Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if you could pick the correct p/3# each time?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2008, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

please don't take this into consideration....i am just imagine...YOu couldn't do this if you wanted to...

Lets assume the cap was 3 million, that will be 3 million x 38 or whatever number of state have pick3, it will equal: 114 million in 1 day...in a week it will be 800 million in 10 years it will be 520 BILLION and in 20 years it will be 1 trillion....

1 TRILLION, enough to change this world...

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7313 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2008, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I know they do, but if you knew that number you could play it till they cut that number off.  How many times do you think they would continue with p/3,  if one man, could take them for thousands everyday.  Personally, I think they would suspend p/3, until they figure out what was going on.

"but if you knew that number" and "if one man, could take them for thousands everyday"

Before a state lottery began a pick-3 game, they had to find a method to draw the numbers that would make it impossible for any one person to know the number before each drawing and a live ball drawing was that method. When the PA pick-3 game was rigged the cheaters were caught because lottery security saw that most of the winning tickets were bought in a certain area. Any time there is a much larger than average payoff on any given number, lottery security will investigate for possible cheating.

You're hypothetically saying someone could do the impossible and asking how they could collect their imaginary winnings. Don't most fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time"?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Pac, I thought you already had Super Human Feet.   So it should be a shoe-in for you.  Then every woman would fall head over heels for you and...

Oh, you said "Super Human Feat."   ... never mind.  Jester

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2008, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

please don't take this into consideration....i am just imagine...YOu couldn't do this if you wanted to...

Lets assume the cap was 3 million, that will be 3 million x 38 or whatever number of state have pick3, it will equal: 114 million in 1 day...in a week it will be 800 million in 10 years it will be 520 BILLION and in 20 years it will be 1 trillion....

1 TRILLION, enough to change this world...

The funny thing is that those 1 trillion dollars will not be spent, is the interest on those 1 trillion dollars that will be used...Those 1 trillion dollars will be used for emergency....The only problem is the damn taxes..And this is only counting the U.S is not counting the rest of the world...

JAP69's avatar - alas
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #6
          November 4, 2001
          8790 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2008, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I know they do, but if you knew that number you could play it till they cut that number off.  How many times do you think they would continue with p/3,  if one man, could take them for thousands everyday.  Personally, I think they would suspend p/3, until they figure out what was going on.

If the payout limit was reached every draw they would shut the game down. Money wagered generally does not cover the limit.

When trips hit in S.C. recently they had a news article where the lottery got clobbered. They took in something like 150 thou and paid out over 500 thou.

If I were able to pick just one winning number per draw I would not wager large amounts to kill the cow.

Nice to live in fantasy land and dream on. ROFL

MAGA

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2008, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Maybe some of you have seen that genie in a bottle story e-mail that gets forwarded often-  the one where the genie offered someone three wishes, and when it came to oney the genie warned them that most people who wish for a million dollars or more wind up blowing it all.

So the way the story goes is the person being granted the wishes wished that no matter what they bought, no matter what anything cost, when they reached in their pocket, the money to pay for it - plus $20 (so they wouldn't be broke)was always there. Pretty slick.

If there was such a thing as nailing the Pick 3 every drawing I'd treat it that way, not try to hit it for so much that the game would be closed down, as many have mentioned in this thread.

Even Pumpi's fantasies about using it to make millions- a trillion- and supporting charities - what good does that do if the source of the funds gets shut down?

Keeping a low profile and not geting too greedy is the best way to go.

Of all the lottery documentaries that have been made - and all the horror stories about those who blew it - not one of those who did exactly kept a low profile. Think about that.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2008, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Imagine, you found a way to pick the correct number for p/3 each and every draw, with just one ticket.  What would you do?  Would you hit hard and fast knowing they would shut it down in three or four days.  Would you keep your method to yourself or share with others, knowing they might go crazy and buy too many or tell too many people, and thus shutting p/3 down in your state and maybe other states as well?  Or would you keep it a secret, and buy just one or two tickets a day, and milk for the rest of your life?

Ride the wave 'til it ends. What is most likely to happen is that the state would shut you down.

If you hit every time you play, even if you play at a different place every day, it will be eventually known among clerks "that guy who drives the red pickup wins everytime he plays". There goes your "secret". People move. One of your "new" stores will eventually have one of your "old" clerks. They and their friends would ride your numbers. (And they tell 2 friends... )

You'd be surprised how many people know your face, but not your name. Postman (well, they know your name), meter reader, people who commute at the same time, people who work where you shop, etc.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2008, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I would play at different stores 50 - tickets a day and travel around collecting, hoping not to be noticed.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8790 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2008, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Maybe some of you have seen that genie in a bottle story e-mail that gets forwarded often-  the one where the genie offered someone three wishes, and when it came to oney the genie warned them that most people who wish for a million dollars or more wind up blowing it all.

So the way the story goes is the person being granted the wishes wished that no matter what they bought, no matter what anything cost, when they reached in their pocket, the money to pay for it - plus $20 (so they wouldn't be broke)was always there. Pretty slick.

If there was such a thing as nailing the Pick 3 every drawing I'd treat it that way, not try to hit it for so much that the game would be closed down, as many have mentioned in this thread.

Even Pumpi's fantasies about using it to make millions- a trillion- and supporting charities - what good does that do if the source of the funds gets shut down?

Of all the lottery documentaries that have been made - and all the horror stories about those who blew it - not one of those who did exactly kept a low profile. Think about that.

Yes that would be the way to do it. If you have the winning number all the time the lottery will be there when needed for more funds.
                  With that thought if you like to travel there are something like over 30 states with pick 3.

MAGA

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                    Clarksville
                    United States
                    Member #487
                    July 15, 2002
                    17638 Posts
                    Posted: June 15, 2008, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about that..everyone won't play your numbers because they figure..well they hit yesterday so today they won't.  I think the ones who actually play and win a lot are regulars who play a certain set of numbers that they wait for.  They figure out the hot numbers and just wait on them.  They play every draw but when they hit..mostly it is double digits say 10,000 and up. I know one guy who plays the P4 and everyday he spends about 10.00 per draw on his 1 number.  When that number hits staight, he cleans up. 

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: June 15, 2008, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

If the lottery gets shut down, it can be replaced for a better, easier and free lottery...

All it needed to replace the 1 state lottery is 3 billion dollars...To replace all the lotteries of the United States it will take 120 billion dollars...

The only difference between the state lottery and the lottery that is going to replace it is that the lottery that is going to replace it is going to be FREE, but it will only work 6 days a week....Which i think is enough, for i think we should replace the day of Rest which is sunday...Sunday should be considered the day of the Family....Also there will be a limit on the amount of tickets you can play on the free Pick3, free Pick4, free Lotto and free Powerball...

Amount of tickets one can play for the free pick4 will be: 20 tickets per person, on free pick3 will be 13 tickets per person, on the free Powerball will be 40 tickets per person, and on the free lotto will be 33 tickets per person....

And this free lotto will have the same amount of winners as the actual Pick3, pick4, lotto and Powerball of each state....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: June 15, 2008, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi, governments don't conduct lotteries to be free lotteries.

Capitalist societies don't conduct free lotteries.

They are in the business of running lotteries to make money, not to just give it away.

The money that is paid out comes from the losers, but not all the money the losers have lost- the "house" doles out a small portion to the winners and keeps the rest for itself.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                          Connecticut
                          United States
                          Member #61623
                          May 29, 2008
                          20581 Posts
                          Posted: June 15, 2008, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I would play at different stores 50 - tickets a day and travel around collecting, hoping not to be noticed.

My exact thought...I'm still trying to figure out a way to feel good enough about a number to dump 4 or 5 bucks straight on it.I don't know about the rest of ya,1500 to 2500 extra once a month every month would be perfect for me.Only one who'd notice something like that would be the covience store thats always paying you out but even then 1 power hit a month could get by as "lucky"

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7313 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

If the lottery gets shut down, it can be replaced for a better, easier and free lottery...

All it needed to replace the 1 state lottery is 3 billion dollars...To replace all the lotteries of the United States it will take 120 billion dollars...

The only difference between the state lottery and the lottery that is going to replace it is that the lottery that is going to replace it is going to be FREE, but it will only work 6 days a week....Which i think is enough, for i think we should replace the day of Rest which is sunday...Sunday should be considered the day of the Family....Also there will be a limit on the amount of tickets you can play on the free Pick3, free Pick4, free Lotto and free Powerball...

Amount of tickets one can play for the free pick4 will be: 20 tickets per person, on free pick3 will be 13 tickets per person, on the free Powerball will be 40 tickets per person, and on the free lotto will be 33 tickets per person....

And this free lotto will have the same amount of winners as the actual Pick3, pick4, lotto and Powerball of each state....

After being a member of LP for almost 3 years you should have a better understanding of the function of state run lotteries. They offer games of chance with the percentages in their favor and use the profits to benefit the state. In the fiscal year 2007, the Ohio Lottery had sales of $2.26 billion and paid out $1.35 billion in prizes. The profits are the difference but the prizes still come out of the total sales so if it was a free lottery, there would be no sales. Where would the prize money come from?

There have been many discussions about stores clerks telling players with $200 winning tickets they must wait to collect their winnings until the store sells $200 worth of tickets. At the end of the day, the store sales are balanced out and it will either show a profit or loss. At some point the lottery will either collect the profits or reimburse the losses. The stores get a small percent of their sales and that is either deducted from their profits or added to the reimbursement. Do you really believe all those stores will give away free lottery tickets, pay off the winners, and get back nothing?

Even though state lotteries can be called cash cows, they don't have money trees growing outside their offices.

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2008, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

After being a member of LP for almost 3 years you should have a better understanding of the function of state run lotteries. They offer games of chance with the percentages in their favor and use the profits to benefit the state. In the fiscal year 2007, the Ohio Lottery had sales of $2.26 billion and paid out $1.35 billion in prizes. The profits are the difference but the prizes still come out of the total sales so if it was a free lottery, there would be no sales. Where would the prize money come from?

There have been many discussions about stores clerks telling players with $200 winning tickets they must wait to collect their winnings until the store sells $200 worth of tickets. At the end of the day, the store sales are balanced out and it will either show a profit or loss. At some point the lottery will either collect the profits or reimburse the losses. The stores get a small percent of their sales and that is either deducted from their profits or added to the reimbursement. Do you really believe all those stores will give away free lottery tickets, pay off the winners, and get back nothing?

Even though state lotteries can be called cash cows, they don't have money trees growing outside their offices.

Let's put the example of Georgia...Georgia revenue from lottery is like 1.5 billion for the year...And remember that 1.5 billion is only 50% of the money of players...

Well if they save what they make in 2 years, place that money in the bank, and the interest at 5% can generate/power a free Pick3, a free Pick4, a free lotto, and a free Powerball...And it will have the same amount of winners as the actual charging lottery...Is the state going to lose that 3 billion? NOPE IS NOT, is just going to be used by a big powerful bank...So they will never lose those 3 billion.....And is the state using those 3 billion? NOPE is not is using the INTEREST ON THOSE 3 billion....

The interest in one of the bank is right now 4.1% but i am sure if you had 1 BILLION it can be 5%.....

Remember when i said that it will take 120 billion to replace all the state lotteries of the U.S, including powerball, lotto, pick4 and pick3?Well the entire lottery revenue of the U.S is how much? Is about 40 billion EACH YEAR...So wait 3 year and 40 billions x 3 years equaled: 120 billion...Those 120 billion is placed in the bank AND THE INTEREST ON THOSE 120 BILLION DOLLARS AT 5% will replaced the actual lotteries, just the same away we did with the example of the Georgia State lottery...

What the U.S can do? as a "disque"(supposedly a) civilized society is have free lotteries and charge for Powerball style lotteries that pay huge amount of people, have plenty of them, and let them pay as a starting jackpot 100 million dollars...Not have 1 have several in each state...And let them pay 100 million, 200 million, 300 million, 400 million, starting jackpot and let the grow if no one wins it...But don't play it twice a week but instead once a week and if the tickets have to cost 2 dollars or 3 dollars so be it...For example if a Starting jackpot is 100 million but it cost 3 dollars then is 300 million, if a starting jackpot is 200 million but it cost 3 dollars then the starting jackpot is going to be 600 million...Not only that but they can create LOTTOS like Powerball that cost 25 cents and pay 1/4th the prize of Powerball Starting Jackpot in each state, which would be 3 million dollars...And this way create plenty of millionaires...I want the State lottery to create the most millionaires....I want them to replace the pick3, pick4, with free pick3 and free pick4, and replace the Pick5 with millionaires Powerball size lottos...That will be better...

Look people i am not trying to put the U.S down, but i honestly don't see a difference between a third world developing countries and an industrialized countries, the only difference is the majority of people that live in each country accordingly , which in industrialized countries tend to be white people and developing countries tend to be spanish or arabs, and the language they speak that's the only difference...I don't see a difference....You may ramble and say that they are but i know better....In both types of countries women are treated the same way, so again i don't see a difference...And the funniest thing of all is that i live in Panama i don't live in Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, vietnam...LOL...

So if Japan, England, U.S, France, Canada etc want to show off that they live in an INDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRY, which i don't know what it means so if they want to show that they better have free lotteries, they better empower women and don't sell liquor and lotteries on Sunday and dedicate the Sunday as a Day of Rest and the day of the family...To prove that they, the industrialized nations are a better more civilized society than the developing third world countries...All the industrialized nation have to worry about is their population not letting it grow...

so do i have a notion of how lotteries work...i have a notion better than most people...

This is the best i can come up with....i am giving you an idea where you can take it a step further...

Why do i favor free pick3 and free pick4? so that they can work like a shelter, EMERGENCY ATM and HAB1(movie Red Planet) for females, minorities, disabled people, etc...Because in industrialized nations they pitch these group against the rest of the population like they were the same AND THEY ARE NOT i don't care how many time a female may tell me she is equal to the rest of the population i know better she is not, one group is carrying a heavier bagage...

and there will be plenty of millionaires created every week in every State in the U.S...

Now tell me if this will not make the industrialized nations better more civilized than the developing, third world countries...