Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

QP's & FP's for NY Take 5

Topic closed. 1124 replies. Last post 6 years ago by brothadan.

Page 72 of 75
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3693 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2010, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I got these two ugly lookin FP's today:

7 12 13 18 37

2 6 9 11 26

Group dist on the first one is 3-1-1 with 3/2 odd even split.  (48,354 possible combo's in that group, not too bad, but there are better group distributions than 3-1-1)  But 18 will have to triple up tonite for that sucker to be a winner. I dont like the sequential in the set either.  There's been a lot of those very recently, I doubt there will be another one drawn tonite.

The second one is even worse.  4-1-0 groups dist with 2/3 odd even split. There's only 9,295 possible 5 number combos out of 575,757.  You can expect 4-1-0 to show up every 62 drawings....  A set of numbers cant get uglier than that.  Not to mention six out of the last seven drawings have had double singles.  I cant see that happening again tonite.  Ths is why you need to avoid QP's......

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3693 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I got these two ugly lookin FP's today:

7 12 13 18 37

2 6 9 11 26

Group dist on the first one is 3-1-1 with 3/2 odd even split.  (48,354 possible combo's in that group, not too bad, but there are better group distributions than 3-1-1)  But 18 will have to triple up tonite for that sucker to be a winner. I dont like the sequential in the set either.  There's been a lot of those very recently, I doubt there will be another one drawn tonite.

The second one is even worse.  4-1-0 groups dist with 2/3 odd even split. There's only 9,295 possible 5 number combos out of 575,757.  You can expect 4-1-0 to show up every 62 drawings....  A set of numbers cant get uglier than that.  Not to mention six out of the last seven drawings have had double singles.  I cant see that happening again tonite.  Ths is why you need to avoid QP's......

Told ya they were ugly!

Tonite's drawing: 13 15 20 22 35

1-3-1 distribution with 3/2 odd even split...  not bad....

I had one number, the 13.... better luck next time! (Which is tomorrow nite!!)

Slayer's avatar - olab
      Oneida, NY
      United States
      Member #89915
      April 18, 2010
      255 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2010, 7:09 am - IP Logged

After looking at the winners for last nights take 5, I'm convinced that buying multiple tickets of the same numbers is actually a good thing. I've seen this before where someone has bought the same ticket 5 times and won, and from the same location. I've seen it recently with mega too. I going to give it a try very soon.

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3693 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2010, 8:40 am - IP Logged

After looking at the winners for last nights take 5, I'm convinced that buying multiple tickets of the same numbers is actually a good thing. I've seen this before where someone has bought the same ticket 5 times and won, and from the same location. I've seen it recently with mega too. I going to give it a try very soon.

Call me stupid, but I dont get it.  Why would anyone buy the same set of lines five times? I dont see the point of doing it. But it obviously made sense to somebody. Since they were self picks, my guess is they played all five sets of numbers on the same bet slip.  But maybe not... maybe they played the winning numbers on 5 different slips because they bought a very large number of lines.  I dunno... cant figure it.

October 5, 2010 Take Five Winning Numbers:
        13 - 15 - 20 - 22 - 35

Prize
        Level
        Numbers
        Matched
        Prize
        Amount
        No. of
        Winners
        First5 out of 5$11,493.507
        Winning Counties: Onondaga(QP), Queens(5), Suffolk

Retailer Locations:

• QUICKWAY #33, 512 STATE FAIR BLVD, SYRACUSE
        • KINSI CREATIONS INC, 348-1 LAKE AVENUE, ST JAMES
        • C-TOWN SUPERMARKET, 142-36 FOCH BLVD, JAMAICA
          Slayer's avatar - olab
          Oneida, NY
          United States
          Member #89915
          April 18, 2010
          255 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2010, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I guess the only reason someone would play the same numbers five times is to get a bigger slice of the pie. I'd think that you would have a pretty good feeling that the numbers were going to hit also. Maybe that's the freaking trick. Play the same set.

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3693 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2010, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I guess the only reason someone would play the same numbers five times is to get a bigger slice of the pie. I'd think that you would have a pretty good feeling that the numbers were going to hit also. Maybe that's the freaking trick. Play the same set.

I thought about it, and I now know why the person that won the JP played those numbers 5 times. He defeated the pari-mutual division of a first place prize. 

The NY Lottery's website shows 7 first place winners of $11,493.50 each.  But in actuality there were only 3 winners. (Assuming it was only one person who played the same set of 5 numbers 5 times.)

Had the 5 time winner bought only one set of five, he'd have collected $26,818.17  $11,493.50 X 7 = $80,454.50, which is the total JP amount that had to be divided equally.  $80,454.50 divided by 3 winners is $26,818.17 

But since the winner played 5 sets of 5 numbers he won 5 times $11,493.50 or $57,467.50.  The guy more than doubled his share than if he had only played one set of 5. (He picked up an extra $30,649.33)

This strategy gives a larger share of the pari-mutual winnings to one person.  Smart move considering these days most Take5 JP's are usually split among multiple winners, and they are not as big as they once were. He basically took an extra 15 grand from the other two winners.  If they figure it out, I bet they're PO'd.  I know I'd be mad as hell that some smart SOB legally robbeb me of 15 grand. 

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2010, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I thought about it, and I now know why the person that won the JP played those numbers 5 times. He defeated the pari-mutual division of a first place prize. 

The NY Lottery's website shows 7 first place winners of $11,493.50 each.  But in actuality there were only 3 winners. (Assuming it was only one person who played the same set of 5 numbers 5 times.)

Had the 5 time winner bought only one set of five, he'd have collected $26,818.17  $11,493.50 X 7 = $80,454.50, which is the total JP amount that had to be divided equally.  $80,454.50 divided by 3 winners is $26,818.17 

But since the winner played 5 sets of 5 numbers he won 5 times $11,493.50 or $57,467.50.  The guy more than doubled his share than if he had only played one set of 5. (He picked up an extra $30,649.33)

This strategy gives a larger share of the pari-mutual winnings to one person.  Smart move considering these days most Take5 JP's are usually split among multiple winners, and they are not as big as they once were. He basically took an extra 15 grand from the other two winners.  If they figure it out, I bet they're PO'd.  I know I'd be mad as hell that some smart SOB legally robbeb me of 15 grand. 

Good point.  Now we have to watch the website and see if they SHOW the winner of the 5 times in the RECENT WINNERS part and we can see who this smart person is.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3693 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2010, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Good point.  Now we have to watch the website and see if they SHOW the winner of the 5 times in the RECENT WINNERS part and we can see who this smart person is.

I'm with you Kap, but I dont think we're gonna get to see this very smart person.  I have a relative that won a Take5 JP last year, and they didnt want any publicity, so they refused to have their picture taken and put up on the Lottery's website.  My guess is whomever won Take5 last night wont want any publicity either.

I've been keeping my eye on recent winners, I'm hoping that we get to see the person that recently won multiple 2nd place prizes in Mega Millions.  Not sure what the deal is there, because I dont think 2nd place in Mega is pari-mutual.  Maybe it is, I dont really know because I rarely play Mega.  If 2nd place in Mega isnt pari-mutual, then I dont know why the person played multiple lines of the same numbers.  I thought maybe if the person appeared in recent winners, there might be an explanation of why they played multiple lines of the same numbers.  But that person might refuse the publicity too.

With regard to last nite's Take5 winner, I think this smart person might be a professional gambler. It could be that they bought one helluva alot more lines than just those 5 that won. I'm new to playing the lottery, I started playing regularly last year.  Prior to that I knew next to nothing about any type of gambling. Gambling was something that I very rarely did.  I never knew that a pari-mutual JP could be won that gives more money to one winner over the other winners.  But I'm sure that people who gamble regularly, (or bet the horses alot) have known for years how to generate a bigger share for yourself at the expense of other winners when making a pari-mutual bet.  If they arent a pro, they sure are a very savvy lottery player.  I have to tip my cap to them. I'd be mad as hell if I was one of the other two guys that won, as it cost each of them 15 grand, but I'd have to admit it, that guy was one smart player.

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3693 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Tonite it's three for me.....

8 14 23 29 34

2 19 24 26 31

7 16 25 27 36

But I dunno... I aint feelin nuthin tonite.

Other nites, I felt like somethin good was commin.  Course the way it all worked out, those feelin's were absolutely worthless, so maybe me not feelin nuthin tonite is a good sign!

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3693 Posts
                    Posted: October 7, 2010, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I'm looking for a 2-1-2 group distribution tonite.  Hasnt been one for 12 drawings, but it usually happens every 7 days or so.

2 18 21 25 37  (1-3-1 dist here, for no reason other than just because)

3 9 24 28 29

5 12 14 27 32

Elmont.NY
                      United States
                      Member #91803
                      May 25, 2010
                      438 Posts
                      Posted: October 8, 2010, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I'm looking for a 2-1-2 group distribution tonite.  Hasnt been one for 12 drawings, but it usually happens every 7 days or so.

2 18 21 25 37  (1-3-1 dist here, for no reason other than just because)

3 9 24 28 29

5 12 14 27 32

GiveFive without out looking up the past years take-5 hits,off the top of my head the number 14 is HOT and after that I would say 4,10,24.38,39,5,7 maybe you would like to add to this and we wheel the numbers for a win,

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3693 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2010, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive without out looking up the past years take-5 hits,off the top of my head the number 14 is HOT and after that I would say 4,10,24.38,39,5,7 maybe you would like to add to this and we wheel the numbers for a win,

Try these: 2, 21, 28, 32, & 33

Slayer's avatar - olab
                          Oneida, NY
                          United States
                          Member #89915
                          April 18, 2010
                          255 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Aye.......Got 3 out of 5 last night with my personal picks.

United States
                            Member #94616
                            July 24, 2010
                            4735 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2010, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Fast- here is the top #'s for the last 390 plays, 14 is 3rd.....

high end

6 hit 66 

5 hit 61

14 hit 60

low end

20 hit 40

26 hit 40

28 hit 41

Expected Frequency of each number is: 50

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11978 Posts
                              Posted: October 10, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm with you Kap, but I dont think we're gonna get to see this very smart person.  I have a relative that won a Take5 JP last year, and they didnt want any publicity, so they refused to have their picture taken and put up on the Lottery's website.  My guess is whomever won Take5 last night wont want any publicity either.

I've been keeping my eye on recent winners, I'm hoping that we get to see the person that recently won multiple 2nd place prizes in Mega Millions.  Not sure what the deal is there, because I dont think 2nd place in Mega is pari-mutual.  Maybe it is, I dont really know because I rarely play Mega.  If 2nd place in Mega isnt pari-mutual, then I dont know why the person played multiple lines of the same numbers.  I thought maybe if the person appeared in recent winners, there might be an explanation of why they played multiple lines of the same numbers.  But that person might refuse the publicity too.

With regard to last nite's Take5 winner, I think this smart person might be a professional gambler. It could be that they bought one helluva alot more lines than just those 5 that won. I'm new to playing the lottery, I started playing regularly last year.  Prior to that I knew next to nothing about any type of gambling. Gambling was something that I very rarely did.  I never knew that a pari-mutual JP could be won that gives more money to one winner over the other winners.  But I'm sure that people who gamble regularly, (or bet the horses alot) have known for years how to generate a bigger share for yourself at the expense of other winners when making a pari-mutual bet.  If they arent a pro, they sure are a very savvy lottery player.  I have to tip my cap to them. I'd be mad as hell if I was one of the other two guys that won, as it cost each of them 15 grand, but I'd have to admit it, that guy was one smart player.

GIVFIVE, I also noticed how this person won five mega millions second prizes using self picks and five take 5 first prizes using self picks.  Your explanation about the take five wins makes a lot of sense.  When it comes to mega millions you can win $250k regardless of the jackpot size, the same goes for powerball.  I feel that the person that won the mega millions is the same person that won the take five, queens and brooklyn are very adjacent to each other.  In mega millions when you win multiple second prizes the only looser is the lottery, because you can win as many $250k without any effect on the others second prize winners.But the real winner on the 9/17/2010 mega millions drawing was the young woman from brooklyn that won the $54 millions jackpot with $2 QUICK PICK.

Page 72 of 75