Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you tip when you win? Who? How much? Why do you tip?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 7 years ago by kaizon7.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
Member #33588
February 22, 2006
2068 Posts
Posted: December 25, 2009, 4:19 am - IP Logged

nope , i do not tip.The cashier is getting paid if i win or loose.

'' Inteligence quod consensio = Prosperitas "       Sun Smiley

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
    Member #76986
    July 10, 2009
    8034 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2009, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your responses on this topic!!!

Sending everyone Money Ble$$ing$ 

and wishes for continous  good health,  prosperity, and peace  in the coming new year!!!

Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel   Blue Angel

United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      8034 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2010, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

There are people who play big stacks of numbers at the beer and beverage store in my neighborhood.  They hold up the line for long periods of time.  Sometimes I can't get my few numbers in, before the state cut off time. I have noticed that these people give certain clerks nice tips for punching in all of their numbers.  Then when they win, they tip even more money to the same clerks.  I have seen $50's and $100's given as tips quite often.  I can't even guess the amount of tip money that is in the folded wads these special clerks get.

I have also waited in line for the stacks of numbers being punched in for people who are NOT in the store.  They call to see if their stack of tickets are ready and when they come to get them, they tip for that service.

I tipped a few dollars to see if I would get faster service the next time. 

Nope, still had to wait.

Fortunately, there are lots of retailers in my area that sell lottery tickets, but the B&B store is so convenient.  Free parking and sometimes beer samples. Yes Nod

United States
        Member #76986
        July 10, 2009
        8034 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks, everyone, for your great responses to this question! Coffee

Green globe money purse

Ble$$ing$   

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
          Vancouver, WA
          United States
          Member #53665
          July 15, 2007
          151 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:55 am - IP Logged

I have never tipped before, but that is only because the highest amount I have won so far in 8 years is $7.00 and that was after spending $30 on tickets.  I have to seriously think about it but right now I would only tip if I hit the JP and even then I am not sure.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I have yet to tip but will when I bust a good one..Millions..Thanks jrosina..

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2010, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Wow, I do give the clercks something when I cash in my tickets, thank God, they never showed me any particular favoritism, I wouldn't  like that.

Any way Tiggs you are very much welcomed, and don't forget to Practise your Laugh, and the scratching of the head!!! Sad Wavey           Now I am Off I can't be here fooling with you, I have to find you those winners, before my husband take away my computer he is already threatening to do so, he said I spend way too much time talking to my Lp Family....I told him he would have to tear my HP from my cold dead hands! as Sully would say,  LoL, Haha. but you know something,  I am discovering that over there in Kentucky, they are sure on to you players!!! Okay I am off!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2010, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Wow, I do give the clercks something when I cash in my tickets, thank God, they never showed me any particular favoritism, I wouldn't  like that.

Any way Tiggs you are very much welcomed, and don't forget to Practise your Laugh, and the scratching of the head!!! Sad Wavey           Now I am Off I can't be here fooling with you, I have to find you those winners, before my husband take away my computer he is already threatening to do so, he said I spend way too much time talking to my Lp Family....I told him he would have to tear my HP from my cold dead hands! as Sully would say,  LoL, Haha. but you know something,  I am discovering that over there in Kentucky, they are sure on to you players!!! Okay I am off!

Yes "you are off"..:):)..And I thought you wore the pants in your family and not the panties..Do what your hubby tells you to do and DO IT RIGHT!!!..Later..

United States
                  Member #46581
                  September 15, 2006
                  93 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

money follows money so when u give a something to the person who cashed the ticket, money normally comes back to you.  I will give something back, even if it's only $20, but if I only hit for $40 or $15, all they get is a thank you and have a nice day.

Rockwell's avatar - redordead
                    New York
                    United States
                    Member #66776
                    November 6, 2008
                    91 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Yes I tip Vince Conti. I buy his Tip Sheets month to month and when I hit Straight I send him a money order TIP. He's the best and I simply show my gratitude. However, store clerks that sell me my tickets get free tickets in lieu of cash. I will buy 50/50 on a pick 3 for example. I buy ten of them and hand one to the clerk. If it comes out we both WIN!! :)

Tomorrow's numbers are in Todays results!

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes "you are off"..:):)..And I thought you wore the pants in your family and not the panties..Do what your hubby tells you to do and DO IT RIGHT!!!..Later..

No Tiggs, I don't wear the Pants... but He said I sure wear his nerves the heck down to a frazzle, if he starts some foolishness that doesn't make sense!   One would be taking my Computer!!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                        Nova Scotia
                        Canada
                        Member #9934
                        December 27, 2004
                        884 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2010, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't agree with tipping clerks that sell tickets- because if you win a large amount for example- the lottery corporation gives a certain percentage to the seller of the ticket anyway..

So you wouldn't need to give the clerk a tip- because the lottery corporation would give them a certain fee..Hyper

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2010, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't agree with tipping clerks that sell tickets- because if you win a large amount for example- the lottery corporation gives a certain percentage to the seller of the ticket anyway..

So you wouldn't need to give the clerk a tip- because the lottery corporation would give them a certain fee..Hyper

The seller is the store, the clerk may or may not get a "bone".

You guys remember that Vegas joke abut a canoe and a Canuck?

Ahem.

(Just kidding, Elizabeth03, eh!)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2010, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

"Over there in Kentucky they are sure on to you players"<<<---------------What does that mean?..

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: February 5, 2010, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

The seller is the store, the clerk may or may not get a "bone".

You guys remember that Vegas joke abut a canoe and a Canuck?

Ahem.

(Just kidding, Elizabeth03, eh!)

What's the joke about the canoe and Canuck?..