Welcome Guest
You last visited July 27, 2017, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

man and woman who approached me with million dollar scratchoff

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BOB-TUNNELTON.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
texas
United States
Member #72549
March 21, 2009
141 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2009, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Previously I posted a thread about an encounter I had with an older man and woman who flagged me down wanting advice and assistance. They had just won a million on the 500,000,000 blockbuster ticket and had no idea about what to do next. They showed me the ticket, in which I verified that it was a winner. Today they saw me in the store and did not acknowledge with even a hello or a thank you. Just thought this was interesting. Is this what winning a lotto jack pot does to some people?

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2009, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Onece upon a Time there was this girl,  that would go to the store about the same time I did

2 or three times a week, just like me,  we got a little friendly, compared notes,

and were kinda lottery buddies,  (plus she was kinda cute)

Any way she hit 150 thousand on a scratch-off,   The clerks told me, because she kinda dissapeared after that.

She still to this day doesn't know that I know. (besides it's her secret)

but the one or two times I saw her in the store after that,   wasn't as warm as before.

Mabey they didn't recognize you, or all uniforms are the same to them or something.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      20097 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2009, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

It would to me because I've said "hello" to people I've met while buying lottery tickets and the next they saw them they thought they knew me well enough to ask for money.  I just hate saying "HELL NO" to people I don't even know.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2009, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Previously I posted a thread about an encounter I had with an older man and woman who flagged me down wanting advice and assistance. They had just won a million on the 500,000,000 blockbuster ticket and had no idea about what to do next. They showed me the ticket, in which I verified that it was a winner. Today they saw me in the store and did not acknowledge with even a hello or a thank you. Just thought this was interesting. Is this what winning a lotto jack pot does to some people?

Maybe they didn't recognize you or maybe they had other things on their mind. Who knows. You would have to ask them why they didn't acknowledge you.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #68398
          December 20, 2008
          81 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2009, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Anything can do anything to any person. I don't like carrots. It doesnt mean I have to puke whenever I see the color orange.

But I thought I had read this earlier post where you originally talked about this story...and I think I remember someone hinting it may have been a scam. Maybe they remembered your face and had a quick chat "Honey don't look it's that guy we thought about scamming. If we act like he's not there maybe he won't be on to us"  I dunno.  

But then again you did say the were older...maybe thier rememberer is broken (ie: they had a brain fart).

Maybe they didnt feel the need to say thank you or hello because they did so when you originally helped them and didnt feel like overdoing it. Do you remember them saying thank you or being grateful the first time?

Maybe they thought you wouldn't remember them so they thought why bother.

Maybe they just look strikingly similar to the people you helped and in fact really weren't them.

Maybe they're so rich they don't remember winning the amount, or perhaps it happens to them so frequently it's no big deal.

Could be a whole lot of different maybe-what-ifs.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10492 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

xandercage,

Yeah, I remember the original thread and that you didn't say you were an officer in uniform at first.

Now that you posted this what immediately comes to mind here is "no good deed goes unpunished"

Very loose interpertation of "unpunished" meaning all of a sudden they don't recognize you....

Or maybe they've just been approached way too many time already by those with not-so-good intentions.

(Same for the girl in x1kosmic's about her winning $150,000).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

unfortunetly that's the case...This is one of the many reasons why rich i dont want to be...i'll like to have 3 million not more than that...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                Member #4121
                March 23, 2004
                817 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

When I first read the topic, I thought to myself, possible scam.  I read in the newspaper a similar story.  A couple asked a man to help them claim a jackpot, in return they would share the winnings with him.  There was a catch.  The man has to withdraw a large sum of money from his bank account to make sure he would not run off with the winning ticket.  So the man filled with greed agreed.  Man gave the couple the money for safekeeping.  After the couple got the money, they changed the money bag with newspaper.  The couple told the man they had a short meeting to attend but would leave the money bag with the man.  After an hour  the man finally checks the money bag and finds a bag filled with newspaper.

Thankfully you didn't get scammed. 

texas
                  United States
                  Member #72549
                  March 21, 2009
                  141 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

its no scam. i know the store owner where the ticket was sold. the owner has signs posted every where about the million dollar winner. they were in the store again today buying more freakin lottery tickets. a simple thank you goes along way. i wouldnt take any money from them if they forced it in my pocket.

texas
                    United States
                    Member #72549
                    March 21, 2009
                    141 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

the store owner got 10,000 for selling the ticket. this is no scam guys at all. this is a classic example that money makes some go blind.

texas
                      United States
                      Member #72549
                      March 21, 2009
                      141 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

hell no to who? a cop who did his job? by helping someone who won the lotto not get scammed.

United States
                        Member #58528
                        February 18, 2008
                        710 Posts
                        Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Were you in uniform today when they saw you?Cops DO look different when out of uniform.

texas
                          United States
                          Member #72549
                          March 21, 2009
                          141 Posts
                          Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

yes in uniform at same place as before and nearly same time as before

texas
                            United States
                            Member #72549
                            March 21, 2009
                            141 Posts
                            Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

today the store clerk looked over at me and whispered hey thats the ones who won...i said yeah i know

United States
                              Member #58528
                              February 18, 2008
                              710 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

yes in uniform at same place as before and nearly same time as before

Yep,sounds like they are ignoring you.Maybe they figured you were going to ask for a handout.