Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I won the Little lotto

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 9 years ago by CCHS13.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49813 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win!!...I also agree that you should cash the ticket yourself.

I don't know how much you won, but if it was me, I would place a good deal of that money offshore, like in Switzerland. that way, I wouldn't have to pay taxes on the dividends...

Hey,...I'm all for sticking it to tha man!! expecially considering that Uncle Sam bends us over ever chance he gets.

It's not Uncle Sam sticking it to you: It all the Tax Cheats that don't pay their fair share!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
    chicago ill.
    United States
    Member #3600
    February 4, 2004
    337 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2008, 10:42 am - IP Logged

How much was your win?  I'll cash it for you at a low fee.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

It's not Uncle Sam sticking it to you: It all the Tax Cheats that don't pay their fair share!

What about all those people who do not want to work?  Isn't that wrong...?

We have to be careful here at LP.. Things like this get people's feathers ruffled...lol

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

BTW as for the winner:  Pay the taxes so another person can sit at home while others work.  It is the American way for some people.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
          Clarksville
          United States
          Member #487
          July 15, 2002
          17638 Posts
          Posted: April 8, 2008, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

You should cash it yourself whether u owe child support or anything because if u have your grandparents or anyone else cash it, you can mess up their money.  Social Security has limits of earned income and so does disability pay.  If you aren't planning on taking care of "whomever" cashes your ticket in..then you need to do it yourself. Also, if they are on welfare, you can really mess them up. If you don't owe anything, the taxes are about (Federal-6,000 on 25,000).  If your state has income tax, then it may be a couple more.  The most important thing is that you can subtract your losing tickets against your win (the ones that you bought this year)...all of them scratchers, etc. Don't be scared, cash it yourself.  if it is over 100,000.00 u will pocket about 72-75.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2008, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

BTW as for the winner:  Pay the taxes so another person can sit at home while others work.  It is the American way for some people.

Tntea, I totally agree with you, but only to a point.  I'm glad you said "some people."   Yes, I've met a few moochers in my time, but there are also many folks who are very ill, physically or mentally handicapped, or on a lot of medication and can't go to work.  It's unfortunate that a system that was originally designed to help people in need has gotten out of control.

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3475 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2008, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win!!...I also agree that you should cash the ticket yourself.

I don't know how much you won, but if it was me, I would place a good deal of that money offshore, like in Switzerland. that way, I wouldn't have to pay taxes on the dividends...

Hey,...I'm all for sticking it to tha man!! expecially considering that Uncle Sam bends us over ever chance he gets.

Have you ever considered that taxes might not be so high if all the thieves like you paid their fair share?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2008, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever considered that taxes might not be so high if all the thieves like you paid their fair share?

Hurray!

Boy am I glad it was you who posted that last comment.   If I wrote it, I'd be called nasty names and criticized for being selfish and rude.  It must be nice not to be affected by those things.  Is there a "how to be negative and get positive results" course anywhere? 

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2008, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Amen..winning is a Blessing and "Being Honest" is the price. If u don't want to cash it, donate it to a legal charity.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2008, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Tntea, I totally agree with you, but only to a point.  I'm glad you said "some people."   Yes, I've met a few moochers in my time, but there are also many folks who are very ill, physically or mentally handicapped, or on a lot of medication and can't go to work.  It's unfortunate that a system that was originally designed to help people in need has gotten out of control.

I know there are lots of people who cannot physically nor mentally able to hold a job.  I know several personally who are physically disabled, both in wheelchairs, one with MD who cannot wipe her own nose and the other paralized from the neck down.  However, both of these two individuals get up every morning, with assistance of course and go to work for at least 6 hours.  Why? Because of pride.

I know there are lots of others,  know/met them personally, who can show up at the park to practice swing bats to hit baseballs who refuse to work.

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                      Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #46704
                      September 23, 2006
                      3692 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2008, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Dont want to get off the subject here but how many are aware that income taxes is not a LAW,

it was voted upon and actually did not have enough votes to pass and was passed anyway,

furthermore it was suppose to be on a temporary basis and it never went away.  The initial 

purpose was to pay back the money with interest that is loaned to the goverment by the

Federal Reserve Bank.  Thats right, the Federal Reserve Bank is privately owned and they want

their money

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2008, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Dont want to get off the subject here but how many are aware that income taxes is not a LAW,

it was voted upon and actually did not have enough votes to pass and was passed anyway,

furthermore it was suppose to be on a temporary basis and it never went away.  The initial 

purpose was to pay back the money with interest that is loaned to the goverment by the

Federal Reserve Bank.  Thats right, the Federal Reserve Bank is privately owned and they want

their money

do you blame them

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: April 8, 2008, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

their money

Good point.  King George III would say "I told ye colonials ye shall render today or on the morrow!."  The thing that botheres me the most about paying taxes is the fact that all govt. employees have guaranteed pensions, medical etc. on our .  The worst of which is congreff, one term served and you are hooked up forever, I think that is the main motivating factor for a lot of these politikos. JMO.  Nobody ever talks about how much is spent monthly on Govt. salaries and pensions, if anybody knows please enlighten us. Thanks.

Defense, infrastructure, the truly needy, etc. no problemo, but the add more laws and taxes group must be reined in.

it snipped ? ten cent units.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: April 9, 2008, 11:42 am - IP Logged

heres a scenario for you.  you get someone to cash it for you, a trusted loyal persaon, " old school" so to speak.

you go in together, the tickets handed over, the lottery office says , ok everythings fine well pay the money over in 2 weeks.

you head outside and WHAM trusted person gets hit by a runaway bus and killed. I guess the money now belongs to his estate.

i know its a long shot, but when handing cash ovver to someone elseto " look after" you introduce all sorts of complications,. you are obfuscating the true ownership of the money form the gov, if you then need to prove your ownership, how are you going to  acheive this?

like everyone else says, claim it in ya own name, once you actually have the money theres plenty of chances to lose it in crackpot ideas.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10354 Posts
                              Posted: April 9, 2008, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

their money

It started out as a "temporary" tax to finance WW I.

Never forget folks, the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is about 15 to 20 years in a federal pen.

Just ask Irwin Schiff. He wrote a book all about you don't have to pay taxes and then went around the country "educating" people about it- then he went to the joint for tax evasion.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.