Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things that make you go HMMMMM

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Okay, so I was just noticing something.  States have their 5of 6 plus bonus games and the pick five ( or our Fantasy Five) games right?  Okay,  the 5/49 plus a bonus almost ALWAYS have 3 or 4 people win 5 without the bonus numbers. ,giving them a small share of around 20-30K, right?

Now, you take the Fantasy Five, which doesn't have a bonus number and only 39 numbers.  There is almost always ONLY one winner that wins the 50 to 350K jackpot. 

Can anyone explain why that is?  to me, I would think with better odds, you would have more 5 of 5 winners for Fantasy.  It is that kind of scenario that makes me wonder if the lottery outcome of games really are  manipulated somehow.  I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm.

I hate to get all Conspiracy Theory about things  but I wonder.

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

3 people won the last F5 jackpot.

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2010, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Okay, so I was just noticing something.  States have their 5of 6 plus bonus games and the pick five ( or our Fantasy Five) games right?  Okay,  the 5/49 plus a bonus almost ALWAYS have 3 or 4 people win 5 without the bonus numbers. ,giving them a small share of around 20-30K, right?

Now, you take the Fantasy Five, which doesn't have a bonus number and only 39 numbers.  There is almost always ONLY one winner that wins the 50 to 350K jackpot. 

Can anyone explain why that is?  to me, I would think with better odds, you would have more 5 of 5 winners for Fantasy.  It is that kind of scenario that makes me wonder if the lottery outcome of games really are  manipulated somehow.  I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm.

I hate to get all Conspiracy Theory about things  but I wonder.

lottocalgal, I have my suspicions!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:21 am - IP Logged

lottocalgal,

Any 5 + 1 game is actually two lotteries in one, or a lottery parlay. If you get the 5 + 5 you still have to get the 1 of however many, and it ain't easy MCGee, as they say.

In the Pick 5, Illinois (5/39) has had a jackpot over over $1,000,000 a couple of times. I don't remember how many people hit when it was that high but I know one time it was a shared jackpot for sure.

The most I've ever seen share a Pick 5 jackot was 6.

I think the Pick 5 just doesn't get that much play in comparison because most players are chasing the largest jackpot they can go after.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #80450
          September 27, 2009
          56 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2010, 3:53 am - IP Logged

If I could play the Cash 5(1-34) here in VA, which has a $100,000 top prize...I am sure I could win frequently...I had a set of numbers I wheeled and didn't play ofcourse coz no extra money...but one of my numbers came up...I was upset. C5 is played 2wice a day 7 days a week...the odds are on your side for sure if you know what you are doing.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
            Kansas
            United States
            Member #83963
            December 19, 2009
            347 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2010, 4:26 am - IP Logged

lottocalgal, I have my suspicions!!!

Me too. Some of the lotteries give *hints* that make one wonder if they're on the "up and up". I almost wonder in the 11-15 min between the time they stop selling tickets here, and actually get the numbers drawn, if they're not re-drawing, and matching them up with how many winners they want for a particular night/how much they want to pay out. I'm sure it would only take a computer program a few minutes, to figure it all out, and opt for the numbers with the least amount of winners.

It sounds crazy, I know, but it's not impossible. Evil Uhh

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2010, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Me too. Some of the lotteries give *hints* that make one wonder if they're on the "up and up". I almost wonder in the 11-15 min between the time they stop selling tickets here, and actually get the numbers drawn, if they're not re-drawing, and matching them up with how many winners they want for a particular night/how much they want to pay out. I'm sure it would only take a computer program a few minutes, to figure it all out, and opt for the numbers with the least amount of winners.

Thats what i think.  If 3-4 ALWAYS get 5 numbers on a bonus game with 49 numbers, then why wouldnt that same amount get  the jackpot in the Fantasy five non bonus game  of 39 unless its manipulated at the last minute somehow.  Odds are bad enough without a thumb on the scale as they say.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40394 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2010, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Thats why i quit playing keno , i think its a hidden cash cow . someone only wins the top prize once every 2 months. i track it every day and only a couple of people win the second top prize throughout the week.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                  Member #34266
                  March 1, 2006
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2010, 9:52 am - IP Logged

We have take five in NY....if the jackpot is around the 90k or above range one winner  will win the jackpot the winner is usually from queens, kings or new york county all are in NYC proper and or Long Island ....however if it is a smaller amount there are usually 3 to four winners from counties outside the NYC /Long Island area....go figure...same thing can be said about the MM jackpot winners...

CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2010, 10:11 am - IP Logged

lottocalgal,

Any 5 + 1 game is actually two lotteries in one, or a lottery parlay. If you get the 5 + 5 you still have to get the 1 of however many, and it ain't easy MCGee, as they say.

In the Pick 5, Illinois (5/39) has had a jackpot over over $1,000,000 a couple of times. I don't remember how many people hit when it was that high but I know one time it was a shared jackpot for sure.

The most I've ever seen share a Pick 5 jackot was 6.

I think the Pick 5 just doesn't get that much play in comparison because most players are chasing the largest jackpot they can go after.

So if i understand you right Coin,

The reason why  (still)  only 1 person  wins the Fantasy five jackpot is that there are fewer people playing that game as opposed to the Super?

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2010, 10:18 am - IP Logged

If you think your being cheated then just don't play?..It's so simple just put your money in the bank rather then buying lotto tickets..

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

LadyM I am so with you on this!!!  I am one who is always trying to show the scenario you just mentioned; it is more than Possible it is very, very Probable I wrote about it in my blog and received an answer, from Someone who  simple said "What you are speaking about is Called get ready for this "Computerized Drawings"!!! It is not Crazy,   it is a Business, the quicker we understand this the better we will know how to play this thing!  Thank you LadyM for making me feel less nuts!Shocked

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2010, 10:40 am - IP Logged

If you think your being cheated then just don't play?..It's so simple just put your money in the bank rather then buying lotto tickets..

Tiggs95, you are partially right, but it is not that we should not play, but we should play with understanding, after all it is a business for the State they Can't lose money on this thing or it will stop been lucrative for them, It is a Business!! people get into Business to make money, So does the State!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2010, 10:50 am - IP Logged

"I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm."

The smaller the jackpot the fewer players there are. As the jackpot gets higher more people purchase tickets. The more tickets sold the higher the possibility of multiple winners.

I have seen it mentioned many times here at lottery post that players only purchase tickets when the jackpot gets higher.

WHATT

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2010, 11:09 am - IP Logged

"I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm."

The smaller the jackpot the fewer players there are. As the jackpot gets higher more people purchase tickets. The more tickets sold the higher the possibility of multiple winners.

I have seen it mentioned many times here at lottery post that players only purchase tickets when the jackpot gets higher.

Exactly!! and the more players?  more money for the state! This is a Business!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina