Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How close were you in the Lottery today?

Topic closed. 89 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2009, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I just read it, and I was wondering where did you get the numbers from????????????? Is that your your system or what!

It's a 2 if 3 of 10 digit abbreviated wheel I put together using Cover Master. The digits are not placed in any particular order and the mathematical affect is that at least one of the ten combos produced will match 2 digits in any pick-3 drawing that uses 10 digits when singles (3 different digits) are drawn. Abbreviated wheels are generally used for pick-5 and pick-6 where the wheel guarantees secondary prizes; there is no prize for matching 2 digits in pick-3 games unless it's played that way like in front pair, back pair, outside pair, or boxing 2 digits with all the other digits.

Before PCs became a common household item, books were written with full and abbreviated wheels for Lotto games using letters, A to F, etc., substituting your numbers for letters, writing the results on paper and then filling out a play slip; very time consuming. Over 20 years ago I bought one of Gail Howard's wheeling books that used a clear plastic template to enter the numbers into the wheels. My numbers were entered on the template from most favored to least favored using a pencil so I could erase them and use the template again. Up to 20 numbers can be placed onto blocks on the template and the template was placed on one of the abbreviated wheel girds in the book. Each line the gird had blocks blacked out so just six numbers would appear using the template and write them on a play slip.

It was a faster method but as with most system books of that day, the system was their wheels using "your numbers" without any system for choosing "your numbers". The reason the numbers where placed on to the template in order of most favored to least favored was because the abbreviated wheels were unbalanced and the favored numbers appeared in more of combos than the least favored numbers.

Along with the book I was given a "free gift" that was pick-3 card that was used with the template. It was ordinary 2 if 3 of ten digit unbalanced abbreviated wheel with the only affects being your first 3 favored digits are in one of the combos. Using the "ABC method" of substituting letters for digits with "A" the most favored, then "B" the next favored, then "C", then "D", etc.*,  the 10 combos look like this:

ABC 

ABE

ABF

AFJ

BEJ

CDG

CDH

CDK

DEF

GHK

It doesn't matter which order you place the digits or in which state you play because the affect will always be at least two digits will be in the drawn number when a single is drawn. To use this method to match all 3 digits and of course get a box win, a system is needed to place the digits into a correct order. I remembered the card and Gail Howard's template after reading BobP's "Power Trails" http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html and you might start there. Another system that could be used is Mr. Z's "Scientific Number Selector" http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/185341/1166500?q=BobP&tab=us&rp=search.

*The letter "I" wasn't used for the obvious reason.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
    Northern Virginia
    United States
    Member #83350
    December 5, 2009
    1322 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2009, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I did not play it, because I was not in the right state, and because I picked 29 numbers and am neither able nor willing to spend $58 to play all these numbers for both drawings every day, but I did match one of my predictions on Sunday, December 13: 796 day draw in Virginia. A lot of my predictions have been matching split pair for some reason. I had one that matched front pair, back pair, and split pair today (they drew 674, and three of my guesses were 670, 604, and 374).

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3316 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2009, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

not too bad i was only 4 numbers off the jackpot.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34539 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2009, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Well, I play 555 in the pick 5 and in the pick4 1555 came. Just my Luck!  Were you close or did you hit?

Yesterday, I go to the Store played 1231 and looked at the ticket wrong. I go to cash in the ticket the Guy tells me you didn't hit it was 1230 combination. I thought I had it! Dang!

Another Story I left my Dreambook at home, I usually keep it in my purse but today, I left it at home  and the number came out, I just didn't have my book to play the number or look up the number. Because there the number was! So I guess I will play the other part of the name. I forget that in  some Stores they sale Dreambooks. I wasn't thinking.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34539 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2009, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Another Story I left my Dreambook at home, I usually keep it in my purse but today, I left it at home  and the number came out, I just didn't have my book to play the number or look up the number. Because there the number was! So I guess I will play the other part of the name. I forget that in  some Stores they sale Dreambooks. I wasn't thinking.

I played the other part of her name,Hurray! and I will be Darn it came out!

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34539 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2009, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

It really depends on the type of bet you're making and payoffs vary from state to state. Some pay $83 for a 6-way box and $166 or $167 for 3-way, some pay $80 and $160, and some are pari-mutual.

In Ohio if you're playing a single number, which is a number with 3 different digits and play it using six 50 cent back-ups (cost $6), the payoff is $499. By playing the same number as a $6 box, the payoff is $498 and by playing a wheel or six $1 straight bets, the payoff is $500. If you're playing a double number (two matching digits) and play is using six 50 cent back-ups (cost $3), the payoff is $500.50. A $3 box pays $501 and a wheel or three $1 straights pays $500.

While the difference of only a buck or two may seem minimal that extra buck could return $500 on a future wager.

As for being "one number off" that's why the genus that invented the pick-3 included the "box" bet; it's based on the mathematics of the game and hoping players will continue to play when they are only "one number off". There are 720 pick-3 combinations with 3 different digits and over time the probability is that in about 72% of the drawings will be singles. Those 720 straight combos have 120 6-way box combinations and why players seem always be "one number off".

Check these 6-way combos out against actual daily drawings in all states when 3 different digits are drawn:

158, 390, 247, 356, 160, 789, 489, 289, 135, 150.

What you'll find is that in every drawing with a single at least one of these combos will either match the drawing  boxed or be "one number off".

Ok, Stack you might be right. ok for today in Ohio Dec. 14th. If I am going to use these same numbers for an example. The 158 was one number off!  Evening drawing. 148 and the Midday was 813 Is this a coincidence or what. But I will follow more of these numbers! I think I see something here. Thanks again!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
              Northern Virginia
              United States
              Member #83350
              December 5, 2009
              1322 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2009, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

One of the 29 Pick-3 numbers I have predicted for this month for Virginia matched this afternoon: 793. This is the top winning number in the Virginia Lottery; this is why it is on my list. The same thing happened two days ago with 796. But I was not in Virginia to play the numbers, and I'm not spending $58 a day to play all of these numbers. I'm a graduate student; I can't afford it.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5766 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2009, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Well I played P3 for the first time in a few weeks today. It just looked like the right time. When I play I play the number that hit the night before and the number that hit the day before, (if I'm playing the midday, vice versa if I'm playing the evening). Yesterday's midday in Tx was 632, and it hit today!!!!!!!

Rut roh... 236. I only play for straight hits. It keeps costs down and the box payouts just aren't enough in my opinion to warrant an extra .50 or $1. So....

I had a good laugh and will try again when the time is right.

Good luck ev1.

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34539 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2009, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Just very curious astekblue do you really think that numbers missed are lack of focus, or something else?   Sometimes  I am so amazed at how sometimes how close I am to hitting a number and something or something prevents it from happening,  sometimes I will be 100% sure of the number coming out and it seems like something is preventing me or "blocking" that from happening.  Could it be Karma? timing off?    I would like to hear others reasonings too of what could cause a mental block like that . 

I could hit a lot of times, but I am always so careless with my numbers,I don't keep them in long enough  or I won't box or back up. Or just forget to play the number. I get distracted sometimes especially when I am trying to play other peoples number. That can throw you off sometimes. That is why when I want to play some of my numbers, I write them down so I don't forget. These are some of the things that happen to me. Yes, and sometimes my timing is off too!

Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34539 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2009, 2:01 am - IP Logged

It's a 2 if 3 of 10 digit abbreviated wheel I put together using Cover Master. The digits are not placed in any particular order and the mathematical affect is that at least one of the ten combos produced will match 2 digits in any pick-3 drawing that uses 10 digits when singles (3 different digits) are drawn. Abbreviated wheels are generally used for pick-5 and pick-6 where the wheel guarantees secondary prizes; there is no prize for matching 2 digits in pick-3 games unless it's played that way like in front pair, back pair, outside pair, or boxing 2 digits with all the other digits.

Before PCs became a common household item, books were written with full and abbreviated wheels for Lotto games using letters, A to F, etc., substituting your numbers for letters, writing the results on paper and then filling out a play slip; very time consuming. Over 20 years ago I bought one of Gail Howard's wheeling books that used a clear plastic template to enter the numbers into the wheels. My numbers were entered on the template from most favored to least favored using a pencil so I could erase them and use the template again. Up to 20 numbers can be placed onto blocks on the template and the template was placed on one of the abbreviated wheel girds in the book. Each line the gird had blocks blacked out so just six numbers would appear using the template and write them on a play slip.

It was a faster method but as with most system books of that day, the system was their wheels using "your numbers" without any system for choosing "your numbers". The reason the numbers where placed on to the template in order of most favored to least favored was because the abbreviated wheels were unbalanced and the favored numbers appeared in more of combos than the least favored numbers.

Along with the book I was given a "free gift" that was pick-3 card that was used with the template. It was ordinary 2 if 3 of ten digit unbalanced abbreviated wheel with the only affects being your first 3 favored digits are in one of the combos. Using the "ABC method" of substituting letters for digits with "A" the most favored, then "B" the next favored, then "C", then "D", etc.*,  the 10 combos look like this:

ABC 

ABE

ABF

AFJ

BEJ

CDG

CDH

CDK

DEF

GHK

It doesn't matter which order you place the digits or in which state you play because the affect will always be at least two digits will be in the drawn number when a single is drawn. To use this method to match all 3 digits and of course get a box win, a system is needed to place the digits into a correct order. I remembered the card and Gail Howard's template after reading BobP's "Power Trails" http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html and you might start there. Another system that could be used is Mr. Z's "Scientific Number Selector" http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/185341/1166500?q=BobP&tab=us&rp=search.

*The letter "I" wasn't used for the obvious reason.

I cannot open the  2 websites you have here, I tried to and I couldn't,could the websites be wong?

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34539 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2009, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Ok, Stack you might be right. ok for today in Ohio Dec. 14th. If I am going to use these same numbers for an example. The 158 was one number off!  Evening drawing. 148 and the Midday was 813 Is this a coincidence or what. But I will follow more of these numbers! I think I see something here. Thanks again!

Here is another example Ohio had 807 Eve. Dec. 16th. one of your numbers 789 the 9 should of been a 0 I am testing it right now.  Midday today 347 and you have 247 So far so good. I will be back with more results.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7344 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2009, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I cannot open the  2 websites you have here, I tried to and I couldn't,could the websites be wong?

Both links are opening when I clicked on them.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2009, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Here is another example Ohio had 807 Eve. Dec. 16th. one of your numbers 789 the 9 should of been a 0 I am testing it right now.  Midday today 347 and you have 247 So far so good. I will be back with more results.

"I will be back with more results."

You don't need to check any more results because the set of 10 combos I showed you is arranged mathematically and will always have one combo that either matches the drawing or is one digit off when a single is drawn because at least one of the pairs in all 120 boxed combos will be in the set. There are 720 straight combinations that are 6-way boxes; divide 720 by 6 and you get 120 boxed combos. Each boxed combo has three pairs; example, the pairs 70, 78, and 80 are in 807. There are 45 non-matching digit pairs, but mathematically you don't need to use all 45 pairs to match 2 digits in any single using the ten combo set I provided.

Our goal is to hit all three digits and since this set guarantees 2 matching digits, we need to place the digits into an order that matches all three digits. Power Trails places the digits into an order based on current frequency and can be used with the "ABC" conversion chart as most frequent to least frequent or least frequent to most frequent. To get the order, Power Trails uses the last seven drawings by adding the number of times each digit appeared.

The digit order using Power Trails for the seven Ohio evening drawing from December 9 to December 15 was 1045829376. Convert the digits to 1=A, 0=B, 4=C, 5=D, 8=E, 2=F, 9=G, 3=H, 7=J, 6=K. On the conversion chart put 1 for A, 0 for B, 4 for C, etc.

ABC = 104

ABE = 108

ABF = 102

AFJ = 127

BEJ = 087

CDG = 459

CDH = 453

CDK = 456

DEF = 582

GHK = 936

To get each digit frequency, I followed the instructions from http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/pwrtrails.html and simply added the number of times each digit appeared in that seven evening drawing period. When two or more digits appeared the same amount, I placed them in order starting with the most current. The drawing order was 980, 148, 032, 517, 260, 544, 511. The digits 4, 5, and 0 were drawn 3 times each and I placed them in order of 0, 4, 5 because the digit 0 was the most current, 4 next, and then 5.

The probability is in the next 100 Ohio evening drawings about 72 of them will be a single. I'm not saying this method will hit every time, but it will match 2 digits in every one of those drawings and will produce hits like it did last night.  Using the same method for the Thursday December 17 Midday drawing, the box play is 036, 037, 035, 045, 375, 621, 628, 629, 274, 189.

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34539 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2009, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Both links are opening when I clicked on them.

It could be my Stopzilla Antivirus. Thanks for coming back to thread, I really believe you have something here, I have been telling everyone about your System. I will read more on this when I come back. Why don't you post it on Mathamatic Forum, So everyone can see it? You are right though not everytime because I didn't see anything from the 932 from Today in Ohio Midday! But I will still follow it.

Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34539 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2009, 4:06 am - IP Logged

I steady your numbers tonite so well, but I was focusing on the 356, I thought maybe the 555 would show. I even went to put $3.00 on the 555, but looked at the wrong number because I should of been looking at the 158 combination which came tonite. Oh well those are the breaks!