Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I hope it (Powerball) rolls again

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 9 years ago by spy153.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Michigan
United States
Member #59293
March 12, 2008
121 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2008, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Ive heard jack whittaker spends 100 dollers on EVERY powerball drawing just to piss people off. LOL

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2008, 8:21 am - IP Logged

I had bought 3 quicks (1.00 each).  I had 2 numbers on every ticket. yes I had the 16 in the right spot.  So I got something, too.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2008, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Ive heard jack whittaker spends 100 dollers on EVERY powerball drawing just to piss people off. LOL

If that's true then he's wasting his money because there are a lot of people who don't care.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2008, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Why would it piss people off when every dollar spent on powerball raises the jackpot?Personally,I thank him for spending $100 on every Powerball drawing.

Michigan
          United States
          Member #59293
          March 12, 2008
          121 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2008, 11:42 am - IP Logged

ive read in interview jack whittaker said he still plays powerball and buy 100 dollers worth of tickets on every powerball drawing. he didnt really say "just to piss people off" but he said he hates it when everytime i buy large numbers of tickets people look at you in a different way like you commited a crime or something   

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2008, 11:59 am - IP Logged

ive read in interview jack whittaker said he still plays powerball and buy 100 dollers worth of tickets on every powerball drawing. he didnt really say "just to piss people off" but he said he hates it when everytime i buy large numbers of tickets people look at you in a different way like you commited a crime or something   

Whittaker is one of those people that people love to hate.He's rude and coarse and rich beyond belief.People are jealous that this type of person won this kind of money.They want to believe that they would be better fit to win that kind of money,that Jack doesn't deserve to be a winner.Maybe they are right.Maybe they are wrong.It doesn't really matter.He did win it and its his to spend any way that he chooses.If he wants to spend $100 or even a $1000 for every Powerball drawing,so be it.He isn't hurting anyone and he is actually adding to the jackpot that somebody will eventually win.

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2008, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Whittaker is one of those people that people love to hate.He's rude and coarse and rich beyond belief.People are jealous that this type of person won this kind of money.They want to believe that they would be better fit to win that kind of money,that Jack doesn't deserve to be a winner.Maybe they are right.Maybe they are wrong.It doesn't really matter.He did win it and its his to spend any way that he chooses.If he wants to spend $100 or even a $1000 for every Powerball drawing,so be it.He isn't hurting anyone and he is actually adding to the jackpot that somebody will eventually win.

Whether or not someone "deserves" to win is a matter of debate.  There are alot of other winners who've wasted all their money and ended up back in debt again.  Did they deserve to win?  You could say something about everyone who has ever won and ask if they deserved to win, and the debate would go on.

There are certain types of behavior that to me are simply unacceptable for ANYONE, rich, poor, black, white, famous, unknown, etc. to engage in.  Whittaker and alot of other people engage in those types of behaviors unacceptable behaviors.  Some, like Whittaker, think they can do it because they have money.  Others think because they are celebrities, movie stars, etc., they can do it for that reason, and the list goes on.

That is my issue with people like Whittaker, not that they didn't deserve to win, but the things they do.

Just my opinion.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #58386
                February 12, 2008
                290 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2008, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Others look at him different because 99% of people are jealous a**holes who have miserable lives.

United States
                  Member #26330
                  November 16, 2005
                  330 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2008, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Others look at him different because 99% of people are jealous a**holes who have miserable lives.

OMG!!   HAHAHAHAHA that would be crazy!Bang Head              If he did win I would wish him luck because if I win a large jackpot I would still play and try to hit another jackpot.   Hopefully he has learned some tough lessons on how to handle large sums of money and the fame and attention that comes with it.  If this jackpot gets claimed by a trust I might start getting suspicious!!  LOL   I can't imagine how he could keep it quiet,  even with a trust a reporter would eventually find out.   The press would go CRAZY and whittaker ugly mug would be on CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, ect for days straight.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10391 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2008, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

These "ant it to rollover" threada are always entertaining because what the they are really saying is:

"Well I want it to rollover because I didn't hit it" -

Not realizing there are 30,000,000 to 50,000,000 other players out there that would feel the same way towards anyone who did hit it.

You really have to love the way lotto players root for each other and are just as anxious to see the next person win and are happy for them when they do.  Once upon a time...

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2008, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss said:

That just about sums it up for me.I want to win a jackpot,any jackpot will do.But I prefer to win a HUGE jackpot.The bigger the jackpot is,the more I want to win it.So do most people who buy Powerball or Mega Million tickets.How many people have you heard say "I don't think I'll buy a ticket because the jackpot is to big"?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10391 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2008, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss said:

That just about sums it up for me.I want to win a jackpot,any jackpot will do.But I prefer to win a HUGE jackpot.The bigger the jackpot is,the more I want to win it.So do most people who buy Powerball or Mega Million tickets.How many people have you heard say "I don't think I'll buy a ticket because the jackpot is to big"?

Well I've never not bought a ticket because the jackpot was too big, but I have prayed that if I hit it someone else does too, like I said, some amounts just get "obscene".

People here at LP have posted that an ideal hit would be a $12 or $15 million jackpot right after a huge jackpot had been hit and the winner or winners had not yet claimed it.  They may be onto something. A heck of a lot less publicity, if any, for one thing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                          mn
                          United States
                          Member #59040
                          March 4, 2008
                          276 Posts
                          Posted: March 16, 2008, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss said:

True to a degree, you would be amazed at how many people just buy tickets for the heck of it and do nothing after they purchased them, probably throw them away, discard them or whatever they do, just because it's some sort of a habit. Only a small percentage of people actually rely heavily on the lottery for their financial abundance, the majority of people dont really care. We could probably make the argument that in the history of the lottery more people probably didnt claim than those that did. We just think that more people claim because obviously those are the only one we hear about.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: March 16, 2008, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Although I don't play because of the jackpot amount, when it rolls for weeks I hope at least 1 other person will win.  When our state jackpot was $50 million, for example, I said "I hope 5 people win."  I don't really need $50 million (or even the lump sum)  If it's 55% ($27 million) less taxes, then 5 people would each net over $3.5 million...plenty for me to have a very comfortable life!   

United States
                              Member #58528
                              February 18, 2008
                              710 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2008, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

True to a degree, you would be amazed at how many people just buy tickets for the heck of it and do nothing after they purchased them, probably throw them away, discard them or whatever they do, just because it's some sort of a habit. Only a small percentage of people actually rely heavily on the lottery for their financial abundance, the majority of people dont really care. We could probably make the argument that in the history of the lottery more people probably didnt claim than those that did. We just think that more people claim because obviously those are the only one we hear about.

Are you talking about jackpots?If so,I strongly disagree with you about more people not claiming their prizes.I don't know the numbers about how many folks claimed their jackpots and how many folks didn't but I'm 99.99% sure that most jackpots ARE claimed.Occasionly,I read where a state lottery is looking for the winner of a second or third tier winner,and the winner doesn't show up to claim the prize,but I don't believe I've ever heard of a state searching for a jackpot winner that didn't show up to collect.It may have happened but I don't recall hearing about it.That would be BIG news.