Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

man and woman who approached me with million dollar scratchoff

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 7 years ago by BOB-TUNNELTON.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
texas
United States
Member #72549
March 21, 2009
141 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2009, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

my patrol partner

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2009, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I know i am veering off the subject a little but just wanted to say: I don't even think is worth having 100 or 200 million dollars or more...Because people just want you for your money and everyone wants to sue you...Best thing [to me] is use that money and go to other countries where the cost of living is low and use if for something good..to bad other countries don't speak english....

that was only 1 million dollars image now 40 or 70 million dollars...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2009, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

That the way people are when they win the lottery. I would have call them out. When they did'nt know what to

do they didn't mind approach you. My friend sister won 17 million in the GA lottery, and she complete change. The week

before winning he had work on her car and got hurt and couldn't work. she ask him what could she do for him, and the

wife said you can help us catch up on past due bills. She did offer a trip. Her boyfriend of 8 year who never wanted

to married her, want to get married .she married him. Did it last? No. judge order a payment from the GA LOTTERY

of 1.8 million to him. She has something young who is going to help her run out of money. If she had taken care of her brother

who help her when she didn't have money  to get her car fixed just maybe these things wouldn't have happen to her.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
        Member #4121
        March 23, 2004
        817 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2009, 8:41 am - IP Logged

That the way people are when they win the lottery. I would have call them out. When they did'nt know what to

do they didn't mind approach you. My friend sister won 17 million in the GA lottery, and she complete change. The week

before winning he had work on her car and got hurt and couldn't work. she ask him what could she do for him, and the

wife said you can help us catch up on past due bills. She did offer a trip. Her boyfriend of 8 year who never wanted

to married her, want to get married .she married him. Did it last? No. judge order a payment from the GA LOTTERY

of 1.8 million to him. She has something young who is going to help her run out of money. If she had taken care of her brother

who help her when she didn't have money  to get her car fixed just maybe these things wouldn't have happen to her.

Why did her ex-husband get that much? All assets before marrage are untouchable.  If she was smart she would of ask him to sign a prenup.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
          hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:47 am - IP Logged

I don't know why. It was on tv here in GA when the judge said 1.8 million and i will have the lottery to cut you a check.  Why didn't she get a prenup the woman never had that much money. She had a dead husband that left

her money she ran through all of that. After 8 years and he wouldn't married me once I got the money I wouldn't

have married him. Guess what his reason was for not married her those eight years were, She was to nasty of a house keeper. Do you really think that change it just after winning 17 million he could take it more.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I didn't want anything but a thank you. The point is where have the values in this country gone, thats my point, nothing more.

You said it all in your second sentence. The rudeness that abounds us in everyday life absolutely boggles the mind at times! Especially if you live in a big city. Sometimes the gratitude we expect to come back to us does but in a different way from an entirely different source. So be on the lookout! Thumbs Up 

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
              Member #48046
              December 7, 2006
              1699 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:59 am - IP Logged

they won a million dollars and they're still buying more tickets?  nice dog

Mabey xandercage,  has been placed to be their Gaurdian Angel  Blue Angel

They should be out picking out New Drapes and stuff for the house, or something.

You better watch those two.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                Clarksville
                United States
                Member #487
                July 15, 2002
                17638 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2009, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I just have 1 question?  Why does it matter?  If they never, ever in life recognize you again, are you going to miss any meals? Get put put out on the street? Lose your family? Lose your job?  If the answer to any or all of these questions is NO..forget it! Spend your time wisely.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

numbers369's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
                  louisville
                  United States
                  Member #68749
                  December 29, 2008
                  425 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2009, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I agree it sounds like your upset were they, oblagated to say hey i remember you. maybe you want a piece of the pie.

NUMBERS are like buses if you miss one... catch the next one "numbers369"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2009, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I think one of the problem people who win a million dollars have is people see them as millionaires rather than as someone who won a million dollar and after paying 30% federal taxes, 6-10% state taxes and in some cases 1-2% city or county taxes is someone who has just over a half million dollars which is a long way from being a millionaire.  They really can't afford to be as generous as those around them might expect.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2009, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I think one of the problem people who win a million dollars have is people see them as millionaires rather than as someone who won a million dollar and after paying 30% federal taxes, 6-10% state taxes and in some cases 1-2% city or county taxes is someone who has just over a half million dollars which is a long way from being a millionaire.  They really can't afford to be as generous as those around them might expect.

I wonder why people around them expect them to be generous with their money in the first place.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I wonder why people around them expect them to be generous with their money in the first place.

It's called Human nature and greed. Having a friend when they were just a Joe Shmo and then hitting some extra moola, brings out the old "Help a friend in need" syndrome in some folks. Every little issue dealing with finance problems becomes center stage spot lighted. The "Friend or family factor" plays an integral part.

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2009, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

BTW...xandercage never answered my question. Did they thank you the first time you validated the ticket?

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

It's called Human nature and greed. Having a friend when they were just a Joe Shmo and then hitting some extra moola, brings out the old "Help a friend in need" syndrome in some folks. Every little issue dealing with finance problems becomes center stage spot lighted. The "Friend or family factor" plays an integral part.

Back in CA I worked with a lady who used to tell me that she prayed for me to win the lottery sooo......if I won I had to buy her a new pick up truck! SAY WHAT????

"Human nature and greed" LOL and the fact we live in a material world doesn't help.

xandercage's avatar - eye storm.jpg
                              texas
                              United States
                              Member #72549
                              March 21, 2009
                              141 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2009, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

No they didn't thank me. This has been taken out of context entirely. My only point was that lottery can change a person for the worst. I get the true reward by serving Christ. God bless all who are bitter.