Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Good habit or Bad habit?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2009, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I know exactly what you mean. I've known people who used to "believe" but something happened to shatter their faith and they go the opposite way. That's understandable. I didn't mean to make you angry, just meant that if you are suffering as you say,what harm can it do to believe in something "positive"? It doesn't have to be God, it can be anything. A beautiful sunrise, a flower, all the wonders of nature, yourself? It's the positivity that will bring good things to your life and it sounds like you are doing that by giving to the less fortunate. A time will come when all your good deeds will rush back to you. It might not be what you expect (it rarely is), but it will come. Smiley 

Very well said lottolaughs. Yes Nod Postive attracts postive. Just like negative attracts the negative. I know this unfortunately.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2009, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Very well said lottolaughs. Yes Nod Postive attracts postive. Just like negative attracts the negative. I know this unfortunately.

Exactly! It has nothing to do with religion. It all depends what your true intentions are. Alot of people do "good" things not because they are pure hearted or care but because there is something in it for them(fame, more money, etc). To the outsider we might say "wow" that people is a good person because he gave x amount to charity or did this or that. If what you do is pure of heart and is postive from that point then I agree that positive attracts positive. It's all very complex but it's much better to do good because as humans it's what connects us more so than being evil or bad.

Play to win!

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2009, 10:46 am - IP Logged

create your own charity. Watch the family members. 70 percent of all big winners go broke after a period of time. Most due to family and friend. The 70 percent all had

one thing in common. They all tried to please everone.

70% of all big winners go broke after a period of time?

Where in the world did you get that figure?

keithporter's avatar - side smile.jpg
        stone mountain
        United States
        Member #68471
        December 22, 2008
        111 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2009, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

70% of all big winners go broke after a period of time?

Where in the world did you get that figure?

Figure is accurate. Oprah did a whole show on it and Vh1 as well as other news outlets have done stories on past big lottery winners. Vh1 just ran a repeat of their show. \

Most of them just don't know how to handle that much money and what comes there way after winning. 

Entertaiment Capital
          United States
          Member #37800
          April 19, 2006
          302 Posts
          Posted: January 30, 2009, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Exactly! It has nothing to do with religion. It all depends what your true intentions are. Alot of people do "good" things not because they are pure hearted or care but because there is something in it for them(fame, more money, etc). To the outsider we might say "wow" that people is a good person because he gave x amount to charity or did this or that. If what you do is pure of heart and is postive from that point then I agree that positive attracts positive. It's all very complex but it's much better to do good because as humans it's what connects us more so than being evil or bad.

I don't want to be rude or crass, but say the exact same thing to rape victims.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            917 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2009, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Religion has little to do with winning. The thing that all winners have in common, religious or not, is they bought a ticket.Smash

I Agree!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2009, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I drive to downtown LA to buy some Japanese books and buy Korean art supplies. I see a lot of beggars. I can't just pass by them without giving them a dollar. It's just me. I am not really a compassionate person. I can be a mean <snip>. But I almost always give money to them. I don't care if they are fake beggars at all. I don't care if they will use the money for drugs. I just hand out a dollar bill to them.

I was on 6th St onto 110 Freeway. A thin white girl with a hoodie was stading on a street corner with a sign. I briefly thought if she's a fake one. But she looked very desperate. She didn't particularly ask me to give money. But I just rolled down my car window and gave her a dollar bill.

Maybe I am bragging about it. I am not sure. I don't feel the need of hiding good conduct. I am an atheist and I don't buy Biblical teachings. What I do is what I do. There's no reason to hide it unless it's a shameful one.

On my way home I started wonder if I deserves a jackpot. Well, during the 32 years of my life I've suffered major setbacks and failures. And I suffered unimaginably horrible psychosomatic pain. And I surely know there is nothing beautiful or sacred about suffering. I was there. And there's nothing lovely about suffering.

If I win a jackpot I'd donate to charity just to get a tax break. Well, maybe not. I don't trust charity organization after I saw an Aston Martin with a school for blind logo on it. Maybe I should run my own soup kitchen. No money. Just food and clothings. There are always unfortunate suckers out there. Somebody's gotta help them no matter what.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Dude, I would say this is a very bad habit.  I would rather spend that dollar you are giving to some beggar to buy myself a lottery ticket. 

Here's my definition of a bad and good habit:

Bad habits are actions, behaviors, deeds that do not produce positive results (i.e. smoking, drugs, etc).

Good habits are actions, behaviors, deeds that do or have the potential to produce positive outcomes (i.e. working out, eating healthy foods, etc.).

Giving a ticket to a bum...I mean beggar may make you feel good, but does the act of giving the dollar change either your life or the beggar's life for the better?  In 99.9% of all cases, I would say NOT AT ALL.  Now if that beggar was wearing some presentable clothes, said he/she was on the way to a job interview and needed a few bucks to cover the public bus fare to the interview, that is the 0.1% of cases that might produce a positive outcome, for example.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                Kunming
                China
                Member #57910
                January 23, 2008
                3626 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2009, 9:32 am - IP Logged

What?ThudSulk Off

Play to win!

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2009, 11:50 am - IP Logged

This doesn't make sense. How did you come to that conclusion from jackpotismines post?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2009, 11:50 am - IP Logged

What?ThudSulk Off

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

pittsburgh
                      United States
                      Member #51040
                      March 25, 2007
                      457 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2009, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I believe,

Everyones story is written as soon as they are born.

From day one wat you........ see ,smell, hear, touch, and taste

makes who and what you are.

Of course the first day leads to the next day and so on and so on for ever as long as you shall live.

in other words what you due tuesday leads to what you do wednesday.

I have never heard of anyone waking up somewhere and someone new everyday..................................

Winning the lottery comes down to one thing and one thing only..........................

Having the right numbers on the right day.............................................................

I can play 2, 26, 27, 33, 35    everyday...............................................    but come friday i had to go to the

doctors for some test.      so i had to stay late and didnt get to play my number. does that make me

unlucky?

No it just means 1 thing and only 1 thing...............(proven fact)

i didnt have the right numbers at the right time................................................................

So say i did make it to play my number and hit, does that make me lucky?????????????????????

What if i spent $17,000 on that combo and only hit for $9000..... How can that be luck????????

It means only 1 thing

I had the right numbers AT THE RIGHT TIME

So anyway as soon as you were born you were destined to do one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIVE.

HOW you do it, all depends on who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2009, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

If it wasn't for religion we will not be here...Religion is what unites us as human beign....If there was no religion how would you know the difference between good and evil, let me guess your cheap explanation, that a human been is born with a sense of what's wrong and what's right? No they don't....People critizy religion but no body talks about the homeless people that the church takes care off....now about religion i don't know but humans NEED the church....Even though China may not be Christianity it NEEDS the church...

I am a science guy and i wish people stop thinking that the Sun and the rest of the stars revolve around the earth, i also wish people focus on science and forget about Christ coming a second time...I believe christ died and wast the greatest person ever to live and that he was the sun of God but i don't believe he is coming again...

One thing i don't like about Asia is that there is nothing similar to the Church, or its replacement, an organization very popular that will take care of the less fortunate, the needed, the sick, the cast of society and try to transform them into better beigns and help them spiritually it doesn't have to be about religion and if it can financially then so be it...Yet Asia doesn't have this...And don't give me that crap about the red cross...The red cross will not go to the prisons and try to transform the evil doers into better humans for we are all humans and make mistake...Tell me who in the world does that? That's why this world needs the church or a system similar to it but with a cosmology side to it and with the belief of God and that he created the Universe, perhaps not with the virgin mary or Christ but with God on it and with some physicaly touch to it about healthy living like exercising eating right, praciticing good modales [spanish word], female empowerement, female rule [for you see for the last 10,000 years man has been ruling], siding with the weak, talking about technology, talking about how man will cross the stars, mathematics & theoretical mathematics, putting yourself in the shoes of others, living the movie Red Planet, etc etc.......Asia needs this...Asia needs the Church...IT MAY NOT NEED RELIGION BUT IT DOES NEED THE CHURCH....

Asia does not have something similar to deal with poverty because it has never been poor it doesn't know what it is to suffer....

Anyways i encourage people who have a lottery winfall to save 1 million in the bank and live off of the interest and go above their way to help others, is one of Christ teaching...You see this is the crap i am talking about does Asia fragmented religions teach this? of going beyond your way to help the others...That's why again i say and God the creator of the Universe knows i am right, and this is why i say again, Asia needs the church it may not need religion but IT NEEDS THE CHURCH.... 

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2009, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

If it wasn't for religion we will not be here...Religion is what unites us as human beign....If there was no religion how would you know the difference between good and evil, let me guess your cheap explanation, that a human been is born with a sense of what's wrong and what's right? No they don't....People critizy religion but no body talks about the homeless people that the church takes care off....now about religion i don't know but humans NEED the church....Even though China may not be Christianity it NEEDS the church...

I am a science guy and i wish people stop thinking that the Sun and the rest of the stars revolve around the earth, i also wish people focus on science and forget about Christ coming a second time...I believe christ died and wast the greatest person ever to live and that he was the sun of God but i don't believe he is coming again...

One thing i don't like about Asia is that there is nothing similar to the Church, or its replacement, an organization very popular that will take care of the less fortunate, the needed, the sick, the cast of society and try to transform them into better beigns and help them spiritually it doesn't have to be about religion and if it can financially then so be it...Yet Asia doesn't have this...And don't give me that crap about the red cross...The red cross will not go to the prisons and try to transform the evil doers into better humans for we are all humans and make mistake...Tell me who in the world does that? That's why this world needs the church or a system similar to it but with a cosmology side to it and with the belief of God and that he created the Universe, perhaps not with the virgin mary or Christ but with God on it and with some physicaly touch to it about healthy living like exercising eating right, praciticing good modales [spanish word], female empowerement, female rule [for you see for the last 10,000 years man has been ruling], siding with the weak, talking about technology, talking about how man will cross the stars, mathematics & theoretical mathematics, putting yourself in the shoes of others, living the movie Red Planet, etc etc.......Asia needs this...Asia needs the Church...IT MAY NOT NEED RELIGION BUT IT DOES NEED THE CHURCH....

Asia does not have something similar to deal with poverty because it has never been poor it doesn't know what it is to suffer....

Anyways i encourage people who have a lottery winfall to save 1 million in the bank and live off of the interest and go above their way to help others, is one of Christ teaching...You see this is the crap i am talking about does Asia fragmented religions teach this? of going beyond your way to help the others...That's why again i say and God the creator of the Universe knows i am right, and this is why i say again, Asia needs the church it may not need religion but IT NEEDS THE CHURCH.... 

i forgot a couple more: having a beautiful human features/race gardens/diversity/mixture, trying to find the eternal fountain of youth, conscious sweating, and by the way all of them that i mentioned all of them combined are more important than sex OR MONEY, creating genius kids soldiers raising them a certain way, what about the elderly?

Is like a kid that only wants perfectionism all the time and forgets that humans are creatures of perfectionism and so is life on Earth....Or a kid that is so accustom to winning all the time, when he doesn't know that losing is winning sometimes...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2009, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

i forgot a couple more: having a beautiful human features/race gardens/diversity/mixture, trying to find the eternal fountain of youth, conscious sweating, and by the way all of them that i mentioned all of them combined are more important than sex OR MONEY, creating genius kids soldiers raising them a certain way, what about the elderly?

Is like a kid that only wants perfectionism all the time and forgets that humans are creatures of perfectionism and so is life on Earth....Or a kid that is so accustom to winning all the time, when he doesn't know that losing is winning sometimes...

What about disabled people...See what i am saying...

I forgot 3 more: teaching about finding the pill that will make women not pregnant without getting a stroke or heart attack or blood pressure, working on ministerio de obras publicas, planting trees...See what i am saying....

remember humans are not perfect...They make mistakes...by the way Have you ever sat down and observe a person all day and count the mistakes they make for the day....

have you seen the cartoons they show in Japan? riddled with violence i wonder if is the same for all Asia....Instead of cramming them with algebra equations....yugio and anime, etc...

you can know all the kunfu you like or have your country full with nuclear weapons it will not help you against a cosmos star blast/discharge...

Entertaiment Capital
                              United States
                              Member #37800
                              April 19, 2006
                              302 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2009, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Well, you guys said positivity attracts positive things and negativity attracts negative things. Then, well...did victims of vicious crimes were...ASKING FOR IT?

And pumpi76, you don't sound like a science guy. And you have a horribly wrong idea about Asia. Nations in ancient Asia were periodically struck by famine and other natural disasters, and cannibalism was not uncommon in places like China. Yes, ancient Asians suffered horrible things caused by poverty, too.

And you sound like some Southern Hick.