Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OMG ! I feel sick . . .

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LotteryGuy.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62741
July 7, 2008
601 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2009, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

This has happened in other games to me as well...it is sometimes good to sit back and take a break from all the games then re focus! Good luck C2

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2009, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Last night my wife and I wheeled a series of numbers, we were going to run down to the local c-store and make the purchase, we printed our numbers off, but got busy and before we knew it, it was late night.    We did not go.    This morning I woke up and while having my coffee I picked up the sheet of paper with our printed numbers on it and went to the Florida lottery website.   The third line down of our series of wheeled numbers was 5/5 of the Florida Fantasy 5 game. . .we had won!     I woke my wife up and told her, she felt sick also, now I'm depressed and just feel sick to my stomach.   

Have any of you guys ever done anything similiar?    We play 2 or 3 times a week (15 to 20 dollars at a time), but now I don't even feel like fooling with it anymore - I feel I've missed my chance, because of laziness and a TV show.   

Sad

Although I've never missed winning the jackpot by not playing, I have missed a chance of winning the 2nd prizes several times.  More often than not when I didn't play I saved the money I would have lost had I played.  I usually play a different set of combinations every time I play so I expect that will happen again. 

If you had a special set of combinations you played every time I suppose you might feel a little sick because once a set of numbers hit, they're not likely to repeat for a long time.  Just check any lottery that has been around for a while to see how many combinations ever repeated, you would be lucky to find five in 10 years.  Even W.Va Cash25 lottery which is a 6/25 game with less than 180,000 possible combinations and over 2800 drawings in almost 20 years have very few combinations of sixes to repeat. (A list of previous winners is a good list of what not to play)

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
      california
      United States
      Member #23475
      October 13, 2005
      659 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2009, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Yep. Been there, done that. Life goes on. You're smarter now and you learned one thing. The universe really does want you to win! So don't give up. Retreat and regroup! LOL

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2009, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Well stuff like that had happened to me before years ago, when i was like 21 or 22 years old like 3 times...But i never missed it and it was like a scratch i don't know if it was because i was young....But i really felt it like 3 1/2 years ago [even though this is different], but I was getting a disability from the military and i had just gotten 2,200 dollars a month every month for my disabiltiy here in Panama...For some reason i had to see a special doctor and explain to him my condition...and i did but the last question he asked me was what was i doing with the money and i told him the truth i told him that i was saving money to buy my mother a house what i didnt tell him  is that i was going to live in that house and that the house cost between 35K - 40,000 dollars...For some reason you are not allow to do that and they cut back my disability, now i am getting 900 dollars a month...It hurts, sometimes i think about it and it hurts, not physically but mentally...and sometimes it feels as though that doctor hurt me physicaly...If i was getting paid 2,200 a month i could had move in with my dad for 2 years and save the 2 years worth and have the house in 2 years....That's why i'll like to tell Americans if you are making 5,000 dollars a month in your job save 1,000 every month because you never know...

And the worse of this disability is that you can't get a job....And i can't pay a monthly bill to get the house because my disability is not something PERMANENT, anytime they can take it away from me...And you know what was my tactic and i would have felt very good had this happened...They should had let me get the 2,200 a month for 4 years and then after that if they felt they wanted to take it away from me they could had because i would had saved money to buy a house and live with my mother...worse case scenario, i would had had a house and get paid 900 dollars a month which is not bad...And what is shameful is that right now i just turn 32 and i live with my dad without a house...

but i am not too mad because had this not happened i wouldn't have come up with the ideas and systems that i thought about and have in my blogs...

This is why i want the lottery to pay people a monthly salary for life and not give them a lump sum...

But in a way it makes me feel like i am in the army and if you really look at it is like been in a slight army in combat...

anyways i hope you recover from this....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Alberta
          Canada
          Member #74821
          May 21, 2009
          1 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2009, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I always run a Lotto Club for the past 5 years and sometimes I get so frustrated with members that I have to stop for a while and take a break... so guess what... we would have won the Jackpot 4 times in the last 5 years! pretty darn frustrating but such is life or people, I guess... I put in a ridiculous amount of time studying lotto numbers but how do you convince people to stick is beyond me! and even if I told them that we will win, they don`t beleive and get bored... oh well, such is life,I guess... just have to keep trying,huh?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2009, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I always run a Lotto Club for the past 5 years and sometimes I get so frustrated with members that I have to stop for a while and take a break... so guess what... we would have won the Jackpot 4 times in the last 5 years! pretty darn frustrating but such is life or people, I guess... I put in a ridiculous amount of time studying lotto numbers but how do you convince people to stick is beyond me! and even if I told them that we will win, they don`t beleive and get bored... oh well, such is life,I guess... just have to keep trying,huh?

Lotto clubs are suppose to be a cheap way for individuals to participate in a lottery as a group.  If members got tired of paying then it must not have been cheap enough.  You shouldn't ask people to join that aren't willing to pay over a long period of time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sweetie7398's avatar - flower2
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #22702
              September 30, 2005
              3052 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2009, 7:02 am - IP Logged

I have missed out on the pick 5 in my state.  The date was Oct, 31, 2008.  I could have won the $500,000 jackpot.  The numbers that hit were ones I play on a regular basis.  I had taken my children to a Halloween carnival in our hometown and I being pressed fot time, I said to myself I'll play next time when it would not have taken but a minute to run my ticket.  Follow your first mind.

Life, love, family Love

exclipse5's avatar - balar crowned.png

United States
                Member #74643
                May 17, 2009
                7 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2009, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Just know you hit it once, keep doing what you have been doing and it will come around again.

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #74411
                  May 10, 2009
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2009, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

This has never happened to me but.....wow!  I would be sick to my stomach too!  Hang in there though and keep plugging along!  This didn't happen to a couple of friends of mine once a few years ago.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!