Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time to post my PB logic:

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 7 years ago by scorpio.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2009, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Here is part of how *I* track numbers, it's all AGE based and has ZERO to do with the actual number.

(DISCLAIMER- this is all based on a ballset of 55 white balls, not the current 59 ballset)

Let's start by taking a set of numbers from the last game:

1-21-23-30-43 and PB11

If you track this (and EVERY) subsequent set of numbers chronologically, you will notice that TYPICALLY one of those five whiteballs will be hit in the next three to five games.

That leaves you with four numbers left.

One of those remaining four will then be hit within the NEXT four to five games

For the sake of argument that puts you ten games down the road with three remaining numbers.

One of those three will be hit usually within the next seven games (usually the next 4 to 5 games really).

That leaves us with two numbers to choose from, and if those two remaining numbers make it to 22 games without being hit, you must play one of them, as with my tracking of this, one of those two numbers will get hit in the next four to five games. In two years of tracking this only twice has two numbers fallen past 30 games without getting hit, and even at that, one of those two will get hit in the next three to four games.

--------------------------------

The next question is when starting this, with five to choose from, which one do I play?

The answer is in my history, usually NOT the same one that hit prior, and by that I mean the fifth number in the ballset is 43, we don't care that it is number 43, all we care about is that it is the FIFTH number in the set. There has been a tendency for the FIFTH number to hit maybe twice in a row, but usually not three times. An I just picked the Fifth number as an example, it could be the first, second, third or fourth number.

If the first number in a row of five hits, then the next time you have five numbers, do NOT pick the first one to repeat, and so on.

The next thing is half the time a number won't repeat in the same position, so do question if you want your second number chosen to be #21 - chances are better that the next time #21 is hit it won't be the second number chosen, it will probably be the third number. This is the same for all numbers between about 12 and 48.

IMO far too much emphasis is put on the NUMBER and NONE is put on the POSITION.

It is too easy to fall in love with 'favorite' numbers, that's a big mistake. Sure, your favorite number will hit once in awhile, but they ALL do, ALL numbers hit in streaks, I've seen numbers hit three times in five games and then go 30 games until the next hit, and then 20 games until the next hit after that. It happens. It's called randomness, and EVERY number has gone thru it.

----------------------------------

I have discussed my theories with folks offline, and some 'prominent' folks on here, some have said I'm Full Of S*** - and I have proved myself right every time. These folks won't even acknowledge I was right. Oh well, life goes on.

Now, the problem is, there are a lot of variables here, a lot to choose from even when narrowing down by 'age', so it still comes back to randomness and luck. I have hit 4x5 twelve times using my theory (and a few others) above, but quite frankly I don't have 8 hours a week to spend on it, and I have nothing for selecting the Powerball.

Anyway, my point is, you don't want to pick ALL of your numbers from a pool that have hit in the last 2-3 games, and you don't want to pick ALL longshots, and you don't want to pick ALL of your numbers from the same rough 'age' area, ie all five numbers from 7-8-9 games ago as an example.

So maybe you folks can take my info and run with it, a 5x5 is 200K, go for it.

Lurking Some good stuff here, guesser. Better than you might imagine.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
    Member #77662
    July 29, 2009
    60 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

guesser is right about people usually don't put emphasis on position, and that's what i'm trying to get my program to do!  also, a good hint is to track numbers that follows the powerball number!   like let's say 2 4 6 8 19 +31!  i would go into the history and see what numbers followed that powerball number, and eliminate from those groups, to pick my favorite number!  it's just a thought

United States
      Member #77662
      July 29, 2009
      60 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2009, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Here is part of how *I* track numbers, it's all AGE based and has ZERO to do with the actual number.

(DISCLAIMER- this is all based on a ballset of 55 white balls, not the current 59 ballset)

Let's start by taking a set of numbers from the last game:

1-21-23-30-43 and PB11

If you track this (and EVERY) subsequent set of numbers chronologically, you will notice that TYPICALLY one of those five whiteballs will be hit in the next three to five games.

That leaves you with four numbers left.

One of those remaining four will then be hit within the NEXT four to five games

For the sake of argument that puts you ten games down the road with three remaining numbers.

One of those three will be hit usually within the next seven games (usually the next 4 to 5 games really).

That leaves us with two numbers to choose from, and if those two remaining numbers make it to 22 games without being hit, you must play one of them, as with my tracking of this, one of those two numbers will get hit in the next four to five games. In two years of tracking this only twice has two numbers fallen past 30 games without getting hit, and even at that, one of those two will get hit in the next three to four games.

--------------------------------

The next question is when starting this, with five to choose from, which one do I play?

The answer is in my history, usually NOT the same one that hit prior, and by that I mean the fifth number in the ballset is 43, we don't care that it is number 43, all we care about is that it is the FIFTH number in the set. There has been a tendency for the FIFTH number to hit maybe twice in a row, but usually not three times. An I just picked the Fifth number as an example, it could be the first, second, third or fourth number.

If the first number in a row of five hits, then the next time you have five numbers, do NOT pick the first one to repeat, and so on.

The next thing is half the time a number won't repeat in the same position, so do question if you want your second number chosen to be #21 - chances are better that the next time #21 is hit it won't be the second number chosen, it will probably be the third number. This is the same for all numbers between about 12 and 48.

IMO far too much emphasis is put on the NUMBER and NONE is put on the POSITION.

It is too easy to fall in love with 'favorite' numbers, that's a big mistake. Sure, your favorite number will hit once in awhile, but they ALL do, ALL numbers hit in streaks, I've seen numbers hit three times in five games and then go 30 games until the next hit, and then 20 games until the next hit after that. It happens. It's called randomness, and EVERY number has gone thru it.

----------------------------------

I have discussed my theories with folks offline, and some 'prominent' folks on here, some have said I'm Full Of S*** - and I have proved myself right every time. These folks won't even acknowledge I was right. Oh well, life goes on.

Now, the problem is, there are a lot of variables here, a lot to choose from even when narrowing down by 'age', so it still comes back to randomness and luck. I have hit 4x5 twelve times using my theory (and a few others) above, but quite frankly I don't have 8 hours a week to spend on it, and I have nothing for selecting the Powerball.

Anyway, my point is, you don't want to pick ALL of your numbers from a pool that have hit in the last 2-3 games, and you don't want to pick ALL longshots, and you don't want to pick ALL of your numbers from the same rough 'age' area, ie all five numbers from 7-8-9 games ago as an example.

So maybe you folks can take my info and run with it, a 5x5 is 200K, go for it.

also, guesser, i was studying your method, and the odds substantially improve, if you consider reversals of a number, like let's say number 42-10-31-40-41,  i would consider the reversal of 31 which is 13 to see if the age of number 31 have expire, ie, 13 could have hit 3 games down the road, therefore i would not choose 31 as a number because it had expired as the number 13!  if i'm making any sense!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2009, 9:52 am - IP Logged

For the MegaMillions game there are 175,711,536 possible combinations.  How do you figure when most times less than a third that many tickets are sold for a drawing that if the game was truly random there should be 10-20 winners once in a while? 

When PowerBall had a bunch of 5+0 winners a few years ago, they knew it wasn't normal and an investigation revealed many of the winners got their numbers from fortune cookies with the same message.

In another thread someone refer to that PowerBall story about future cookies and gave this link.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/112702

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
          Member #28409
          December 15, 2005
          1198 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2009, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Do you really think they (Mr. Wong's workers) put the numbers in a bowl and picked them?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2009, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Do you really think they (Mr. Wong's workers) put the numbers in a bowl and picked them?

No, they didn't have to.  Up until the PB investigation all the messages had the same numbers and that's is the reason there were so many people playing the same numbers.  Afterward the company invested in a machine the printed different numbers randomly in those messages.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #9579
              December 12, 2004
              2121 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2009, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

i would imagine the pb states lotteries would have an easier time just sending in the numbers from their state that no one has picked for that drawing,fifteen minutes beforehand.that way no one wins 3 bucks.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2009, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

i would imagine the pb states lotteries would have an easier time just sending in the numbers from their state that no one has picked for that drawing,fifteen minutes beforehand.that way no one wins 3 bucks.

Did you check USAMega results for Saturday PowerBall winners?  Of the 517,720 winners 303,691 matched 0+1 for $3 and over 60,000 of those winners had powerplay, so there were plenty of $3 winners and the jackpot wasn't that high.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #9579
                  December 12, 2004
                  2121 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2009, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

yes,but you don't state the total number of tickets sold?

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2009, 2:14 am - IP Logged

i think each state has to send in numbers purchased before a certain time before drawing.that way they can eliminate those numbers if too many people are playing,so the states don't have to subtract all those winnings from their states lottery take.

How do I say this?   Oh yeah - YOU ARE WRONG.

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2009, 2:16 am - IP Logged

ok,so that'swhy this state has never won the pb drawing.i thought it was just because it has a small population,and not centered like pennsylvania,who wins a lot.

You REALLY need to go do some research before you make unfounded accusations like you did.

And when you do that - IF you do that - you will notice some things, like states' hit are hot-and-cold, PA will win a couple of times, then not hit for 3-4 years, and so on. Check it out.

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2009, 2:26 am - IP Logged

BENMAS, Time*Treat - I know it's good stuff, but as you said, you have to play consistently and be PATIENT. I was using this theory 2-3 years ago and hit 11 pick-4's, (meaning 4x5 in PB, and forget the red ball).   5x5 paid 200,000 and I was one number away in those 11 games, meaning I HAD the 5th number in my pool in 2 of those 11 games, but I would not pay the extra couple of bucks to play THAT number. Hindsight...

The WORST thing a person can possibly do is come close to winning, because they run right out and spend about 50 times more on games. I know because I did exactly that about 18 years ago - the first time I ever played PB I played 5 games and hit 3x5 on 3 of the games, and 2x5 in another. It paid practically nothing, but the next day I went out and spent about $150 on tickets for the next drawing and won.... ZIP.   That learned me right then and there.

There are more things to consider, such as odd/even number mix, but also the number of pairs from one group, and WHICH group.

What I posted is only scratching the surface of what I know, but I also keep in my mind just exactly what the odds are - folks DO go broke playing this game. The odds of you getting hit by lighning three times in one year are better than winning the jackpot. Not everybody uses common sense.

I have not looked at or researched ANYTHING since the matrix change this year, so I cannot claim my theory is sound TODAY, I hoped by posting it others out here will take it and run with it.

I do have an excel spreadsheet I will send to anyone that wants it, then you might see other things of note.

United States
                          Member #9579
                          December 12, 2004
                          2121 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2009, 9:46 am - IP Logged

how can i say this,oh yeah,you probably will not win,even 3 out of 5!

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                            Member #48046
                            December 7, 2006
                            1699 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2009, 11:37 am - IP Logged

In case anyone is genuinely  intrested

I backtracked from the latest draw,   the 5 white balls

27/  hit 26 draws back,  all numbers that were with it, have hit,  except 58  (58 still availible)

35/  hit 25 draws back,  all numbers that were with it, have hit,  except 13  ( 13 still available)

9/   hit 19 draws back,     22   41  44  still available from that draw

57/ hit 16 draws back,    all numbers with it, have hit,   (none available)

16/ hit 14 draws back,   all numbers with it,  have hit except  22,  (22 still available)

so....  58   13    22   41   44   and 22   are still available

........mmmmmm   22  available twice    Cool

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                              Member #48046
                              December 7, 2006
                              1699 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2009, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

my fault, 22 hit with 9 so it can't be available twice

......but still available  from the 16

the above was just a starting point,

so .......58   13   22     41   44  still available from latest draw

and after tonight's draw  I would back track each number,

and see what hit, and what didn't,  (from each number),

and add more available numbers.

kinda like shopping,,      whats still available after the close-out sale.  (draw)