Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things that make you go HMMMMM

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2010, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I hate that the lottery "forces us to buy ticket's" even if they cheat..You gamble at your own risk..You would think people with a winning system would have put the lottery out of business by now..Cheaters!!!..

United States
    Member #34266
    March 1, 2006
    188 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2010, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I follow the lottery and where the winners are......I stopped playing about 2 years ago...the money I would have played is in a savings account...I have a couple grand saved....FYI no one in my local  area has hit the jackpot on any of the NY games....I love lottery stories.....and I'm not hater of people who do play...

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2010, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I hate that the lottery "forces us to buy ticket's" even if they cheat..You gamble at your own risk..You would think people with a winning system would have put the lottery out of business by now..Cheaters!!!..

tiggs95, you are right once again! But we play knowing the strength of our opponent, There are times when with our system (each person have their own) we peep the cards a  and we win! but we can't afford to be naive about such things, Sarcasm not withstanding you are oh, so right! Lol 

Not that you care,  but I  am getting to like you tiggs95 you are okay!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2010, 11:57 am - IP Logged

I follow the lottery and where the winners are......I stopped playing about 2 years ago...the money I would have played is in a savings account...I have a couple grand saved....FYI no one in my local  area has hit the jackpot on any of the NY games....I love lottery stories.....and I'm not hater of people who do play...

Bambini I stick with what I know I have a better chance at and that is Pick 3 and Pick 4 that is what I know so that is what I play!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Good for you bambini..I'm a gambler by heart and a bit to old to quit while I'm behind..I quit smoking and drinking years ago but LOVE to gamble,it's in my blood..When you bust a good one it feels so good!!..

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34130 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

It sure does Tiggs!  You and me both!Lurking

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Good for you bambini..I'm a gambler by heart and a bit to old to quit while I'm behind..I quit smoking and drinking years ago but LOVE to gamble,it's in my blood..When you bust a good one it feels so good!!..

I don't know Tiggs you look mighty good in your pictures, not old looking at all!

I showed your Picture to my husband, he said  "that is a big fella, next time pick on someone your own size little girl,  or at least closer to my size little girl!"  It was so funny!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I am old..My fahter who I met when I was 28 died when he was 85 and his hair was still brown?..Mine is real and brown at my age..I don't mess with women as my mom taught me to respect them even if they are wrong sometimes..:):)..

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I am old..My fahter who I met when I was 28 died when he was 85 and his hair was still brown?..Mine is real and brown at my age..I don't mess with women as my mom taught me to respect them even if they are wrong sometimes..:):)..

Even if you "Think" they are wrong sometimes?? LoL..ha ha  My Respects to you tiggs95 !!! 

PS: SurrenderI couldn't resist the "think" thing!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                    Member #1826
                    July 11, 2003
                    2645 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2010, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Okay, so I was just noticing something.  States have their 5of 6 plus bonus games and the pick five ( or our Fantasy Five) games right?  Okay,  the 5/49 plus a bonus almost ALWAYS have 3 or 4 people win 5 without the bonus numbers. ,giving them a small share of around 20-30K, right?

Now, you take the Fantasy Five, which doesn't have a bonus number and only 39 numbers.  There is almost always ONLY one winner that wins the 50 to 350K jackpot. 

Can anyone explain why that is?  to me, I would think with better odds, you would have more 5 of 5 winners for Fantasy.  It is that kind of scenario that makes me wonder if the lottery outcome of games really are  manipulated somehow.  I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm.

I hate to get all Conspiracy Theory about things  but I wonder.

The reason for this is that Super Lotto has more tickets in play for a particular draw, hence even with longer odds, you get more winners. This is due to A. Super Lotto is far more popular than Fantasy 5, and B. Super Lotto is only twice a week, as opposed to daily. Hence, more winners in Super Lotto despite the odds. No conspiracy here.

(insert signature here)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10350 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2010, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

So if i understand you right Coin,

The reason why  (still)  only 1 person  wins the Fantasy five jackpot is that there are fewer people playing that game as opposed to the Super?

lottocalgal,

YUP! I don't know what the exact numbers are or if the lotteries even release them to the public, but on most nights the Pick 5s probably get a lot less play.

Most lottery players start salivating like a dog when the jackpot hits $100 million. Ever notice once it does you see a lot more MM and PB commercials on TV? I'd venture to say the average jackpot chaser doesn't even know their state has a Pick 5, has never played it, or just ignores it.

Just look at the Forums right here on LP and comapre the number of Topics and Posts in Pick 5 versus Jackpot Games.

In Illinois, once Little Lotto starts getting pumped (starts at $100,000, tonight is $345,000) it progresses quickly but it's probably the same people playing it.

The most common payout is around $175,000 to one player.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2010, 3:36 am - IP Logged

"I don't know what the exact numbers are or if the lotteries evenrelease them to the public, but on most nights the Pick 5s probably geta lot less play."

You don't need official numbers from the lottery to get a decent idea of how many tickets are sold, if you know the odds and how many people win. Occasionally the winning numbers will be something that has results that don't match what probability predicts (such as the fortune cookie PB), but most results will do about what probability suggests for the prizes with lower odds and lots of winners.  Here are the most recent results, and the odds, from Florida (since it's the first google hit for fantasy five):

Fantasy 5:

3-of-5
                        $10.00
                        2-of-5

3-of-5
                        $10
                        $20
                        1:81.07
                        2-of-5
                        Free Ticket
                        Free Ticket
                        1:8.39

8.39 * 92,368 = 774,967.52     81.07* 9,361 = 758,896.27   It's a safe bet that there were about 750 to 780 thousand tickets sold. The prize with lower odds and more winners is more likely to do what probability suggests, so I'd guess that actual sales were closer to 775k, but the range is only a bit over 2% anyway. Now let's look at lotto:

4-of-6
                        3-of-6

The odds are 1 in 1,415.82 and 1 in 70.79.There's a lotto extra option (a multiplier), so there were 2,145 and 43,204 winners so we get  1,415.82 * 2,145 =  3,036,933.9  and 70.79 * 43,204 = 3,058,411.16. I'll note that the winning numbers were all high, so there may be fewer winners among those who pick their own numbers (obviously no birthday numbers, for instance), but assuming 70% or more were QP's, the results shouldn't be too far off. If anything, sales would have been a bit higher.

Those numbers suggest that lotto tickets outsell fantasy five pretty close to 4 to 1. I'm not going to bother looking at other dates or other states, but I expect the results will generally be  consistent.

United States
                          Member #83701
                          December 13, 2009
                          225 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2010, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Okay, so I was just noticing something.  States have their 5of 6 plus bonus games and the pick five ( or our Fantasy Five) games right?  Okay,  the 5/49 plus a bonus almost ALWAYS have 3 or 4 people win 5 without the bonus numbers. ,giving them a small share of around 20-30K, right?

Now, you take the Fantasy Five, which doesn't have a bonus number and only 39 numbers.  There is almost always ONLY one winner that wins the 50 to 350K jackpot. 

Can anyone explain why that is?  to me, I would think with better odds, you would have more 5 of 5 winners for Fantasy.  It is that kind of scenario that makes me wonder if the lottery outcome of games really are  manipulated somehow.  I have only seen   multiple Fantasy Fiive winners when there is a large jackpot like 300-400K.   I scratch my head and go Hmmmmm.

I hate to get all Conspiracy Theory about things  but I wonder.

Fewer people play the games with the lower jackpot values so the five numbers only draws tend to not sell as many tickets and hence not produce as many winners per draw.   For some reason people's attention are more drawn to a 100 million dollar jackpot then 23 thousand dollar jackpot.

Sorry, no conspiracy here.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10350 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

KY Floyd

Illinois posts these but the best you can do from this is a very vague ball park estimate. The previous night was a rollover and the jackpot went from $225,000 to $345,000 by noon the next day.

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 01 - 05 - 06 - 27 - 32

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                                INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            1
                             EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $345,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

201154    MEIJER GAS STATION #215     (QP)
                                             735 E BOUGHTON RD
                                             BOLINGBROOK/60440

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS            121
                            EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE               $100.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 5 NUMBERS          4,721
                             EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE                $10.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS         53,543
                             EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE                 $1.00

THE LITTLE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010 IS     $100,000

For copmparison, here's the reulsts for a night when the jackpot was $100,000, the start point;

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR SATURDAY, JANUARY 23, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 03 - 21 - 24 - 37 - 39

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            0
                             EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE                 $0.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS             66

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 5 NUMBERS          2,194

PLAYERS MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS         25,727

THE LITTLE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, 2010 IS     $150,000

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: January 29, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

KY Floyd

Illinois posts these but the best you can do from this is a very vague ball park estimate. The previous night was a rollover and the jackpot went from $225,000 to $345,000 by noon the next day.

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 01 - 05 - 06 - 27 - 32

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            1
                               EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $345,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

201154    MEIJER GAS STATION #215     (QP)
                                               735 E BOUGHTON RD
                                               BOLINGBROOK/60440

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS            121

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 5 NUMBERS          4,721

PLAYERS MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS         53,543

THE LITTLE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010 IS     $100,000

For copmparison, here's the reulsts for a night when the jackpot was $100,000, the start point;

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR SATURDAY, JANUARY 23, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 03 - 21 - 24 - 37 - 39

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            0
                               EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE                 $0.00

PLAYERS MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS             66

PLAYERS MATCHING 3 OF 5 NUMBERS          2,194

PLAYERS MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS         25,727

THE LITTLE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, 2010 IS     $150,000

Your lottery tells players if the tickets were self or QPs?  wow thats so cool.  Even though I plan to play my own numbers forever  I would love to know what type the CA winners were.