Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto STILL going up!

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LotteryGuy.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #3023
December 14, 2003
4166 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2009, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

That's good. We have another chance for Wednesday!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5603 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2009, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

People must not play much, how else would a relativley easy jackpot only 14 million to 1 go so long with no winner.

compared to California SLP 41 million to 1, Lotto Texas 26 million to 1, Florida lotto 23 million to 1

NY lotto 22.5 million to 1 have higher odds but get won frequently

It is kinda weird. There have been 3 winners this year in Lotto Texas. 10mil, 11 mil, and 28 mil. I read in meeting transcripts that the commisioners are a little bummed that the jackpot keeps getting hit before it can get really big.

When Classic Lotto does get hit, it will probably be some weird combination of numbers on a QP. Or maybe birthday numbers. Who knows?????

Northern Ohio
      United States
      Member #63551
      August 1, 2008
      203 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2009, 9:32 am - IP Logged

RCBBuckeye, you live in Texas but you have Buckeye in your name-are you originally from Ohio? I take it you follow the lotteries up here as well...

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5603 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2009, 9:45 am - IP Logged

RCBBuckeye, you live in Texas but you have Buckeye in your name-are you originally from Ohio? I take it you follow the lotteries up here as well...

I grew up in a rural area between Huron and Vermillion. Been in Tx 11 years.

I don't follow the lotteries too much up there. About 20 years ago I did win almost $1000 getting 5 of 6 on the lotto in Ohio. Can't remember if it was Classic Lotto or what it was called.

I really miss deer hunting up there. Here in Tx they think deer hunting is sitting in a blind over a feeder. Plus the deer down here are the size of a big German Shepherd. LOL. We do like it here though. Good state, good economy (relatively speaking).

Northern Ohio
          United States
          Member #63551
          August 1, 2008
          203 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2009, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

I grew up in a rural area between Huron and Vermillion. Been in Tx 11 years.

I don't follow the lotteries too much up there. About 20 years ago I did win almost $1000 getting 5 of 6 on the lotto in Ohio. Can't remember if it was Classic Lotto or what it was called.

I really miss deer hunting up there. Here in Tx they think deer hunting is sitting in a blind over a feeder. Plus the deer down here are the size of a big German Shepherd. LOL. We do like it here though. Good state, good economy (relatively speaking).

I grew up just to the east of where you grew up.

Classic Lotto is what this thread's about..and I think it was called something else way back when, but I forget.

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            williamsburg,ohio
            United States
            Member #71029
            February 17, 2009
            603 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2009, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I grew up just to the east of where you grew up.

Classic Lotto is what this thread's about..and I think it was called something else way back when, but I forget.

Did research on it back in the 80's was Ohio Lotto

Late 80's into 90's was Super Lotto

Then came Super Lotto Plus wish is like Mega Millions

They played them together like today with Classic and Mega Millons

and now its the Classic

"Don't Give Up.Don't Ever Give Up"

Jim Valvano ex N.C.State basketball coach Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2009, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

It is kinda weird. There have been 3 winners this year in Lotto Texas. 10mil, 11 mil, and 28 mil. I read in meeting transcripts that the commisioners are a little bummed that the jackpot keeps getting hit before it can get really big.

When Classic Lotto does get hit, it will probably be some weird combination of numbers on a QP. Or maybe birthday numbers. Who knows?????

When ever Classic Lotto does hit, there will be lots of players claiming the winning numbers looks like a combination they were going to play but they never thought it would hit.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #74411
                May 10, 2009
                71 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2009, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

When ever Classic Lotto does hit, there will be lots of players claiming the winning numbers looks like a combination they were going to play but they never thought it would hit.

Well, unless they have the winning ticket in hand then they can't claim anything.....lol!  No one won it tonight, now up to 27.3 million!  Smash

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2009, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Well, unless they have the winning ticket in hand then they can't claim anything.....lol!  No one won it tonight, now up to 27.3 million!  Smash

Rolling Cash5 with its $429K jackpot and odds of 1:576K may get some of Classic Lotto players attention.  It not often that a game's jackpot cash amount gets close to its odds of being won.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2009, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Now that RC5 was won, it won't be a distraction for the Classic Lotto players.  I managed to use all 49 numbers in 15 lines, I just hope I had more than two of the winning numbers in one line.  Good luck if you play.

Evil Looking       

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #74411
                      May 10, 2009
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Now that RC5 was won, it won't be a distraction for the Classic Lotto players.  I managed to use all 49 numbers in 15 lines, I just hope I had more than two of the winning numbers in one line.  Good luck if you play.

So how did you do RJ?  I played 5 lines and didn't even have 1 number!  LOL!  I thought it was a strange drawing to begin with - 4 of the numbers were in the 40's.  Well, no one won it again, so now it's up to 27.7 million!  I know the tickets are selling because the jackpot went up by $400,000 but I just can't believe that no one is winning it - just strange!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:28 am - IP Logged

So how did you do RJ?  I played 5 lines and didn't even have 1 number!  LOL!  I thought it was a strange drawing to begin with - 4 of the numbers were in the 40's.  Well, no one won it again, so now it's up to 27.7 million!  I know the tickets are selling because the jackpot went up by $400,000 but I just can't believe that no one is winning it - just strange!

I  had every winning number twice but only managed to get two of them on the same line three times.  From the size of the payout, I'm guessing a lot of players matched 3 or better.  It's easier to get a MegaMillion match 0+1 for $2 than it is to get a Classic Lotto match 3 for $2.

I never had a chance of coming up with that combination as I usually spread my numbers all over the place.

Evil Looking       

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #49980
                          February 21, 2007
                          34146 Posts
                          Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I live in Ohio I don't play that one much. I didn't notice that it was still going up. Have a great day!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                            Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34146 Posts
                            Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I live in Ohio tto!Hurray for the buckeyes!

Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #74411
                              May 10, 2009
                              71 Posts
                              Posted: June 21, 2009, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I  had every winning number twice but only managed to get two of them on the same line three times.  From the size of the payout, I'm guessing a lot of players matched 3 or better.  It's easier to get a MegaMillion match 0+1 for $2 than it is to get a Classic Lotto match 3 for $2.

I never had a chance of coming up with that combination as I usually spread my numbers all over the place.

Well, for 15 lines and you got 2 of the numbers on 3 separate lines is pretty good.  It's rare I can even get 2 numbers.  It's going to be interesting to see how long this goes on before someone wins it.