Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Would You Change About Your State Lottery?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:00 am - IP Logged

i live in tennessee and there are a few things i'd change about my state lottery.the first thing i would change is i would find a new lottery director as soon as possible.then i would go about changing the drawings and put them back to ball draws instead of RNG.next i would make the scratch offs worth buying here again because the last couple batches i've bought throughout the past year or two i maybe won once or twice and before 2007 it just seemed like the chances of winning were better.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:26 am - IP Logged

I would change the RNG to ball drawings and offer a Pick 4 game and a regular Pick 5 game.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Portland,Oregon
      United States
      Member #14387
      April 25, 2005
      229 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:29 am - IP Logged

I'd totally revamp Oregon Lottery! Yes definitely go back to ball drawings and have the jackpots increase faster- now they only go up $200,000 per unwon drawing ... takes a really long time for the jackpot to get high enough to be worth playing.  And I'd figure out how they could "shuffle" their scratch offs better ... seems like all the big winners end up in the same 2 or 3 counties over and over ... and redesign their web site!!! It is very difficult to find things on the site and the frequency charts are way behind in updating plus they only have drawing results back to 2007. 

Oh the things that I would do if I ran the Lottery Zoo Jester Laugh

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:33 am - IP Logged

All winners should have the right to remain anonymous!

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:53 am - IP Logged

I'd like the officials to keep the same ball containing tubes in the same position for every draw. And only change the tubes when they break down.

I'd like them to NOT do any pre-tests before the drawing.

Pick-3 and P-4 mostly.

I would be rich.

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2009, 1:59 am - IP Logged

i would also implement a rule that a lottery should have the right at any time to change back to ball draws if the RNG draws were bringing in less profit per day for that state lottery.

Entertaiment Capital
              United States
              Member #37800
              April 19, 2006
              302 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I would add a set-for-life lottery game for California. Smaller jackpot, but higher chance to win. I heard that doorman guy in NY won a such game. Well, $5,000 per week will become pretty meaningless after 15 years, but it sounds pretty good for people who can settle for a relatively smaller prize.

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:08 am - IP Logged

I would add a set-for-life lottery game for California. Smaller jackpot, but higher chance to win. I heard that doorman guy in NY won a such game. Well, $5,000 per week will become pretty meaningless after 15 years, but it sounds pretty good for people who can settle for a relatively smaller prize.

$5,000 a week will be meaningless in 15 years?

You definitely have a higher standard than I.....lol

Even if it's equivalent into the future is worth only 1/5 of it's value, it would still be a grand a week in today's standards. (conservative estimate)

I have no complaints whatsoever.....Banana

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8392 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:13 am - IP Logged
                  In Maryland i would like to see a match 5 game similar to lil lotto with daily increases in the pot if it's not won. Our bonus match 5 is a 50 grand top prize period.

I would also like to see the day that lottery winnings are TAX FREE.

Our state needs some scratch offs to benefit health care.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:16 am - IP Logged
                    In Maryland i would like to see a match 5 game similar to lil lotto with daily increases in the pot if it's not won. Our bonus match 5 is a 50 grand top prize period.

I would also like to see the day that lottery winnings are TAX FREE.

Our state needs some scratch offs to benefit health care.

those are some good ideas.have you gotten any of those ravens scratch offs yet?   hope we get the titans to do a scratch off here....

Entertaiment Capital
                      United States
                      Member #37800
                      April 19, 2006
                      302 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:21 am - IP Logged

$5,000 a week will be meaningless in 15 years?

You definitely have a higher standard than I.....lol

Even if it's equivalent into the future is worth only 1/5 of it's value, it would still be a grand a week in today's standards. (conservative estimate)

I have no complaints whatsoever.....Banana

OK, how about 20 years? Someone predicted that we will be facing a period of mega inflation soon.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:25 am - IP Logged

OK, how about 20 years? Someone predicted that we will be facing a period of mega inflation soon.

Anything is better than nothing. Always count your blessings.

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Actually, I'd like to  change the rules of EVERY state........  Just in case i decided to move...lol

Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8392 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2009, 2:35 am - IP Logged

those are some good ideas.have you gotten any of those ravens scratch offs yet?   hope we get the titans to do a scratch off here....

No i haven't and if i had anything to do about it there wouldn't be a sports scratch off for any sport here unless the proceeds went to the children or elderly.

Here the mega millions benefits the stadium authority we've been paying for the two stadiums now for a long time with taxes and proceeds from mega millions. If only the people here would wake up this state could get on the right track instead they keep voting in people who drive people out of Maryland. Our elected officials have not conception how to generate money for the state they only know how to raise taxes.

If it weren't for the lottery here this state would be flat broke. It's the second or third largest revenue generating venue for the state.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                              Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              Santa Ana
                              United States
                              Member #71159
                              February 20, 2009
                              651 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2009, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Since I live in CA I would change the lottery to have it outsourced and privately

run instead by the state; or hire a better PR company to advertise it; re-vamp all of the games every 3 months or so to generate more winners; if there were more winners for each of the games; you will have more players.