Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time to post my PB logic:

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 7 years ago by scorpio.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19898 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2009, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

then why do some states win more then others?pb.

Someone explained and posted figures in another thread that showed that states that bought more tickets won more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #9579
    December 12, 2004
    2121 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2009, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

why,i thought it was random?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19898 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2009, 11:52 am - IP Logged

why,i thought it was random?

Regardless of the randomness of the results they only apply to the people buying tickets and the largest group of people buying tickets are favored by the results.  To believe that every group, state or what ever should have the same results regardless of size or number of tickets sold doesn't make sense.

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #9579
        December 12, 2004
        2121 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2009, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

ok,ny should win a lot then.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2009, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

ok,ny should win a lot then.

I thought you were talking about PowerBall states, New York is a MegaMillions state but if it starts selling both games, NY will probably get a fair share of the PB winnings too.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #9579
            December 12, 2004
            2121 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2009, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

that was just a comparison.i,ve bought many tickets in ny,thruway,staten island and never won much!

United States
              Member #9579
              December 12, 2004
              2121 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2009, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

i just don't think they should have control over the wins in high population areas,and then say it's random.

benmas's avatar - waveform
                Rhode Island
                United States
                Member #56010
                October 28, 2007
                434 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2009, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Benmas, what you said is true, but by the same token, you CAN narrow down the odds, but as I've said before a zillion times, using logic to get you 2 or 3 numbers won't do you any good, as we both have said repeatedly, you need all 6.

I AM convinced the lottery sends crappy quick-pick numbers to certain states at certain times based on IP addresses at the terminals, no matter what anyone says.

Yes, it is random, but you can control an awful lot when, at certain times, a person gets a set of numbers like 48-49-52-54-56 pb 1, when at other times a few months later you get a much more 'normal' set like 7-18-31-33-48 pb 24.

Has anyone else noticed getting a consistent batch of really bad draws?

it has happened to me but i attribute it to the randmoness of picks not the lottery sending crappy picks. when i have purchased a $5 qp one line had small balls (smth like 1 6 8 12 15 but other 4 lines were reasonable tho) but thats the way it is. we as players do have the option to make own picks so i am not complaining about that.

as far as narrowing the odds, what i beleive is that one can predict a few general trends (like predicting next draw will have all odd balls and picking all odd numbers on every line in your ticket)...we all know that at one point in time that will happen...the point i am trying to make is that i personally cannot make consistent predictions...i will be wrong the majority of tries due to the random nature of this thing...so narrowing down does not come true all the time...but it might help a few times..hey it only needs to happen once...

the only bad thing one can do to themselves is to feel like they are entitled to win, overspend on lotto and lose money...

play within your means, dont expect to win cause its not likely to happen...

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  51064 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2009, 10:34 am - IP Logged

i just don't think they should have control over the wins in high population areas,and then say it's random.

Who is they?

The Law of Probabilities determines the outcome: More Tickets are Sold in High Population Areas, so it's more likely that someone will Win in that Area, but Everyone that Buys a Ticket has an Equal Chance of Winning.

This is Gambling: You're Betting $1 that You'll have that one Combination out of more than a Hundred-Million: Staggering ODDS!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                    Member #9579
                    December 12, 2004
                    2121 Posts
                    Posted: October 30, 2009, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

ok,been away,just got back from a week in atlantic city.nothing to do now but lottery.