Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Close Calls

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
thor's avatar - thor
Deep in the Woods of Texas
United States
Member #68454
December 22, 2008
328 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2009, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

True-True. But in the instance I gave before I had all 6 of the numbers but I did not go purchase them. I had 20 combinations and I didn't go purchase them like my first mind told me to. Which in turn means I jacked myself out of half of a jackpot by not going to the store during my lunch break.

What you say about the cash 5 is very true. The odds are very low and the payout is great even with 2/5.

yes, i agree.

i don't mind an extra 20k....i've had that missed jackpot as stated above, but have hit a lot of 3 of 5 and missed a few 4 of 5 because of my wheeling. the numbers were there in my workout, just didn't wheel them right.

so, we'll keep them coming....Thumbs Up

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2009, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Bang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang HeadBang Head

My close call came quite a few years ago when I used to work 3:00p.m to 11:30p.m. It was a Saturday evening and the TX Lotto jackpot was about $50 million. I had some numbers I wanted to play and forgot to get them before I went to work. When my lunch break rolled around I started to go purchase them but changed my mind. Someone won the jackpot that night and a few days later I picked up a results slip to see if any of my numbers would've hit. When I got home I found my list of numbers I was going to play that Sat. night. I checked the numbers and afterward went to the bathroom to vomit for 20 minutes. Why? Because one of my number combinations had all six of the winning numbers I was supposed to play that night. Had I went and purchased the numbers during my lunch break that evening I would've been one of the winners for that jackpot.

Of course I've not purchased another TX Lotto ticket since. I play the Cash 5--TX 2-Step--Pick 3--Pick 4--Mega Million but no TX Lotto. I've been studying the game and am seriously thinking of playing the TX Lotto again.  It took me 6 weeks to stop kicking myself and calling myself every kind of dumb butt. I must admit that it was one heck of a weight loss program.

Bang Head  Bang HeadBang HeadBang Head

that hurts!Thud

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Georgia
      United States
      Member #79361
      August 30, 2009
      93 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Here is my close call.

Yesterday I had a close call.

I had the day before I matched 2 on Fantasy five.

My free ticket is a Quick pick.  I played that first in case

the quick pick was the same as the numbers I was going

to play. (What are the odds of that?)

The numbers were what I was going to play except that the 5

(I was going to play 3) and the 23 (I was going to play 22).

In today's drawing the numbers are 03- 08- 23- 36- 37

I should have played another with the 3 then I would have matched

3 and got $10.  I did get another free ticket.

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2009, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

At work we had a game where everybody picked 10 numbers, and everybody would throw in money.

When the drawing would come up, you if the numbers came up you would scratch off your number.

Whoever got all 10 numbers scratched off would get the money.

Well I did win $600 on that deal. But I compared my 10 numbers against 10 of somebody elses numbers we had 9 of 10  numbers matched between our numbers.

Now what are the odds of that????

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2009, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy anytime I win anything. If I miss the big one I figure it just wasn't meant to be.

The close calls that bother me are when I constantly on a daily basis miss the pick 3 or 4 by one digit.

Did I mention Constantly?

I hope I didn't jinx myself now.

I take that back.

The constantly thing.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke