Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This Change is Bad

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by recoveryroad.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2009, 3:27 am - IP Logged

I really don't understand why it's so important to get the details of the results from each game anyway. We already know that qps tend to win more than personal selections, and that someone in Florida is going to win the games. If the need to know exact details is so you can be sure eveyrthing is fair and legitamate...well you couldn't really prove that before anyway. It was interesting to see that a lot of the winning tickets lately were not qps, but overall I don't see how the extra information really helps anyone. I would find it annoying to have the results emailed to me every single day though.

Some people like seeing where the winners are sold. I'm one of those people.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    906 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2009, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Here is what the daily email looks like.

To ensure you are able to receive e-mails from the Florida Lottery, please add us to your e-mail address book.

GAME DRAWING RESULTS
    Following are the Florida Lottery winning numbers for December 7, 2009. Click on the corresponding game logo below for prize payout information.

GAME    WINNING
    NUMBERS    JACKPOT /
    TOP-PRIZE
    WINNERS    JACKPOT / TOP-PRIZE
    WINNING TICKET(S) SOLD

08-25-31-32-34    2    Star Liquors III, 5899 S.E. Federal Highway D-1, Stuart
    Dion's Quik Mart, 1415 Overseas Highway, Marathon - QP

QP = Quick Pick

Midday: 0-3-1-5
    Evening: 9-7-8-4

Midday: 0-2-3
    Evening: 0-5-2

For game drawing schedule, visit our Web site.

Please send all media inquiries/requests to us, or you may contact the Lottery's Communications Office at (850) 487-7727.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
      If you don't like it, spit it out!
      United States
      Member #4756
      May 23, 2004
      3433 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2009, 10:13 am - IP Logged

This is the response that I received. The FL lottery webmaster(s) must be over worked!

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Florida Lottery requesting to be added to our list of media members who receive daily draw results from the Communications Office.  We do not recognize your e-mail address as belonging to a recognized media outlet and this service is only offered to members of the media.  If you are a member of the media or affiliated with a media outlet, please provide us with additional information including the name of the media organization to which you are affiliated. 

If you are a player and wish to receive daily winning numbers and jackpot alerts for your favorite Florida Lottery games, you may sign up to receive e-mail and text alerts on the Florida Lottery Web site. To take advantage of this lottery player offering, simply visit the Stay Connected section of our Web site at http://www.flalottery.com/StayConnectedMain.do.

The e-mail notifications will not include the retailer locations where the winning ticket(s) were purchased or Quick Pick information, however, you may access both of these from our Web site by clicking the "DOWNLOADS" section on the left-hand side and then selecting the game you are interested in; then click "Jackpot Winners" for most games, and "Grand Prize Winners" for FANTASY 5.  The Quick Pick information is also available in the DOWNLOADS section by clicking "Payouts" and the year you are searching.

The Lottery has always, and will continue to post this information in the DOWNLOADS section from Monday through Friday for your convenience.

This is in an effort to be more efficient and streamlined in our operations.  After researching how other lotteries report the winning numbers, we found that we are the only Lottery in the nation that distributes press releases in the format we have been using which is extremely time-consuming because we produce them in both English and Spanish everyday of the week including weekends and holidays.  Utilizing the Web site for information already available will save the Communications office time and resources allowing us to focus on other pressing matters such as game launches, winner awareness, etc. 

Thank you,

The Florida Lottery Communications Office

----------------------------------------------

This was the best laugh that I've had in a few days!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2009, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

This is the response that I received. The FL lottery webmaster(s) must be over worked!

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Florida Lottery requesting to be added to our list of media members who receive daily draw results from the Communications Office.  We do not recognize your e-mail address as belonging to a recognized media outlet and this service is only offered to members of the media.  If you are a member of the media or affiliated with a media outlet, please provide us with additional information including the name of the media organization to which you are affiliated. 

If you are a player and wish to receive daily winning numbers and jackpot alerts for your favorite Florida Lottery games, you may sign up to receive e-mail and text alerts on the Florida Lottery Web site. To take advantage of this lottery player offering, simply visit the Stay Connected section of our Web site at http://www.flalottery.com/StayConnectedMain.do.

The e-mail notifications will not include the retailer locations where the winning ticket(s) were purchased or Quick Pick information, however, you may access both of these from our Web site by clicking the "DOWNLOADS" section on the left-hand side and then selecting the game you are interested in; then click "Jackpot Winners" for most games, and "Grand Prize Winners" for FANTASY 5.  The Quick Pick information is also available in the DOWNLOADS section by clicking "Payouts" and the year you are searching.

The Lottery has always, and will continue to post this information in the DOWNLOADS section from Monday through Friday for your convenience.

This is in an effort to be more efficient and streamlined in our operations.  After researching how other lotteries report the winning numbers, we found that we are the only Lottery in the nation that distributes press releases in the format we have been using which is extremely time-consuming because we produce them in both English and Spanish everyday of the week including weekends and holidays.  Utilizing the Web site for information already available will save the Communications office time and resources allowing us to focus on other pressing matters such as game launches, winner awareness, etc. 

Thank you,

The Florida Lottery Communications Office

----------------------------------------------

This was the best laugh that I've had in a few days!

This part blew me away:

"... which is extremely time-consuming because we produce them in both English and Spanish everyday of the week..."

The solution is clear. They could continue doing it if we would all just speak one language. Clearly, we should all be required to learn, speak and read Spanish.

We'll need a law with stiff penalties for all those who refuse to embrace the virtues of diversity.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #61435
          May 22, 2008
          906 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

This part blew me away:

"... which is extremely time-consuming because we produce them in both English and Spanish everyday of the week..."

The solution is clear. They could continue doing it if we would all just speak one language. Clearly, we should all be required to learn, speak and read Spanish.

We'll need a law with stiff penalties for all those who refuse to embrace the virtues of diversity.

Yea to top off and complement the global carbon taxes and deathcare bill they are trying to ram thru.

Dawn32's avatar - DawnMarch2012
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #71646
            March 1, 2009
            204 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2009, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

They should consider posting information keeping the winner anonymous while providing the rest of the information, like if they are single and is looking...j/k

LOL!

"Bless me Lord, so that I may be a blessing to others."

South Florida
              United States
              Member #82132
              November 6, 2009
              112 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2009, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

This part blew me away:

I would think it is a little bit time consuming to write these up in two languages for each game, but come on. All they were doing was basically copying and pasting the results from the game pages, formating them for a press release, and then adding the winner locations and quickpick information. The problem was that they didn't just write one press release that covered every game, they wrote a separate press release for each game, and Fantasy 5 runs each day. Again, the specific results don't really concern me, but their reasoning for the change is a little ridiculous. This is just a case of pure laziness. There's no reason why they can't post the new versions of the game results on their site, other than laziness.