Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Schedule for "Lottery Changed My Life"

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 7 years ago by markp1950.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #79099
August 26, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2009, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I had no idea it had become a series. I wish I knew that so I could have set up my Tivo for it.

As for being incoginto, in the state of Pennsylvania, you cannot. I set the PA Lottery Commission an e-mail about it and they said that other players have the right to know that "real people" win the lottery.

In today's economy, I think it should be a choice. People are desperate for money and basic necessities, that they will do anything to make sure their family is fed and cared for. Being a lottery winner in these times can be dangerous.

I now have to purchase my tickets from the neighboring state of Delaware since you can hide your identity if you win.

I hope TLC will replay or start showing the new episodes on On Demand or on their website.

mrbg's avatar - NofVcy
    Nashville,TN
    United States
    Member #79101
    August 26, 2009
    10952 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2009, 12:00 am - IP Logged

There are currently six shows planned.  Likely first show is August 6, 13 and 20; then two or three week break, then successive weeks thereafter.

I just got done watchin it, It's very inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
      Katy, Tx
      United States
      Member #67709
      December 3, 2008
      204 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2009, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Here in Katy TX .TLC only showed one new one with the Texas winner whose wife had a stroke spending his money.!!

What a way to go!!!!   Bless her heart.  Hope she is doing better now that they are building that new Log Home.

That was a good show.

Hey, by the way does that wicca guy play poker??  lol AllGuitar

Joey

United States
        Member #75967
        June 15, 2009
        10 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2009, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

There will be one more show, Sept 9, for this season.  It will contain a story about the biggest money winner on the show so far.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2009, 7:06 am - IP Logged

Lurking

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2009, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Most of them were from California....???

Ouch!

You'll be proud to know that your fellow LP member will not be so stupid.  WHEN i win,  I plan to build my dream house which should cost no more than 400k.  Buy my dream car a Chrysler 300 c class which is around what 35K or something and get my husband his Charger which I think is around $26k.  After that I plan to give a bit to my family and the church  (completely anonymously!)  and bank the rest-- (not invest but simply put it in a  standard Cdars account where it will draw minimal  interest)  Why you ask? because I don't feel I need to grow 10 or 20 million,  I can live the rest of my life on that.

We don't care for traveling and I am not the jewelry type.  Give me a couple of nice  72 inch plasmas for the house and my needs will be met.

I still look forward to being able to adopt a family (or a few) at christmas.  Talk about anonymity!  Looking forward to the jackpot!

The good news is,  I already know how my family will react.  So I have no choice but to remain totally anonymous.  I will have to find a unique way to help them without giving away my secret.  Maybe I'll tell them I won some kind of sweepstakes when the prize is only aournd 100k or  something.Wink

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2009, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Most of them were from California....???

Ouch!

You'll be proud to know that your fellow LP member will not be so stupid.  WHEN i win,  I plan to build my dream house which should cost no more than 400k.  Buy my dream car a Chrysler 300 c class which is around what 35K or something and get my husband his Charger which I think is around $26k.  After that I plan to give a bit to my family and the church  (completely anonymously!)  and bank the rest-- (not invest but simply put it in a  standard Cdars account where it will draw minimal  interest)  Why you ask? because I don't feel I need to grow 10 or 20 million,  I can live the rest of my life on that.

We don't care for traveling and I am not the jewelry type.  Give me a couple of nice  72 inch plasmas for the house and my needs will be met.

I still look forward to being able to adopt a family (or a few) at christmas.  Talk about anonymity!  Looking forward to the jackpot!

The good news is,  I already know how my family will react.  So I have no choice but to remain totally anonymous.  I will have to find a unique way to help them without giving away my secret.  Maybe I'll tell them I won some kind of sweepstakes when the prize is only aournd 100k or  something.Wink

Skeptical @ your figgurings ........Green laugh

Katy, Tx
                United States
                Member #67709
                December 3, 2008
                204 Posts
                Posted: September 6, 2009, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Its September now...time is flying by.   I sure hope they have more imput of TLC and the MSNBC channel  I like to watch content winners.

Lots of Luck All LP Players.

Joey

Milwaukee, WI
                  United States
                  Member #3131
                  December 27, 2003
                  665 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2009, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Yep, Sep 9 is the last show for a while.

Probably the best thing about the show is to learn about what I don't want to do.

Maybe a nice Toyota Hybrid, and a reasonable house. If it's a big one maybe a quiet  ranch. A smaller one, maybe even an apartment...

1% for the person that sold me the ticket. 

And most of the money goes in my scottrade account where I can trade 5-10 times a day.

MarkP

Any town, USA
                    United States
                    Member #46729
                    September 25, 2006
                    112 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

If I won a big jackpot, and had enough money to spread around of course, I told my mom that I would buy her a house.  

But if I won a small jackpot, I will have to be very discreet, as I know how my family and friends would react.  I would either tell them I won a scratch-off, $2000 a week for 20 yrs (since it is such a small amount, hopefully nobody will ask for any handouts) or tell them that I work as a live-in assistant and buy myself a nice condo in the city (and let them know that I am not allowed to have company, so they can't mooch off of me) Wink

Katy, Tx
                      United States
                      Member #67709
                      December 3, 2008
                      204 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2009, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Tonights show was about a truck Driver and lottery winners with common sense.  But they say the same sentence about 5 times during one show.  They need to improve the M.C. on that show.

Joey

Milwaukee, WI
                        United States
                        Member #3131
                        December 27, 2003
                        665 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2009, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I won a dollar tonight. They they will have me on the show????

Hire a lawyer, and a tax advisor.

MarkP

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Yeah, tonight's was pretty upbeat, no horror stories.

They pointed out a few facts- Americans spend $57,000,000,000 a year on lotto was on of them.

They kept showing "Miracle Mile" in Fond du lac, WI , and all the winners that have been sold there. No doubt that's where the Lottery Fairy lives, now we know!

They showed a group of local winners that work in a place called Friar Tucks, and the waitresses are dresseed like monks.

Green laugh

One of the winners ($2 million) was a guy in Florida, who, despite winning a jackpot, still fixes everything with red duct tape.

This last eposide was the most upbeat of all. If you miseed it, try to catch it when it repeats.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2657 Posts
                            Posted: September 10, 2009, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Yeah, tonight's was pretty upbeat, no horror stories.

They pointed out a few facts- Americans spend $57,000,000,000 a year on lotto was on of them.

They kept showing "Miracle Mile" in Fond du lac, WI , and all the winners that have been sold there. No doubt that's where the Lottery Fairy lives, now we know!

They showed a group of local winners that work in a place called Friar Tucks, and the waitresses are dresseed like monks.

Green laugh

One of the winners ($2 million) was a guy in Florida, who, despite winning a jackpot, still fixes everything with red duct tape.

This last eposide was the most upbeat of all. If you miseed it, try to catch it when it repeats.

I Agree! I have to admit to being impressed by this last installment......

but what would've have made this episode even better is if they had began and or had closed with another WHAT NOT TO DO when one gets that lucky  Green laugh

Milwaukee, WI
                              United States
                              Member #3131
                              December 27, 2003
                              665 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2009, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

> They kept showing "Miracle Mile" in Fond du lac, WI , and all the winners that have been sold there.

I've bought tickets there, all along the mile, even at Ma and Pa's.

It didn't help, at least for me....

In case you want to go there!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=N43.764977+W88.44776&sll=43.764977,-88.447768&sspn=0.0016,0.005509&ie=UTF8&ll=43.764961,-88.447757&spn & =0.0016,0.005509&t=hz=18

MarkP