Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This Change is Bad

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by recoveryroad.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami, FLA
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
678 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2009, 3:55 am - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery announced it will no longer post news releases with details on who, where and how prizes are won.

I, for one, go on there every day to see where the F5 was won and if it was a QP. I also like reading about scratch-off and other jackpot winners.

If you have a minute could you please go to flalottery. and send them a note letting them know what you think of that decision? Much appreciated.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2009, 4:00 am - IP Logged

They may be doing it because someone got hurt or killed.  Personally, I think it is a good thing.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2009, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Leave out the who and post the where.

MarkP

Miami, FLA
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        678 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2009, 4:50 am - IP Logged

They may be doing it because someone got hurt or killed.  Personally, I think it is a good thing.

They don't always publish the who. It's the where and how.

And a 33 million jackpot winner from FL did go missing recently, but he was in a nasty dispute with a co-worker who claimed the ticket was his.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2678 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:14 am - IP Logged

MarkP

I Agree!

personally I couldn't care less about who won just so we know what store sold the ticket

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10389 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:20 am - IP Logged

MarkP

Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

big3picker's avatar - speedykat
              georgia
              United States
              Member #69146
              January 5, 2009
              189 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2009, 10:05 am - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery announced it will no longer post news releases with details on who, where and how prizes are won.

I, for one, go on there every day to see where the F5 was won and if it was a QP. I also like reading about scratch-off and other jackpot winners.

If you have a minute could you please go to flalottery. and send them a note letting them know what you think of that decision? Much appreciated.

myself i like knowing what town had a winning ticket, but i do like the idea of not posting or giving out a winners now. hope georgia follows suit

Don't disregard a Hunch

Hunches are another form of knowledge

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:08 am - IP Logged

They should consider posting information keeping the winner anonymous while providing the rest of the information, like if they are single and is looking...j/k

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #58835
                  February 27, 2008
                  148 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I agree!  With today's economy, more and more people are getting desperate.  I don't think it's safe anymore to post a millionaire's name publicly.  I can see posting where it was won and how, but definitely not the person's personal info.  Too dangerous nowadays!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2009, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I actually think this is a good idea. There are a lot of desperate people now days and I think it will be helpful to those who have won a large jackpot who don't want their names published. Now, I also agree, that I don't see the harm in posting where the ticket was purchased (like the store or town) but I do like the idea, of not posting the persons name. If that is what they choose.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10389 Posts
                      Posted: December 4, 2009, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

This is the way Illinois does it, at least for Pick 5:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 03, 2009

WINNING NUMBERS: 10 - 18 - 19 - 31 - 35

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                          INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            1
                       EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $175,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

200723    3507 CHICAGO RD SHELL       (QP)
                                       3507 CHICAGO RD
                                       STEGER/60475

A few months bakc somoen around here hit a Pick 5 jackpot and the store didn't even play it up, no "Winner sold here" in the window or any of that.

I think all states should let the winners remain anonymous.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

South Florida
                        United States
                        Member #82132
                        November 6, 2009
                        112 Posts
                        Posted: December 4, 2009, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

You guys are misinformed. They are still going to post information about game results, they just won't be posting those draw results press releases on their website anymore. You'll still be able to see how many people won each game, but you won't be able to see if they won with QPs and what part of the state. However, the media will still have access to the details from each game, so the local newspapers will still likely post the detailed results. Here's exactly what they mentioned on their site:

Beginning Monday, December 7, 2009, draw results press releases for POWERBALL, FLORIDA LOTTO, MEGA MONEY and FANTASY 5 will no longer be available on this Web site. Instead, the Florida Lottery's Communications Office will e-mail this information in a new format to those reporters who request it.

The draw results is a separate section they had where they would post press release results from each game the following morning. They will still have the winners press releases on their site, which is updated a couple times each month.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #49980
                          February 21, 2007
                          34514 Posts
                          Posted: December 4, 2009, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I think it is a good thing to, maybe because, That person that won a lot of money disappered, and they don't want it to happen again, If I won a lot of money I wouldn't want anyone to know I would want to keep it a secret.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

San Diego, CA
                            United States
                            Member #58386
                            February 12, 2008
                            290 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I applaud this.  California does this as well.

The argument that the public needs to know in order to prevent fraud is asinine.

Miami, FLA
                              United States
                              Member #62793
                              July 9, 2008
                              678 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2009, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

This is the way Illinois does it, at least for Pick 5:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 03, 2009

WINNING NUMBERS: 10 - 18 - 19 - 31 - 35

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                                  INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            1
                               EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $175,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

200723    3507 CHICAGO RD SHELL       (QP)
                                               3507 CHICAGO RD
                                               STEGER/60475

A few months bakc somoen around here hit a Pick 5 jackpot and the store didn't even play it up, no "Winner sold here" in the window or any of that.

I think all states should let the winners remain anonymous.

This is the way to do it.