Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things that make you go HMMMMM

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2010, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Your lottery tells players if the tickets were self or QPs?  wow thats so cool.  Even though I plan to play my own numbers forever  I would love to know what type the CA winners were.

lottocalgal,

This is for the last two years for Illinois Litle Lotto, 2008 to 2009.Each state and game is different of course, but it appears this one is pretty consistent.

As of today, Feb 17, for 2010 its tied 16-16 between QP and Player Picks (PS, Player's Selections)

These were the 2008 results:

146 Jackpots

120 QP   82.19%

91 PS      62.32%

(includes shared jackpots)

2008 was a leap year. So in 366 days jackpots were paid out 146 times or every 2.506 days

82.19% of the jackpot winners were QP

62.32% were player's selections, or PS

365 drawings, 157 jackpots, a hit every 2.32 days.

To date:

157 Jackpots

132 QP   84.07%

87 PS      55.41%

Total jackpot money paid out to date: $33,295,000

Here's the results for 2008, 2009, and combined:

Two years combined

731 drawings

303 Jackpots

252 QP  83.16%

178 PS   58.74%

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2010, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I am beginning to wonder for the last several weeks, why the majority of the winners of MM/SL & Fantasy 5 have been from Northern CA..hmmmmmWink; for example last night's MM, two winners from Redwood City and Oakland split the MM jackpot of $269, 500; hitting 5 numbers, minus the mega number.

Is there more players from Northern CA than Southern CA??? What?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I am beginning to wonder for the last several weeks, why the majority of the winners of MM/SL & Fantasy 5 have been from Northern CA..hmmmmmWink; for example last night's MM, two winners from Redwood City and Oakland split the MM jackpot of $269, 500; hitting 5 numbers, minus the mega number.

"Is there more players from Northern CA than Southern CA??? "

No, but Nancy (The Dragon Lady) Pelosi is up there.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Or maybe all the Carol Doda fans are players.......

Carol Doda was an exotic dancer, a very well "endowed" dancer, who was the station I.D. for Channel 36 in San Jose in the 1970s......

The station ID was her in a tight black turtleneck sweater and she said,

"This is the perfect 36 in San Jose"

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2010, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Or maybe all the Carol Doda fans are players.......

Carol Doda was an exotic dancer, a very well "endowed" dancer, who was the station I.D. for Channel 36 in San Jose in the 1970s......

The station ID was her in a tight black turtleneck sweater and she said,

"This is the perfect 36 in San Jose"

Wink

CT, you are now officially the "Kinkmeister" of LP!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CA
            United States
            Member #84266
            December 26, 2009
            410 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2010, 2:24 am - IP Logged

lottocalgal,

This is for the last two years for Illinois Litle Lotto, 2008 to 2009.Each state and game is different of course, but it appears this one is pretty consistent.

As of today, Feb 17, for 2010 its tied 16-16 between QP and Player Picks (PS, Player's Selections)

These were the 2008 results:

146 Jackpots

120 QP   82.19%

91 PS      62.32%

(includes shared jackpots)

2008 was a leap year. So in 366 days jackpots were paid out 146 times or every 2.506 days

82.19% of the jackpot winners were QP

62.32% were player's selections, or PS

365 drawings, 157 jackpots, a hit every 2.32 days.

To date:

157 Jackpots

132 QP   84.07%

87 PS      55.41%

Total jackpot money paid out to date: $33,295,000

Here's the results for 2008, 2009, and combined:

Two years combined

731 drawings

303 Jackpots

252 QP  83.16%

178 PS   58.74%

Where can I find the stats for different states?

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2010, 2:37 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

"The perfect 36" gal had quite a following! What other station had people looking forward to the station ID?

badboyz00z,

Each states' lottery individual website, I guess.

I've tracked the Illinois pick 5 day by day.

Lep

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                Kansas
                United States
                Member #83963
                December 19, 2009
                347 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2010, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Wow, it would sure be nice to get those kinds of stats.

Here, you never know how many winners there were altogether, if it was a QP or not (unless it's the jackpot), or how many smaller prizes were won. They will only say if the jackpot was won, or the second prize (sometimes there's several won in a draw, and they will tell what area of the state they each were in), but nothing beyond that. I suppose one could write their state lottery and ask.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2010, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Talk about odd feelings

I always think the same thing about Southern CA.  It seems that for years all the winners come from LA county.  then I did the demographics for southern VS northern, and there are WAY more people in LA county vs lets say Alameda county  something like  10 million to 3 million.

Its only recently that Northern california is getting a few winners.  I was feeling wierd about it.  But I guess it has to be spreaded around a bit.    I used to drive to Santa clara county because most of the winners seems to come from there.  I even did it last week and bought a single ticket in many 7 elevens and the one store I DIDNT go to, had the winner.  The bad news?  Its a 7 eleven I normally go to when I visit a Frys electronic store in the same neighborhood.    It goes to show, it really doesnt matter where you play because if its your time to win you will.

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2010, 10:10 am - IP Logged

In Illinois it's Chicago and in Florida it's Miami.

It sure seems like a "lopsided" number of winners come from there, but when you factor in population it makes sense.

lottocalgal,

Is KARA in Santa Clara still the best oldies station ever, or did they change their format.

I was stationed at Ft Ord and lived in Monterey.....every summer I wish I was still there!

I remember pulling into a gas station on July 4th weekend (this was way before self-serve) and the guy who came out to pump the gas was wearing a parka.

Wink

Lep

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2010, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Okay, so I was just noticing something.  States have their 5of 6 plus bonus games and the pick five ( or our Fantasy Five) games right?  Okay,  the 5/49 plus a bonus almost ALWAYS have 3 or 4 people win 5 without the bonus numbers. ,giving them a small share of around 20-30K, right?

Now, you take the Fantasy Five, which doesn't have a bonus number and only 39 numbers.  There is almost always ONLY one winner that wins the 50 to 350K jackpot. 

Can anyone explain why that is?  to me, I would think with better odds, you would have more 5 of 5 winners for Fantasy.  It is that kind of scenario that makes me wonder if the lottery outcome of games really are  manipulated somehow.  I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm.

I hate to get all Conspiracy Theory about things  but I wonder.

lottogal, I just whent hmmmm with the 707 in New York twice and In New Jersey the same day; as well as other things I am noticing!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2010, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I think i know why i wrote about this 7 years ago...

the reason i think is because: the Pick6/49 plays twice a day it doesnt play everyday so is a lot easier than a Pick5/39 that plays everyday...A game is more difficult if is played everyday than it is played twice a week or 3 times a week...At least 1 find them more difficult the ones that play everyday...

I dont know how come i havent mentioned it here...To what level is the difficulty i dont know...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2010, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I think i know why i wrote about this 7 years ago...

the reason i think is because: the Pick6/49 plays twice a day it doesnt play everyday so is a lot easier than a Pick5/39 that plays everyday...A game is more difficult if is played everyday than it is played twice a week or 3 times a week...At least 1 find them more difficult the ones that play everyday...

I dont know how come i havent mentioned it here...To what level is the difficulty i dont know...

Okay don't jump on Pumpi everybody! I believe he ment to say that the pick6/49 Plays Twice a week.

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10345 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2010, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Well in illiois the 6/52 is three times a week since Mondays were added.

But on no way, shape, or form is a 5/39 game played everyday more difficult than any 6/49 game no matter the game frequency.

Lep

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2010, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Well in illiois the 6/52 is three times a week since Mondays were added.

But on no way, shape, or form is a 5/39 game played everyday more difficult than any 6/49 game no matter the game frequency.

Sorry Pumpi, I have to Agree with the Coin!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina