Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of STOCKS would you invest in?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 8 years ago by time*treat.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8364 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2008, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

For those who are interested there was a science show on the other night and they showed some nano threads or nano fibers they say these will revolutionize products as they are stronger than steel.

Also nano technology is in the infancy stages of every aspect of manufacturing they say one day we will carry them in our body's and they will repairs us when we are damaged in some ways.

Where cancer is concerned they will carry the meds straight to the tumor and destroy it.

While one might not make a killing of of the stocks that will be generated from nano technology now, purchasing them for your younger loved ones. Might help them in the future as they will be among the most sought after stocks.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
    JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2008, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I have invested in stocks at one time.

My theory is percentage cycles no matter what stock but having assets to debt ratio I like.

Turn over money in a short period for profit. Waiting for the big kill ties up money too long.

MAGA

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5124 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2008, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your post GameGirl.  I got into trouble in 2001-2002, so I know what you mean! 

PLEASE, PLEASE>>>>>>>>HAVE no fear>>>>>>>

michelleeeeeeeeee O,BAMA will set us FREE $$$$

U won't ever B in TROUBLE AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>>>IF U VOTE for O,BAMA<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JACKPOT 2 ALL americian's>>>>problem's solved!!!!!!!!

bee a g@@d democrat and DRINK the c@@l>>>>>>>>ADEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee>>>

PSYKOMO

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2008, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I buy the tube socks and the black dress socks for work, that's it. But I wouldn't invest in socks, I just buy them. Infact, I don't have the foggiest on how the sock industry works. I have a good idea, but it must make money because just about everyone in the civilized world buys a few.

Maybe i should buy some fruit of the loom stocks.

Go figure...What?

socks

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2008, 1:42 am - IP Logged

This thread isn't getting all of the replies because...........Oh, it's just not worth it, I would be banned from here........

You don't have the money to invest in all the things YOU like, but I CAN tell you if you did, you would be BROKE.

There are a lot more people a lot richer and smarter than you looking for investments, and I KNOW they have looked at everything, and if there was a chance at making money there, they would (invest).

I could give you a list of 100 companies that do Genetic Engineering, YOU pick the 5 'best'.    The fact is, you can't.  Few can, not without insider information. I know I don't invest in something unless it is financially sound, and FEW GR companies are financially sound.

Actually, with the population of the USA about to go into a downward cycle: a lot of the 'baby boomers' are reaching the age where death isn't far away (sorry folks: it's fact), the number one thing to invest in is funeral homes.  Business is booming.

Listen: we all have things we would LIKE to invest in: products or services we believe in, but the facts are: most of them are not financially sound: not sound enough that I can get a decent return in the future like I can (when) I average more into PBR, NBR, RIG, DO, and some others I have on my watch lists.

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2008, 1:46 am - IP Logged

And the way things are going kids having kids (you lucky the U.S has land but what about Mexico, or Colombia) the population of the U.S i say would double and continue to grow and each one of them wants a car...A woman has to lose her virginity at 14 otherwise she is not a woman..Stuff i am talking about, now multiply that scenario by 30 million and you are going to tell me that not 1 of them is bound to be pregnant..And this is going on in every corner of the world...Where are all the cars going to fit...People are not like before..

Do you watch local news everyday or even CNN everyday or Newspapers everyday?

'A woman has to lose her virginity at 14 otherwise she is not a woman'.

Where on earth do you come up with this baloney ?

Do you have a clue what 'crack' is, and where are you getting yours ?

Is it legal in your country ?

Do you believe everything you read or see on TV ?

Is Billy Mays one of your favs ?   He'll sell you something...

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2008, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Not only is sex rampant but so is violence...Did you know that there are people so wicked that they see sex as a glass of water"...Where do i learn this things? by listening to people, something a lot of people don't...

WHERE ?

In Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tibet, or Tijuana Mexico ?

El Salvador ?   Dominican Republic ??

Wherever you are 'learning' this, you better turn the channel.

You never did tell us where you are getting your LSD...

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2008, 1:56 am - IP Logged

No i don't eat meat, and this is something i've wanted to do for about 9 years now...I eat chicken every now and them but i mostly like fish...If i could eat fish everyday i will do so...

About the cows i don't say you can't kill the cows but killing cows just because you want to get hamburgers out of them or red meat, you are growing an animal just because you want to kill it and i mean the animal is bigger is not like it was a small animal..That's kind of cruel and not just that but you feed him what YOU WANT come on...I've come to dislike redmeat and dislike even more hamburgers..Is something that i did for years but never had the courage to say it and since in my neighboorhood the only thing they had was hamburgers because it was the only thing and the nearest thing they got...They don't have no soup restaurants no subway...

I don't ride a car i rode a car because i have to because in my state of Georgia you HAVE TO DRIVE A CAR...Where i live they don't have trains...I love taking trains or buses...If my state had trains it will be so wonderful specially a train with double deck...I was in great lakes and i took the train and what a wonderful feeling...I don't like driving cars i mean if you are in the U.S is obligatory for you to drive..Not saying that driving is not cool but i always had a thing for riding a train...

Another stock i would invest is in the fish industry and yes soybean is a marvelous stock i would invest in too it shows promise...

i would invest in Nike because nike is universal...if you notice most of my stock are universal...and i love that word so much universal...

Black & Decker, Samsung, Whirpool, Westinghouse if it still exist are some of the stock i would invest in....

And this are things i like for years they are not recent...I ride a bus...I can get myself a car but i don't because i prefer the bus...But guess what? I dislike airplanes i don't like riding on airplanes or on elevators or living on a 45 stories building...

OK, you don't like killing cows just for the food value, but you would rather eat 'farmed fish' ?

Fish grown in purpose-built ponds just to become food ?

Same thing for Chicken.

You have double-standards for your food choices here.

People don't HAVE to own a car - it just makes things more convenient.

Look at New York City - millions live there - and some don't have cars at all.  That may be a glaring exception to the rule, but lots of folk don't have cars in urban areas such as London, Paris, Sao Paulo, Rio, San Francisco, Milan...

The only conglomerate you need to invest in is GE.

Reminder: NIKE = shoes made by children under slave labor.   And you LIKE that ??

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2008, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Oil and gas.

Nice 2 bedroom condo.

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2008, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

i'll invest in Banks too...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
                      Member #61785
                      June 4, 2008
                      33 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2008, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

how do you even invest in stocks? is there like a website or something?

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2008, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

how do you even invest in stocks? is there like a website or something?

i don't know how you invest in stock, wish i did know...I've heard that you have to call a broker to invest but how do you find a broker is my question...I am clueless just as you...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

DC81's avatar - batman39
                          MI
                          United States
                          Member #54830
                          August 31, 2007
                          985 Posts
                          Posted: September 8, 2008, 1:36 am - IP Logged

There are several sites, such as Ameritrade and E-Trade.

You can't predict random.

Entertaiment Capital
                            United States
                            Member #37800
                            April 19, 2006
                            302 Posts
                            Posted: September 8, 2008, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I am investing in real estates. Yeah, not a good idea for a short period of time. But I am putting most of my winning into income properties, such as shopping malls, office buildings, and apartments. And I put the incomes from the properties into diversified mutual funds. Largest mutual fund companies offer One-Fund solutions. This means that a mutual fund invests in all other mutual funds in the same company.

I will be putting much of winnings into money markets, too. I need a steady flow of living expenses and if I win a crap load of money then I can put some of my winning into a money market account or two.

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2008, 1:59 am - IP Logged

I am investing in real estates. Yeah, not a good idea for a short period of time. But I am putting most of my winning into income properties, such as shopping malls, office buildings, and apartments. And I put the incomes from the properties into diversified mutual funds. Largest mutual fund companies offer One-Fund solutions. This means that a mutual fund invests in all other mutual funds in the same company.

I will be putting much of winnings into money markets, too. I need a steady flow of living expenses and if I win a crap load of money then I can put some of my winning into a money market account or two.

This would be one of the faster ways to go broke in life...