Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First Post, coupled with a sad story... :(

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
HiFi's avatar - police

United States
Member #3792
February 21, 2004
198 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2009, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

i would be happy, i cant even match 3 out of 6.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2009, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Which gave me an idea, something i think i said on LP couple of years ago...Since the community of Wealthy Individuals around the world "MIGHT" be growing, there needs to be a Powerball/Euromillions just tailor for them....Where the cost of each tickets might be who knows 10 dollars per ticket, 20 dollars each ticket or more and whose jackpot is way more than Powerball, something like once every week or every 10 days i don't know...Everyone can play it but its bases will be wealthy people....I say this because you are not necesarily on the same balance with someone who is wealthy you are not competing the same...Or a system that will keep wealthy people growing, and not dwindling....

Can you imagine if you are competing against a billionaire for Powerball...LOL...Anyways you look at it you come out losing...Anyways you look at it: women, house, fight, watch [lol], Powerball, stock market, school, even your wife you come out losing....Anyway you look at it you come out losing so i think wealthy people should compete among themselves...At least a special Powerball for them...

Can you imagine someone who has special needs competing against someone who has a networth of 400 million dollars FOR POWERBALL...Just the interest on 400 million is like 25 million EVERY DAM YEAR...LOL....I said this years ago but no one paid any attention...

so if i take 300,000 out of those 25 million each year, just 300,000 dollars on strategically tickets AND LAND IT on Powerball strategically, tell me what will happen...or 600,000 tickets what will happened? Does that special needs person has a chance? and remember those 25 million are just to waste.....

People with that kind of money don't need to play the lottery when they can invest what they already have.

Anyway when it comes to the lottery it doesn't matter if your Bill Gates or a bum off the street...your ticket still needs to match all the numbers.

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2009, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I NEVER play the same set of numbers "lucky numbers" birthdays etc. I ALWAYS play numbers based on what's been going on the past few draws.

Take a look at the numbers drawn in whatever game it is you play. Really look at them. Are they numbers you would have chose to play together? Are they all your favorites combined? Probably not.

I learned a long time ago NOT to play numbers just because I like them. Play numbers that have the best chance of hitting!

And think of it this way....if you don't play the same set....you won't be stressing out thinking if you don't play those numbers they're gonna hit.

I always play the same set of numbers for Powerball.I always play quick picks for Mega Millions.I usually have the same results. I always read the predictions of the so called experts on this board,too.They don't seem to have any better luck than I do.So much for systems.I NEVER get stressed out that I don't win because I'm aware that the odds are against me.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2009, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I always play the same set of numbers for Powerball.I always play quick picks for Mega Millions.I usually have the same results. I always read the predictions of the so called experts on this board,too.They don't seem to have any better luck than I do.So much for systems.I NEVER get stressed out that I don't win because I'm aware that the odds are against me.

Hey MaddMike51,

The Lottery plays by its own rules and we all know anything is possible.

There's nothing wrong with playing the same set of numbers or even quick picks if that's how you choose to play. I don't believe there's any ONE method or system you need to win .

I don't buy quick picks (but believe me everyone I know does) because I just don't feel good about them and I would much rather choose my own numbers.

I don't read the predictions because I'm not interested in what other people are playing and the predictions don't tell you how they came up with those numbers. I do enjoy reading some of the threads that have occasional bits of information along with the predictions.

As far as systems...I don't own any lottery software so I can only guess as to how they work. I learned to do everything by pencil and paper and continue to do so. I look to see whats been going on in the past 5-10 games and then decide what type of numbers I'm looking for. I keep a hit and miss chart of the numbers and from this I choose what numbers I think have the best chance of hitting. Then I choose my combinations to play.....again based on what I think is going to happen and what the individual numbers have been doing. Many times numbers I like would make very poor choices(let alone to put them in a line together) I don't wheel my numbers.

Is my method any better than yours? LOL more than once I've spent the afternoon choosing numbers I'm just sure are gonna hit only to have none of them hit........... and then someone will hit all the numbers with a QP. HAHA the good old lottery.

I'm glad your not stressing out but I was referring to the people who play the same set of numbers and then feel they have to keep playing them for fear the one time they don't.....the numbers will hit. LOL I don't want to be married to a set of numbers.......I'm already married to my job : )

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #74411
          May 10, 2009
          71 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2009, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

You know, I had a similar experience last year playing the Rolling Cash 5 here in Ohio and I had 4 of the 5 numbers drawn and even though the winning wasn't as high as yours, I had to step back and think, you know, at least I won something.  Look at it this way.....it's 4K you didn't have before.  Just think, you only played 2 quick picks and wound up with over 4K, that's pretty good!  I know how you feel though.....P***ed

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2009, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

na, its not a trick.

first of all, i wouldnt lie about how disspointed i am on a forum would i? rather i would probably brag about my winnings - not the other way around.

i just figured i would share my story with everyone here because it seems everyone has experienced some form of dissapointment by playing the lotto.

the FL Lotto has two drawings per week: Wednesday night and Saturday night.

I checked my number the night of the drawing (wednesday) and i went Publix and they told me that they couldnt award any prize winnings abouve $600. so i had to go to the local lottery hq.

you can accuse me of trickery all you want only if i make a statement that i hit the $28,000,000 jackpot lol.   :D

Just teasing.  Congratulations on 4/6.   I've been playing in FL for 15 years and have only gotten 4 numbers.  Still, I realize it's very frustrating when you are that close to the big prize.  That's happened to me several times playing Fantasy 5.  At this point, I'll jump up and down if I get 3 numbers.  I've been on a long, long, long losing streak.

United States
              Member #76341
              June 25, 2009
              6 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2009, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Just teasing.  Congratulations on 4/6.   I've been playing in FL for 15 years and have only gotten 4 numbers.  Still, I realize it's very frustrating when you are that close to the big prize.  That's happened to me several times playing Fantasy 5.  At this point, I'll jump up and down if I get 3 numbers.  I've been on a long, long, long losing streak.

its ok. :D

i played 20 set of numbers (quickpick) for $3 florida lotto and i only hit 3 of 6 numbers for two tickets.   Dead got $5 back from $60 lol.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2009, 8:36 am - IP Logged

but if you look at it as how many other nubers could have been there isntead of the 13 or the 3. a whole other 30+ numbers.

you are still nearly 40 times as likely to be 1 number off than get all 6.

i once had a game that ea number was 1 off, untill i was shown its 64 times more likely to happen than win, i was upset to.

gratz on the win man, pay some  bills lol. or buy some silver.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297