Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Would You Change About Your State Lottery?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2009, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I'd have the Illinois Little Lotto go back to a 5/30 game instead of the 5/39 that it is now, and the Lotto to go back to 6/49 instead of 6/52.

Looser scratchers would be nice, and regardless of the game some winners from outside of Chicago would be refreshing!

From what I've read about Massachusetts, I'd like to see all states use the Mass. Pick 3 and Pick 4 payout srtuctires.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
    Kentucky
    United States
    Member #35086
    March 12, 2006
    10374 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2009, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Mike.....this is a 5 star question and thread if I ever seen one.   Great  Question    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would change a lot with the Ky. Lottery

Their web site is laid out pretty well....so cant complain about that.....the numbers are seperated good and in red and kinda jump out at you.

But....... I dont like test draws.......but....if you are gonna have them......knock yourselve  out........but at  least  list and show them to the players.....some states do I  have heard.....Ky. does not....that is an unfair advantage to the players in my opinion.

Next thing.....Ky. should take the black bar from accross the screen during the TV evening  Pick  3  draw....all I see is a ball or two hop  up  here and there....and then it is a quick close  up shot of the three balls coming up in Pick  3.  Cant even see the complete hopper ( what  are they trying to hide ). Show the compete hopper and balls in a big room with all the balls hopping around (  do it  like Ohio does their drawing on TV )

These are the two main things that bug me about the Ky. drawings ( especially on the Pick  3 )

But a few more are.......it would be nice if people could play for 25 cent also......and adust the prize down for that, The world would beat a path to their door if they done that I bet.

Also......pay more for a straight....and for a box.......I know Ky. pays more than most states....but all Pick  3 games in all states are designed  against the player.

If they done that...they could compete much better with the off shore places...and most people would play in state........if it was as good a deal ( or even close )

So......Bet for a quarter.......pay more......do away with the test draws....or at least show the test draw results........and show everything out in the open.........complete hopper.......all the balls......and take that  dang black bar from accross the screen during the pick 3 drawing

I dont chase it....but go ahead and turn the 888 loose.....it has been out   for 5 years ( come this September 23rd. evening draw )  Locked out every draw.............imagine the money made on that one

The Ky player  plays and spends  his money in Good Faith........( as all players do in all states )....so then treat the player in good faith....and run a more Fair game .

But I got a feeling ...........it aint gonna happen   !!!!!!!!!!!!

Astekblue

United States
      Member #62741
      July 7, 2008
      601 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2009, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Mike.....this is a 5 star question and thread if I ever seen one.   Great  Question    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would change a lot with the Ky. Lottery

Their web site is laid out pretty well....so cant complain about that.....the numbers are seperated good and in red and kinda jump out at you.

But....... I dont like test draws.......but....if you are gonna have them......knock yourselve  out........but at  least  list and show them to the players.....some states do I  have heard.....Ky. does not....that is an unfair advantage to the players in my opinion.

Next thing.....Ky. should take the black bar from accross the screen during the TV evening  Pick  3  draw....all I see is a ball or two hop  up  here and there....and then it is a quick close  up shot of the three balls coming up in Pick  3.  Cant even see the complete hopper ( what  are they trying to hide ). Show the compete hopper and balls in a big room with all the balls hopping around (  do it  like Ohio does their drawing on TV )

These are the two main things that bug me about the Ky. drawings ( especially on the Pick  3 )

But a few more are.......it would be nice if people could play for 25 cent also......and adust the prize down for that, The world would beat a path to their door if they done that I bet.

Also......pay more for a straight....and for a box.......I know Ky. pays more than most states....but all Pick  3 games in all states are designed  against the player.

If they done that...they could compete much better with the off shore places...and most people would play in state........if it was as good a deal ( or even close )

So......Bet for a quarter.......pay more......do away with the test draws....or at least show the test draw results........and show everything out in the open.........complete hopper.......all the balls......and take that  dang black bar from accross the screen during the pick 3 drawing

I dont chase it....but go ahead and turn the 888 loose.....it has been out   for 5 years ( come this September 23rd. evening draw )  Locked out every draw.............imagine the money made on that one

The Ky player  plays and spends  his money in Good Faith........( as all players do in all states )....so then treat the player in good faith....and run a more Fair game .

But I got a feeling ...........it aint gonna happen   !!!!!!!!!!!!

Astekblue

uh you in KY have it made on cash 3 Tn sucks balls when it comes to cash 3 .repeat #s over and over and very very low payouts....Tn needs  to change everything about their lottery read up on all the problems b4 you post some dumbass comment.C2

United States
        Member #62741
        July 7, 2008
        601 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2009, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

WHY WOULD YOU PLAY for 25 cents when your trying to winn 600...500 in Tn ??? if you are a real cash 3 player you play str8 and combo end of discussion...C2

Espanola NM
          United States
          Member #72722
          March 25, 2009
          133 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2009, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I would suggest that the state make lottery winnings tax-exempt.   

I would also suggest they have 2nd chance drawings/raffles for the losers.   Gift-cards, gas cards, or something of consolation for a losing ticket.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2009, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

uh you in KY have it made on cash 3 Tn sucks balls when it comes to cash 3 .repeat #s over and over and very very low payouts....Tn needs  to change everything about their lottery read up on all the problems b4 you post some dumbass comment.C2

Copper2

Why dont you lighten up or take a hike Pal   !!!!!!!!!!

Ever time someone  posts anything about the  Ky. lottery pick 3 being hard to hit.........you always post something about how much  better we got it made here in Ky.

Mike started this thread to ask what each one would change about their state lottery if they could. The question was not about which state is worst or better than the next state.

Anyone knows the Tenn. lottery is a bummer.........I am not in the dark about that....I have read it many times........and I dont even think I would even play the Pick 3 down there because of that...if I lived there....even if it was the only game in town.

We have a lot of repeats here also..........and we miss by one all the time. But we still do have the ball drawings.....which is better than what you all have down there I am sure.  But that was not the question.

The 25 cent bet  would be good as it can be done on line is the point I was making......of course I try for the big straight hits  for a dollar also........and I play Straight/Box also.

Sure you all got it rough down there........but dont take your anger of the game down there out on me ever time I post  something about Ky. ( and try and compare )  I feel sorry for the Tenn players......and I wish they would change things down there..........and I agree, that at least we still have the ball drawings here.....and that is a big advantage over  what you all have to deal with in Tenn......but it aint no cake walk here to hit. If Ky, ever goes to computor drawing.......I would be done.

So  Copper2..........either be friends with me......as we are in this together.......and as our states join....maybe we can help each other out.  Either that.........or  quit busting in on my posts everytime I mention the Ky lottery.

I  make a better Friend....than I do an enemy....I assure you....and I would guess you are the same way

I know you have it rough down there.

Me.....I would rather be friends with a Tenn. Brother ........but I will leave that up to you

Astekblue

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5770 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

This is a very good topic LOTTOMIKE.

In Tx I'm pretty happy with what we have. They show the pre test results, even though I don't really care one way or the other about the pre tests. The web site is very good, tons of info. I really like the Texas 2 Step game.

The only thing I can think of is I don't like the Cash 5 game. The odds are 435,897 to 1 to win about 25K, sometimes even less and it's pari mutuel. I would replace it with a Quinto game like PA has. Better payoff with better odds.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2009, 12:18 am - IP Logged

This is a very good topic LOTTOMIKE.

In Tx I'm pretty happy with what we have. They show the pre test results, even though I don't really care one way or the other about the pre tests. The web site is very good, tons of info. I really like the Texas 2 Step game.

The only thing I can think of is I don't like the Cash 5 game. The odds are 435,897 to 1 to win about 25K, sometimes even less and it's pari mutuel. I would replace it with a Quinto game like PA has. Better payoff with better odds.

rcbbuckeye

Thanks for the info about the Texas games

Even though you mentioned you didnt care about the test draws either way........I was just wondering how many  pre  test draws  do  they have down there during a pick  3 draw  ????   And do they have a post test draw  also ?????

Thanks

Best   Wishes

Astekblue

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5770 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2009, 9:28 am - IP Logged

rcbbuckeye

Thanks for the info about the Texas games

Even though you mentioned you didnt care about the test draws either way........I was just wondering how many  pre  test draws  do  they have down there during a pick  3 draw  ????   And do they have a post test draw  also ?????

Thanks

Best   Wishes

Astekblue

Pick 3™ Day Pre-test Results

A pre-test is an unofficial drawing that tests the machine and the ball set used for the dayand night Pick 3 drawings. Pre-tests ensure that the drawing machine is working well and thatballs are drawn in a random way.

The Texas Lottery performs at least four pre-tests before every Pick 3 drawing. The Pick 3 drawing machine uses three separate ball sets – one for each of the three winningnumbers. Each of these three ball sets are tested in separate chambers of the Pick 3 drawing machine.

A Pick 3 ball set passes the pre-tests if the same ball from the same set is not drawn morethan four times. If any Pick 3 ball is drawn five times from the same ball set, that ball set is removed from themachine and replaced by an alternate ball set.

When a ball set does not pass the pre-tests, more pre-tests are performed to test thealternate ball set(s). These additional pre-tests are shown in RED .

Asterisks (*) mark the machine and ball set used for the drawing. In the case of adiscrepancy between the pre-test results listed on this Web Site and the official pre-test records,the official records prevail.
                  I copied the above from Texas Lottery website. You can go to the website and it will show the actual pretest numbers that were drawn.
                  What is interesting in Tx anyway is that there are a lot of repeat numbers from the previous drawing, sometimes day to night, night to day, and day to day, and night to night. One other tidbit is that the number 149 has NEVER hit day or night. There are several numbers that have not hit in the day, but there have not been as many day drawings as night.
                    Litebets27's avatar - power
                    Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #10465
                    January 14, 2005
                    6065 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2009, 9:50 am - IP Logged
                    In Maryland i would like to see a match 5 game similar to lil lotto with daily increases in the pot if it's not won. Our bonus match 5 is a 50 grand top prize period.

I would also like to see the day that lottery winnings are TAX FREE.

Our state needs some scratch offs to benefit health care.

I Agree!, ABSOLUTELY!!!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #35086
                      March 12, 2006
                      10374 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2009, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Pick 3™ Day Pre-test Results

A pre-test is an unofficial drawing that tests the machine and the ball set used for the dayand night Pick 3 drawings. Pre-tests ensure that the drawing machine is working well and thatballs are drawn in a random way.

The Texas Lottery performs at least four pre-tests before every Pick 3 drawing. The Pick 3 drawing machine uses three separate ball sets – one for each of the three winningnumbers. Each of these three ball sets are tested in separate chambers of the Pick 3 drawing machine.

A Pick 3 ball set passes the pre-tests if the same ball from the same set is not drawn morethan four times. If any Pick 3 ball is drawn five times from the same ball set, that ball set is removed from themachine and replaced by an alternate ball set.

When a ball set does not pass the pre-tests, more pre-tests are performed to test thealternate ball set(s). These additional pre-tests are shown in RED .

Asterisks (*) mark the machine and ball set used for the drawing. In the case of adiscrepancy between the pre-test results listed on this Web Site and the official pre-test records,the official records prevail.
                      I copied the above from Texas Lottery website. You can go to the website and it will show the actual pretest numbers that were drawn.
                      What is interesting in Tx anyway is that there are a lot of repeat numbers from the previous drawing, sometimes day to night, night to day, and day to day, and night to night. One other tidbit is that the number 149 has NEVER hit day or night. There are several numbers that have not hit in the day, but there have not been as many day drawings as night.

Thanks    rcbbuckeye

Appreciate you taking time to  give that great info.

I will check their web site out....sounds like a good web site.

Very interesting.

I wish all states done it just like Texas does

And I wish that the states that have the computor drawings would do away with them and go back to the  ball  drawings

Astekblue

United States
                        Member #62741
                        July 7, 2008
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2009, 10:46 am - IP Logged

maysville....hummmmm we stole chris lofton from Kentucky  is this why you are so upset?I dont need to be friends w/ some name on a bd......I have won more money than you will ever know!   I have a good # for you to play 666...out ! c2

Litebets27's avatar - power
                          Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #10465
                          January 14, 2005
                          6065 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2009, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Maryland lottery also run an animated horse race and Keno games which are computer generated. The computers that generate the games are very, very tight. If you sit and play the games daily, and for hours on end, you will notice that the the computers are programed to steer the winning numbers or horses away from the ones that you actually pick.

Oh yes, you can win. I have had a few big wins, but doing trail picks on the games over a half of this year, has lead me to this conclusion. TRY IT!

I want the MDLottery to loosen their computer programs!   LOL

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #35086
                            March 12, 2006
                            10374 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2009, 11:06 am - IP Logged

maysville....hummmmm we stole chris lofton from Kentucky  is this why you are so upset?I dont need to be friends w/ some name on a bd......I have won more money than you will ever know!   I have a good # for you to play 666...out ! c2

I figured that would  be your response  copper2

Yea......Maysville , Kentucky

Drop in anytime Pal

Astekblue

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                              Member #71120
                              February 19, 2009
                              1209 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2009, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Good question lottomike,I didnt realize you were from Tennessee,now I see why you dont go to pick 3 forum,it is only for a chosen few,they have run off everyone else,,,,the ones that they keep is the ones that give the numbers.They dont want friends,just numbers.And if I ever did figure out this Tennessee thing I wouldnt tell any of those folks.....As far as changing about our Lottery is all the things you already mentioned....