Welcome Guest
You last visited August 19, 2017, 8:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things that make you go HMMMMM

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Chicago
United States
Member #70678
February 8, 2009
889 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

In Illinois it's Chicago and in Florida it's Miami.

It sure seems like a "lopsided" number of winners come from there, but when you factor in population it makes sense.

lottocalgal,

Is KARA in Santa Clara still the best oldies station ever, or did they change their format.

I was stationed at Ft Ord and lived in Monterey.....every summer I wish I was still there!

I remember pulling into a gas station on July 4th weekend (this was way before self-serve) and the guy who came out to pump the gas was wearing a parka.

Wink

HAHA then the good news is I have a better chance as in CHIIIcago!!!!!!

For what it's worth when I hit 5 of 6 numbers on Super Lotto (before it was changed to SLP) not only was I in SO CAL  but Orange County to boot!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2010, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Talk about odd feelings

I always think the same thing about Southern CA.  It seems that for years all the winners come from LA county.  then I did the demographics for southern VS northern, and there are WAY more people in LA county vs lets say Alameda county  something like  10 million to 3 million.

Its only recently that Northern california is getting a few winners.  I was feeling wierd about it.  But I guess it has to be spreaded around a bit.    I used to drive to Santa clara county because most of the winners seems to come from there.  I even did it last week and bought a single ticket in many 7 elevens and the one store I DIDNT go to, had the winner.  The bad news?  Its a 7 eleven I normally go to when I visit a Frys electronic store in the same neighborhood.    It goes to show, it really doesnt matter where you play because if its your time to win you will.

You may be right lottogal..I just guess it's just time for the players from Northern California to win their fair share??Wink But talk about fate or Lottery Karma; for not buying a ticket at the exact store that produced the winner--like I've said before and you are correct as well--it's just the "LUCK OF THE DRAW"--you have to be at the right place, at the right time and if it is your CHOSEN time to win, it will happenBig Smile

GOOD LUCK Banana

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I think i know why i wrote about this 7 years ago...

the reason i think is because: the Pick6/49 plays twice a day it doesnt play everyday so is a lot easier than a Pick5/39 that plays everyday...A game is more difficult if is played everyday than it is played twice a week or 3 times a week...At least 1 find them more difficult the ones that play everyday...

I dont know how come i havent mentioned it here...To what level is the difficulty i dont know...

I am not saying that a: Pick6/49 is easier than a Pick5/39 only the 5/5+0 match of the Pick5/49+ bonus ball part is easier than the 5/5 Pick5/39 that plays everyday...Plus it gives you more time to strategize...

Also a 5/6 of a pick6/49 that plays twice a week is easier than a: Pick5/39 that plays everyday...that´s my opinion...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10506 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2010, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

ca_dreamin*

In almost five years of getting the list of daily winners for the Little Lotto, population aside, an inordinate numbers of winners have been purchases in Chicago and collar county stores with the name Pantry in them. Didn't msatter if it as a quick pick or not, they just sold a lot of winners.

Especially the White Hen Pantry. If I remember right, they were bought by 7-11 but boy did they have a lot of jackpot winners.

I think if I ws up where you were (I'm way south of you) I'd definitely be looking for one of those "Pantry" stores that sell lotto.

By the same token, I think in those five years I've seen a winning ticket sold at Kroger maybe four times and Schnuck's twice.

You might want to go to the Illinois lottery website and subscribe to the Little Lotto winner's list, or check it every night on the site.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #83701
          December 13, 2009
          225 Posts
          Posted: February 19, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Me too. Some of the lotteries give *hints* that make one wonder if they're on the "up and up". I almost wonder in the 11-15 min between the time they stop selling tickets here, and actually get the numbers drawn, if they're not re-drawing, and matching them up with how many winners they want for a particular night/how much they want to pay out. I'm sure it would only take a computer program a few minutes, to figure it all out, and opt for the numbers with the least amount of winners.

It sounds crazy, I know, but it's not impossible. Evil Uhh

It would be scandalous if they did redraws till the draw was in their favour however they do have alarms in their computer programs that will stop sales if the ticket sales are such that they have a risk of losing more money then they intended.   Usually this is just in reference to the smaller prizes where instead of a share of a jackpot, it's a guaranteed prize amount.   So yes it's fixed but only by whether or not they continue to sell tickets for a given draw.

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2010, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

It would be scandalous if they did redraws till the draw was in their favour however they do have alarms in their computer programs that will stop sales if the ticket sales are such that they have a risk of losing more money then they intended.   Usually this is just in reference to the smaller prizes where instead of a share of a jackpot, it's a guaranteed prize amount.   So yes it's fixed but only by whether or not they continue to sell tickets for a given draw.

I am in agreement with LadyMylena.  If they do that, they can also "fix" it so the sold out numbers do not come out!

After all they rarely ever do!! Like Missouri with the Quads for Instance the only quad they have is 5555 since they started in 1998 they allowed one; quad 5555 which came out in 2000. Since then not one more!   Or New Jersey's 3333 have not seen the light of day since 1983!!!  27 Years!!!, Wisconsin with their nonexistent triples!  and many other States!  This is an Insult to the law of average!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              49013 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2010, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I am in agreement with LadyMylena.  If they do that, they can also "fix" it so the sold out numbers do not come out!

After all they rarely ever do!! Like Missouri with the Quads for Instance the only quad they have is 5555 since they started in 1998 they allowed one; quad 5555 which came out in 2000. Since then not one more!   Or New Jersey's 3333 have not seen the light of day since 1983!!!  27 Years!!!, Wisconsin with their nonexistent triples!  and many other States!  This is an Insult to the law of average!

you are so right rosina ,

Hyper

CA
                United States
                Member #84266
                December 26, 2009
                410 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what the matrix is or how the game works but 4 of the same numbers coming out at the same time is really really rare. Has all the permutations for that game been drawn?

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2010, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what the matrix is or how the game works but 4 of the same numbers coming out at the same time is really really rare. Has all the permutations for that game been drawn?

Exactly badboy00z, you may not know how it works... I most respectfully  say, I do know how it works.   And permutations or no; It goes again's even "their Law of Average" which they tells us that, a quad average number between draws goes from 859 and up to 1,185. Other States have a Maximun number of Draws up to 3,039   New Jersey's 3333 have far exceded the law of average by over 9,000!   It is up t0 12,264!  Not permutation  is more like or mutation!  This goes for many other States with the same "game" playing!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: February 19, 2010, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

ca_dreamin*

In almost five years of getting the list of daily winners for the Little Lotto, population aside, an inordinate numbers of winners have been purchases in Chicago and collar county stores with the name Pantry in them. Didn't msatter if it as a quick pick or not, they just sold a lot of winners.

Especially the White Hen Pantry. If I remember right, they were bought by 7-11 but boy did they have a lot of jackpot winners.

I think if I ws up where you were (I'm way south of you) I'd definitely be looking for one of those "Pantry" stores that sell lotto.

By the same token, I think in those five years I've seen a winning ticket sold at Kroger maybe four times and Schnuck's twice.

You might want to go to the Illinois lottery website and subscribe to the Little Lotto winner's list, or check it every night on the site.

There used to be a White Hen Pantry not to far from where I live. Now it's a 7-11. I haven't seen any other stores with the name Pantry in it but I don't get out much. (Parking is so bad where I live)

I did find it interesting on your list(for 09) there was a winner at the 7-11 on Dodge Ave. I pass by this store twice a day going to and from work.

Also the 2 wins from the same store (I think it was a dollar store) had to be somewhere close to where I live.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to pay attention to where the winning tickets are coming from. I go to the IL Lottery website to get the numbers anyway.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10506 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Just as an FYI, Mega Millions Mega number tonight was 36

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #83701
                        December 13, 2009
                        225 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2010, 2:52 am - IP Logged

Quads are quite rare but over the ten years since the Missouri quad in 2000, if there are six draws per week then one would've expected a 93.98% chance of another quad being drawn at least once in those ten years but the lack of a quad may be unintentional if a RNG is being used.   RNG algorithms are simply deterministic sequences that meet certain statistical tests and hence by definition tend to spread out the numbers being generated rather than be truly random so a RNG could easily avoid quads as quads would tend to appear to be non-random to us humans and RNG's are constrained to avoid anything that might be construed as not being random.   I still think that the manipulation is simply with whether or not they stop sales as they could not get into any legal trouble with such a manipulation.   Should there ever be any evidence of manipulation of the draws themselves, they could be in a world of trouble.   Of course, if the draws are being manipulated then a RNG would be required.   Lotteries are such a money maker without draw manipulation that I find it hard to believe they would risk such a cash cow by manipulating the draw especially when legal options such as stopping the sale of tickets are available.