Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Close Calls

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2009, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

4 times this year on Wis Badger 5...

2 - 12 - 13 - 27 - 28

I got tonight

2 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 27

Missed $25,000 and getting $50  

1 number short AGAIN!

MarkP

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
    Member #6363
    August 20, 2004
    4054 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2009, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I got 5 out of 6 on a local game Wednesday. Closest I have ever gotten to being a millionaire. I used a computer pick.

Not sure how I feel about the big miss. Right now, I am just glad to have some extra money coming in.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

How much was the jackpot, and how much did you get?

Yes, I'm disappointed, but also grateful. 

MarkP

Not as if it's talent... :-)

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2009, 12:03 am - IP Logged

I got 5 out of 6 on a local game Wednesday. Closest I have ever gotten to being a millionaire. I used a computer pick.

Not sure how I feel about the big miss. Right now, I am just glad to have some extra money coming in.

I know it isn't as good as hitting the actual jackpot, but congrats Dead_Aim! How much does a 5 of 6 pay out?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2009, 12:05 am - IP Logged

4 times this year on Wis Badger 5...

2 - 12 - 13 - 27 - 28

I got tonight

2 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 27

Missed $25,000 and getting $50  

1 number short AGAIN!

MarkP

Congrats! Maybe you are getting closer to actually hitting it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
            Member #6363
            August 20, 2004
            4054 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2009, 3:35 am - IP Logged

I know it isn't as good as hitting the actual jackpot, but congrats Dead_Aim! How much does a 5 of 6 pay out?

Thank you TSC,

The payout was $829.00. Sad, I know... But it is $829 I did not have before.

The jackpot prize I missed was 1.2 million. The game had just been hit the week before.

I would have taken annuity with such a small jackpot, otherwise I will always take the lump sum.

I hope to find it is a decision I will have to make at some point in my lifetime. 

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2009, 4:11 am - IP Logged

OK, so is it WORSE to be off by one or two numbers or....

HAVE ALL THE NUMBERS BUT **NOT** PLAY THAT NIGHT??? Chair

its coming up on my one year anniversary of doing exactly that, and missing out on sharing $86,963.00 with the other winner, Oct 25, 2008 NY Take 5 

I had been playing that set of numbers for years.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Kennesaw, GA
                United States
                Member #62138
                June 18, 2008
                1413 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2009, 4:31 am - IP Logged

twice this year i missed the fantasy 5 by one number, and on one of the occassions i was the one who picked the numbers, missing out on a hundred grand plus, i dont care for the $120, i was more disappointed... i want the big prize, thats what we play for right!!!!

thor's avatar - thor
                  Deep in the Woods of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #68454
                  December 22, 2008
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2009, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

valid points to both sides, sometimes it's bad to miss by one digit and others winning 2nd or 3rd tier is good!

the "maddest" i've ever been was when i had the Cash 5 numbers on paper and didn't play them because there were two consecutive orders and the chances of that happening...that night it did and i lost about $25,000.

the numbers were: 12-13-14-24-25

oh well, as long as one keeps it fun and within budget, keep seeking the win.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

Milwaukee, WI
                    United States
                    Member #3131
                    December 27, 2003
                    665 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2009, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

> Congrats! Maybe you are getting closer to actually hitting it.

Doesn't work that way. These numbers just pop up when you win.  Usually luck turns bad after a win.  And sometimes luck looks bad before the win.

Wednesday I had a bunch of ticket in various games and only won $1 in Badger 5. 

My luck in Illinois has been bad lately, maybe it's a good sign.... :-)

I will always take the cash option.

$829 you will have to go to the lottery office, right?

Which means taxes. Except, find $829 in losers so the $829 will be tax free....

So you have the rest of the year to find a bunch of scratch offs.

MarkP

Monkey Butt, USA
                      United States
                      Member #54569
                      August 23, 2007
                      1124 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2009, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Bang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang Head

My close call came quite a few years ago when I used to work 3:00p.m to 11:30p.m. It was a Saturday evening and the TX Lotto jackpot was about $50 million. I had some numbers I wanted to play and forgot to get them before I went to work. When my lunch break rolled around I started to go purchase them but changed my mind. Someone won the jackpot that night and a few days later I picked up a results slip to see if any of my numbers would've hit. When I got home I found my list of numbers I was going to play that Sat. night. I checked the numbers and afterward went to the bathroom to vomit for 20 minutes. Why? Because one of my number combinations had all six of the winning numbers I was supposed to play that night. Had I went and purchased the numbers during my lunch break that evening I would've been one of the winners for that jackpot.

Of course I've not purchased another TX Lotto ticket since. I play the Cash 5--TX 2-Step--Pick 3--Pick 4--Mega Million but no TX Lotto. I've been studying the game and am seriously thinking of playing the TX Lotto again.  It took me 6 weeks to stop kicking myself and calling myself every kind of dumb butt. I must admit that it was one heck of a weight loss program.

Bang Head  Bang HeadBang HeadBang Head

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2009, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Close calls are aggravating to the point of being nerve wracking. The number that didn't hit is "worth its weight in gold, times millions", literally.

For the most part, the lower prizes are insults. The best deal is the $1,000,000 for PB for 5 + 0, if you played the mulitplier.  $250,000 for 5 + 0 on MM isn't so hot, .0208% of the starting jackpot of $12,000,000 and never progresses.

As for Pick 6, here's an example from Illinois:

LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2009

WINNING NUMBERS: 07 - 20 - 21 - 23 - 36 - 50

PLAYERS MATCHING 6 OF 6 NUMBERS
                        INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 0
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $0.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 6 NUMBERS 18
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $940.50

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 6 NUMBERS 832
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $37.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 6 NUMBERS 17,940
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $3.00

THE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2009 IS $2,250,000

(3 of 6 is always $3). So as you can see, 5 of 6 is relative chump change and 4 of 6 amounts to , "Thanks for playing, sucker." And the above was on a night no one hit the jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          Santa Ana
                          United States
                          Member #71159
                          February 20, 2009
                          651 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2009, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

For several weeks now, I've come close to winning on Daily Derby Lotto Game-CA Lottery but due to my budget, I only play it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday because it costs $2.00 per play and if I play it all week, it would cut into my other lotto games.  So far my timing on the hitting my chosen numbers is terrible and I've missed winning on last Thursday, $554.00, winning only $3.00.  This also has happened with QPs as well. SO <snip> FRUSTRATINGAngry--It's enough to want to bang your head against the friggin wallBash  All I know is that I am due to make-up what I did not win in those (3) small jackpots by either winning the BIG GIANT-DAILY DERBY, MEGA MILLIONS, SUPER LOTTO, FANTASY 5 JACKPOTSHurray!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP FAMILY AND KEEP ON TRUCKING AND PLAYING THE LOTTERYParty

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

thor's avatar - thor
                            Deep in the Woods of Texas
                            United States
                            Member #68454
                            December 22, 2008
                            328 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2009, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Bang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang Head

My close call came quite a few years ago when I used to work 3:00p.m to 11:30p.m. It was a Saturday evening and the TX Lotto jackpot was about $50 million. I had some numbers I wanted to play and forgot to get them before I went to work. When my lunch break rolled around I started to go purchase them but changed my mind. Someone won the jackpot that night and a few days later I picked up a results slip to see if any of my numbers would've hit. When I got home I found my list of numbers I was going to play that Sat. night. I checked the numbers and afterward went to the bathroom to vomit for 20 minutes. Why? Because one of my number combinations had all six of the winning numbers I was supposed to play that night. Had I went and purchased the numbers during my lunch break that evening I would've been one of the winners for that jackpot.

Of course I've not purchased another TX Lotto ticket since. I play the Cash 5--TX 2-Step--Pick 3--Pick 4--Mega Million but no TX Lotto. I've been studying the game and am seriously thinking of playing the TX Lotto again.  It took me 6 weeks to stop kicking myself and calling myself every kind of dumb butt. I must admit that it was one heck of a weight loss program.

Bang Head  Bang HeadBang HeadBang Head

the cash 5 and two step are the games to play with the proper system to trap the numbers.

gl!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

Monkey Butt, USA
                              United States
                              Member #54569
                              August 23, 2007
                              1124 Posts
                              Posted: September 13, 2009, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

the cash 5 and two step are the games to play with the proper system to trap the numbers.

gl!

True-True. But in the instance I gave before I had all 6 of the numbers but I did not go purchase them. I had 20 combinations and I didn't go purchase them like my first mind told me to. Which in turn means I jacked myself out of half of a jackpot by not going to the store during my lunch break.

What you say about the cash 5 is very true. The odds are very low and the payout is great even with 2/5.