotels and islands set aside for the exclusive.  I would then enjoy my meals and conversations with people like Pitt, Oparah, Striesand, and Clooney. Conversation about, probably, how generous we are.

Bondi Junction
                  Australia
                  Member #57242
                  December 24, 2007
                  1102 Posts
                  Posted: May 29, 2008, 6:35 am - IP Logged

You can play Megabucks by subscription, via the Massachusetts lottery. There are no residency restrictions.

One2Adore's avatar - butterfly2
                    Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #50566
                    March 8, 2007
                    88 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2008, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Like others, the amount won would determine how much and with whom the money is shared.  No matter what, family will be taken care of.  They may not be able to quit their jobs, but I would try to make them debt free.   But I would also give to charitable causes as well.  I couldn't choose one over the other.

GoldenWhun's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      OHIO
                      United States
                      Member #62958
                      July 14, 2008
                      11 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2008, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm not real close with my  family so they dont get anything. My mother and my daughter will get ALOT. Moms can retire and go see the world. Daughter would get the best education money could buy. I will give to friends that have been there through thick and thin. I will give to various charites. I plan on starting a annual Thanksgiving dinner for less fortunate and plan on taking a few poor families  a year Christmas shopping complete with toys, trees and trimings, and Dinner. MM jackpots are huge. I just want to make some poor kids Christmas to be memorable.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                        Washington State
                        United States
                        Member #33973
                        February 26, 2006
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2008, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I've already signed and had an affidavit notarized gifting a share of 30% of any MM ticket I purchase in the next year to my large extended family, with most individuals owning a set share of one or two percent.   So should I win the jackpot, my relatives would also be considered winners, and they would pay income taxes out of their amount and I wouldn't have to pay gift taxes, since it would be the "partnership" that won.   Even one percent of the present jackpot would be more than half a million dollars before taxes, which would allow them to improve the quality of their lives.  Most of my relatives are already retired and own their modest homes outright.  I see no point in having any of them live extravagantly, nor would I plan to do so myself.  Should any of my relatives need additional funds for medical care, under present law I could pay that out of my share without incurring gift taxes on the amount.

After improving my own living standard, I'd still have plenty of money left for charity.  I'd give some during my life time, but invest most of it and leave the bulk of my estate to various charities upon my death.  Included among the charities would be college scholarships, libraries, food banks and donations to PAWS or similar organizations in the three communities in which I have lived an extended period of time.  I'd also donate to a specific world relief organization highly rated by Charity Navigator, a charity rating organization.  Among other things, this charity helps people grow food and improve health in their own communities.

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5124 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2008, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Uff Da!:

THANK's for UR post>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U PROVE we donot have to WAIT to PLAN to SHARE >>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm >>>> SURE >>>> MOST of U on the LOTTERY POST don't wait to for

a  PICK 3 R 4 R 5 R >>>>>>>>>>>a JACKPOT before U or ME "GIVE's"!

LOL

PSYKOMO

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5124 Posts
                            Posted: July 18, 2008, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Uff Da!:

THANK's for UR post>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U PROVE we donot have to WAIT to PLAN to SHARE >>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm >>>> SURE >>>> MOST of U on the LOTTERY POST don't wait to for

a  PICK 3 R 4 R 5 R >>>>>>>>>>>a JACKPOT before U or ME "GIVE's"!

LOL

PSYKOMO

TELL UR demorat friend's 2

DRILL>DRILL>DRILL (Oil)

now or UR family will pull UR<<dead body 2d grave

BY a HORSE & WAGON if they can AFFORD that MUCH for "YOU"????????

LOL>>>>>>>>don't lose UR RESPECT before YOU lose the "LOTTERY"!!

PSYKOMO

Sandra Dee's avatar - dandy
                              Bayonne
                              United States
                              Member #61147
                              May 13, 2008
                              129 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2008, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

okay shhhh ..it's 10:59 and my life MAY be about to change .. i'll let you know what i'll really do after this drawing ...Smile  .. there they go ... there they go .... NADA! not one number ... Unhappy maybe next time gadget!