Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First Post, coupled with a sad story... :(

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2009, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Welcome...

OOOOHH, Ouch!  Sorry.........

Unhappy 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2009, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I've been reading posts on this forum for couple months now and i must say, the members on this forum are just awesome (thank you!)

I had to sign up and share this story as it is killing me right now.. lol

Today i went to my local supermarket Publix and purchased two $3 Florida Lotto Tickets which makes me eligible for the biggest prize; $28,000,000.

I just checked my lotto number and i got 5 of the 6 numbers correct on one of my ticket...   arrrgghhH!

The winning numbers were 3-15-19-24-37-51

My number: 13-15-19-24-37-51

it all came down to 3 and 13...

at first i won and i screamed... then i checked again and i was severely dissapointed at the 1 in the front of the 3.

sigh......

i guess i should be happy with $4,476.   Though $28mill would have been better. Today, I probably had the closest chance ill ever have to being a millionaire...

I WAS SOOOO CLOSE!!!! arghhh lol.  Crying

"today I went to my local supermarket"

"I checked my lotto number and I got 5 of the 6 numbers correct...."

today is Friday.  there is no Lotto on Friday.  that's a neat trick.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2009, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Hey DUKE2011,

Congrats on your win!

Years ago I hit 5 out of 6 numbers on CA Super Lotto(per my previous posts mentioning this it was Super Lotto not Ca Lotto) LOL I dug out my copy of my ticket last night.   Anyway.......

My numbers were 3-4-19-30-31-50

And the winning numbers were 3-19-30-31-34-50  (Jan 25 '97)

I had a 4 not 34

I was so excited even to get 5 of the numbers and my win was only $2055 LOL half of yours.

AND HAHAHA there's those consecutive numbers in my win.

After I moved to Chicago I read in the paper about a man who hit all 6 numbers on Super Lotto(may have already been changed to Super Lotto Plus) and all 5 numbers on Fantasy Five and he did this on the same day! Just goes to show...anything IS possible!

If your really determined to be a millionaire you'll get there...LOL that education has to be good for something.

Congrats again : )

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2009, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Is funny because if you was a "DUKE" a titled given to certain i think it was aristocratic or wealthy people in old times and if you was a duke in today's modern day, you would had won that the LOTTO or gotten many 5/6 as many times as you like...

In those times, Dukes were the equivalent of Today's Billionaires...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
          Member #58528
          February 18, 2008
          710 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2009, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

And yesterday was Thursday.He didn't say what state he is from,but I'm guessing he was playing in a state that has a lotto game that was played on Wednesday and he checked his ticket on Thursday.Not much of a trick there.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2009, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Is funny because if you was a "DUKE" a titled given to certain i think it was aristocratic or wealthy people in old times and if you was a duke in today's modern day, you would had won that the LOTTO or gotten many 5/6 as many times as you like...

In those times, Dukes were the equivalent of Today's Billionaires...

Which gave me an idea, something i think i said on LP couple of years ago...Since the community of Wealthy Individuals around the world "MIGHT" be growing, there needs to be a Powerball/Euromillions just tailor for them....Where the cost of each tickets might be who knows 10 dollars per ticket, 20 dollars each ticket or more and whose jackpot is way more than Powerball, something like once every week or every 10 days i don't know...Everyone can play it but its bases will be wealthy people....I say this because you are not necesarily on the same balance with someone who is wealthy you are not competing the same...Or a system that will keep wealthy people growing, and not dwindling....

Can you imagine if you are competing against a billionaire for Powerball...LOL...Anyways you look at it you come out losing...Anyways you look at it: women, house, fight, watch [lol], Powerball, stock market, school, even your wife you come out losing....Anyway you look at it you come out losing so i think wealthy people should compete among themselves...At least a special Powerball for them...

Can you imagine someone who has special needs competing against someone who has a networth of 400 million dollars FOR POWERBALL...Just the interest on 400 million is like 25 million EVERY DAM YEAR...LOL....I said this years ago but no one paid any attention...

so if i take 300,000 out of those 25 million each year, just 300,000 dollars on strategically tickets AND LAND IT on Powerball strategically, tell me what will happen...or 600,000 tickets what will happened? Does that special needs person has a chance? and remember those 25 million are just to waste.....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
              Member #58528
              February 18, 2008
              710 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2009, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Which gave me an idea, something i think i said on LP couple of years ago...Since the community of Wealthy Individuals around the world "MIGHT" be growing, there needs to be a Powerball/Euromillions just tailor for them....Where the cost of each tickets might be who knows 10 dollars per ticket, 20 dollars each ticket or more and whose jackpot is way more than Powerball, something like once every week or every 10 days i don't know...Everyone can play it but its bases will be wealthy people....I say this because you are not necesarily on the same balance with someone who is wealthy you are not competing the same...Or a system that will keep wealthy people growing, and not dwindling....

Can you imagine if you are competing against a billionaire for Powerball...LOL...Anyways you look at it you come out losing...Anyways you look at it: women, house, fight, watch [lol], Powerball, stock market, school, even your wife you come out losing....Anyway you look at it you come out losing so i think wealthy people should compete among themselves...At least a special Powerball for them...

Can you imagine someone who has special needs competing against someone who has a networth of 400 million dollars FOR POWERBALL...Just the interest on 400 million is like 25 million EVERY DAM YEAR...LOL....I said this years ago but no one paid any attention...

so if i take 300,000 out of those 25 million each year, just 300,000 dollars on strategically tickets AND LAND IT on Powerball strategically, tell me what will happen...or 600,000 tickets what will happened? Does that special needs person has a chance? and remember those 25 million are just to waste.....

"I said this years ago but no one paid any attention..."

Hmmm,imagine that!

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2009, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I've been reading posts on this forum for couple months now and i must say, the members on this forum are just awesome (thank you!)

I had to sign up and share this story as it is killing me right now.. lol

Today i went to my local supermarket Publix and purchased two $3 Florida Lotto Tickets which makes me eligible for the biggest prize; $28,000,000.

I just checked my lotto number and i got 5 of the 6 numbers correct on one of my ticket...   arrrgghhH!

The winning numbers were 3-15-19-24-37-51

My number: 13-15-19-24-37-51

it all came down to 3 and 13...

at first i won and i screamed... then i checked again and i was severely dissapointed at the 1 in the front of the 3.

sigh......

i guess i should be happy with $4,476.   Though $28mill would have been better. Today, I probably had the closest chance ill ever have to being a millionaire...

I WAS SOOOO CLOSE!!!! arghhh lol.  Crying

I hope you didn't buy the Publix Supermarket chain too. That can get quite expensive.

Big Grin

United States
                  Member #76341
                  June 25, 2009
                  6 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2009, 5:38 am - IP Logged

With a lot of people unemployed right now, my husband included, a win of $4,476.00 is a hugh blessing and you should be very grateful to receive it; no it wasn't $28MM however Winkyou are $4,476.00 richer than you were last week!!!--enjoy the win and keep on playing your numbers everday because you never know when they will hit!!Smile

thank you all for the encouragement.

i have a quick question. everyone here keeps talking about that "one" set of number that they play every week.

do you have to play the same set of number everytime?  i just get anywhere from 3 to 5 QP at a gas station (everytime i need to fill up my car).

shouldnt random numbers also do the trick?

United States
                    Member #76341
                    June 25, 2009
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2009, 5:44 am - IP Logged

na, its not a trick.

first of all, i wouldnt lie about how disspointed i am on a forum would i? rather i would probably brag about my winnings - not the other way around.

i just figured i would share my story with everyone here because it seems everyone has experienced some form of dissapointment by playing the lotto.

the FL Lotto has two drawings per week: Wednesday night and Saturday night.

I checked my number the night of the drawing (wednesday) and i went Publix and they told me that they couldnt award any prize winnings abouve $600. so i had to go to the local lottery hq.

you can accuse me of trickery all you want only if i make a statement that i hit the $28,000,000 jackpot lol.   :D

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2009, 8:31 am - IP Logged

i have a quick question. everyone here keeps talking about that "one" set of number that they play every week.

do you have to play the same set of number everytime?  i just get anywhere from 3 to 5 QP at a gas station (everytime i need to fill up my car).

Duke2011,you can play any sets of numbers you want.Some folks like to play what they consider to be lucky numbers,over & over.Others choose to play numbers that they wheeled themselves.Still others always play quick picks.Whichever way you pick the numbers is entirely up to you.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2009, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm playing the same numbers every day/week/month what seems like "forever" along with (1) or (2) OPs to even the odds  If you have a daily system of numbers you play every day or week, stick to it because as I stated before, you never know when they will hit!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!Banana

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                          West Side of Sunny Florida
                          United States
                          Member #55048
                          September 8, 2007
                          3371 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2009, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Dude- I am trying BOTH on NY Take 5, as most of the winners seem to come from QP's for Take 5.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

United States
                            Member #76341
                            June 25, 2009
                            6 Posts
                            Posted: June 27, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Dude- I am trying BOTH on NY Take 5, as most of the winners seem to come from QP's for Take 5.

ya im looking at some of the powerball winner story and lot of them seems to be simple QP from their local gas station.

whether they bought 100 set of lines or just 1, it seems most are QP.

hmm...

well i bought twenty $3 FL Lotto today.

figured ill put in $60 since i won earlier this week.

after this week though, i would go back to my usual $6 per drawing rule ($12 week).

wish me luck! :D

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                              Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #70678
                              February 8, 2009
                              889 Posts
                              Posted: June 27, 2009, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I NEVER play the same set of numbers "lucky numbers" birthdays etc. I ALWAYS play numbers based on what's been going on the past few draws.

Take a look at the numbers drawn in whatever game it is you play. Really look at them. Are they numbers you would have chose to play together? Are they all your favorites combined? Probably not.

I learned a long time ago NOT to play numbers just because I like them. Play numbers that have the best chance of hitting!

And think of it this way....if you don't play the same set....you won't be stressing out thinking if you don't play those numbers they're gonna hit.