Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This Change is Bad

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by recoveryroad.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2009, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

I think it is a good thing to, maybe because, That person that won a lot of money disappered, and they don't want it to happen again, If I won a lot of money I wouldn't want anyone to know I would want to keep it a secret.

Yeah, but like I said, that guy was in a dispute with a co-worker over the ticket. Suspect number one. Also, he's been missing since April and the family just reported recently.

I smell a rat.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2009, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami. Miami.

Huh?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Huh?

On the first page of thei thread markp1950 said

Leave out the who and post the where.

MarkP

So I answered with Miami Miami Miami Miami, etc...since you started this thread and are in Florida.

In Florida most winners are in Miami and in Illinois it's Chicago.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

OMG !....

What is everyone gonna do now?

This is what I DON"T need right now.

This is bad !

I'll have to call in sick for a few days till this thing gets straightened out !

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22955 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't give a hoot WHO won, I want to know that someone won, what they won and where they're from. How nice the state doesn't have

to list winners/winnings anymore...what's a person to do? Take their word for it? Right.

Someone said: I smell a rat...

The family didn't report him missing for 7 months?

Rat = Family

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Sticky wicket, joker.......

If you call in sick because of this, you'll be thought to have won a jackpot.

Then you'd be in the unique bind of not only not being anonymous but not being anonymous and not having won a jackpot!

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #61435
              May 22, 2008
              908 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2009, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I just sent them a request asking to be emailed the results......will see if that works.

Florida
                United States
                Member #61435
                May 22, 2008
                908 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2009, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I do wonder, WHY they would do this...........I mean how hard is it to post a link on a website to something that's already written up>>??

Miami
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  673 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2009, 1:48 am - IP Logged

I do wonder, WHY they would do this...........I mean how hard is it to post a link on a website to something that's already written up>>??

My guess is it has to do with making public a winner's name. The thing is, whose to say a media outlet won't release it anyway?

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                    If you don't like it, spit it out!
                    United States
                    Member #4756
                    May 23, 2004
                    3433 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2009, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

This is just another bump in the road from the over paid, over-thinkers of the Florida lottery!

Why would they not want to make public, the amount of winners and selling outlets, on their web site? In these daily press releases, the person who won is not given, just where and how much.

This goes along with the lottery not showing live daily game drawings... I know...you can watch the "replay" on the web site. But who says that those replays are of the actual drawings and aren't controlled in some fashion?

Not to mention that they have increased the odds of the scratch off tickets to at least 1 in 10 and lowered the payouts structures on them at the same time.

All in all, the integrity of the Florida lottery has dropped to an all time low. The more information that they keep from their players, the less they will play.

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2009, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I live in Jacksonville,FL and we don't have no where near as many jackot winners compared too Miami probably because I live in the Bible Belt so maybe the religious right is somehow causing this too happen unlike Miami which has a very large Santeria population along with Pagan Catholicism. I know that many Miamians pray too Saints for good fortune and a lot of them win that way while others consult Santeria preists and priesteses or do the practice themselves. Or the other most probable reason could be that the population in Miami is greater which results in more players and more winners compared too other cities in Florida.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #61435
                        May 22, 2008
                        908 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2009, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I just sent them a request asking to be emailed the results......will see if that works.

Got this reply from the lottery.  Wink

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Florida Lottery requesting to be added
                        to our list of media members who receive daily draw results from the
                        Communications Office.  We have added you to our media list and you
                        should start receiving the press releases tomorrow morning.

We are changing the way we send out our press releases daily so that we
                        will only be sending out one press release for all the games that were
                        drawn from the night before.  We will however continue to post winner
                        releases as they come in and press releases regarding new game launches.

Thank you,

The Florida Lottery Communications Office

South Florida
                          United States
                          Member #82132
                          November 6, 2009
                          112 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2009, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I really don't understand why it's so important to get the details of the results from each game anyway. We already know that qps tend to win more than personal selections, and that someone in Florida is going to win the games. If the need to know exact details is so you can be sure eveyrthing is fair and legitamate...well you couldn't really prove that before anyway. It was interesting to see that a lot of the winning tickets lately were not qps, but overall I don't see how the extra information really helps anyone. I would find it annoying to have the results emailed to me every single day though.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #61435
                            May 22, 2008
                            908 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2009, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

It's nice to know WHERE and IF QP wins, to me..............

Miami
                              United States
                              Member #62793
                              July 9, 2008
                              673 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2009, 3:21 am - IP Logged

Got this reply from the lottery.  Wink

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Florida Lottery requesting to be added
                              to our list of media members who receive daily draw results from the
                              Communications Office.  We have added you to our media list and you
                              should start receiving the press releases tomorrow morning.

We are changing the way we send out our press releases daily so that we
                              will only be sending out one press release for all the games that were
                              drawn from the night before.  We will however continue to post winner
                              releases as they come in and press releases regarding new game launches.

Thank you,

The Florida Lottery Communications Office

I'm signing up for this.