Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you consider a jinx?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2010, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Since rdgrnr opened the thread on quirky superstitions I thought maybe one on jinxes would be interesting.

In sports betting everyone has a jinx team, a team that they can't win a bet on whether they bet on them or against them.

Do you have anything you consider to be a lotto jinx?

I'd say one is when where you play the lottery doesn't have any playskips out for the game you intend to play. I know you can just tell the clerk the numbers but from my experience that's when mistakes happen.

Another is when you want to get your tickets and someone is bogarting the counter for one reason or another.

Another, when you just played a Pick 3 or 4 for evening and then see that it had hit for the Mid-day.

Yours?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
    Queens, NY
    United States
    Member #245
    April 15, 2002
    451 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2010, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe in jinxes. If you believe it, it will be.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

When my wife turns on the dadgum vacuum cleaner, any and all luck that happened to be present flies out the window like a big old bird. I might as well throw my ticket money away at that point if I was on my way out to get them. 

People with negative vibes can jinx you and being around the sound of a dadgum vacuum cleaner gives me negative vibes and makes me jinx myself.

Vacuum cleaners are the biggest jinx on the planet. Why do you think dogs hate them so much? Because they're evil, that's why! Some day my dogs and I will conspire to kill that infernal contraption when my wife is not around.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
        Park City, UT
        United States
        Member #69864
        January 18, 2009
        995 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Clowns standing in front of the convenience store I was about to purchase my lotto tickets from.  Especially clowns with green hair that is a double jinx.  The only way I have found to turn my luck around once this happens it to get 5 people in a circle and start singing "I wish I had feathered hair, ................I wish I had feathered hair, ..................where can I find me some hair like that" (to the tune of Jessie's Girl).  Of course your a complete noodle now because you can't get the tune out of your head.

Jimmy

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #85037
          January 7, 2010
          253 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't exactly call it a jinx but I refuse to do scratchoffs anywhere but my desk at home with a cup of coffee.   I do consider signing the back of a ticket before a draw to be a jinx though.

cheryl59's avatar - center
            Va Beach
            United States
            Member #46651
            September 20, 2006
            1866 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't exactly call it a jinx but I refuse to do scratchoffs anywhere but my desk at home with a cup of coffee.   I do consider signing the back of a ticket before a draw to be a jinx though.

If I go into the store to purchase my lottery tickets and the clerk behind the counter is in a bad mood and is mean ... I will not get my tickets there under any circumstances

from that store,   for me it ruins a good vibe... 

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

When my wife turns on the dadgum vacuum cleaner, any and all luck that happened to be present flies out the window like a big old bird. I might as well throw my ticket money away at that point if I was on my way out to get them. 

People with negative vibes can jinx you and being around the sound of a dadgum vacuum cleaner gives me negative vibes and makes me jinx myself.

Vacuum cleaners are the biggest jinx on the planet. Why do you think dogs hate them so much? Because they're evil, that's why! Some day my dogs and I will conspire to kill that infernal contraption when my wife is not around.

Coin, Some don't believe this...but having Negative People around, can and do affect the outcome of anything positive one is trying to do.  

I have a number of those around; mostly family members...when I see them coming I know I might as well just lay down and pray for nightfall and the next day, because this day is shot!!! shot to hell.ohhh... I say!!

In the Bible they tell us that  JESUS could do no Miracles in his home town! When he was going to bring back the little girl to life, he had to put people out of the room! All the Doubters had to go, Then HE performed this wondelful miracle!!

On the other hand; What you believe can greatly Alter your own Vibrations! So lets all Breath, positive vibes Yeah.....Send all the Jinxes runningSmileApproveSmileyEmbarassed

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                Member #81314
                October 16, 2009
                19464 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Hello:

I have a lot of them, lmaooooooooooooo

But, I'll give you the most recent one.  Wednesday night, Jan. 27th,  I played, a number that I've been waiting on for 2 years.

The number is 199, I got a quick pick, 189, so I played, 199 straight, 10 times, Wednesday night, they dropped, 117.  :-(

Thursday Midday, 199 dropped, I didn't have a $1.00 on it.

My friend called me, he plays too, that's his birthday, 919, he called my phone that morning, and didn't leave a message.

He just called and hung up?

So, that was my sign to play, 199.

I called him and cursed him out, said he jinxed me, and don't ever call me a again.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  42204 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Black cats. First i will say i am a devoted animal lover, but whenever i'm driving and a black cat crosses in front of me i feel jinxed, so then i have to try and reverse it by doing something good for 3 people. I think some people let the cats run lose on purpose just to cause other people bad luck. those people deserve a one way ticket to the tar pits.

HyperBe Happy.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    42204 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

no i'm not related to pumpi.

HyperBe Happy.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #85037
                      January 7, 2010
                      253 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Unhappy I have one solid black cat and 1 black and white cat.  they are both good cats. Blue Angel

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Coin, Some don't believe this...but having Negative People around, can and do affect the outcome of anything positive one is trying to do.  

I have a number of those around; mostly family members...when I see them coming I know I might as well just lay down and pray for nightfall and the next day, because this day is shot!!! shot to hell.ohhh... I say!!

In the Bible they tell us that  JESUS could do no Miracles in his home town! When he was going to bring back the little girl to life, he had to put people out of the room! All the Doubters had to go, Then HE performed this wondelful miracle!!

On the other hand; What you believe can greatly Alter your own Vibrations! So lets all Breath, positive vibes Yeah.....Send all the Jinxes runningSmileApproveSmileyEmbarassed

Rosina you're right,

A Prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5146 Posts

Since rdgrnr opened the thread on quirky superstitions I thought maybe one on jinxes would be interesting.

In sports betting everyone has a jinx team, a team that they can't win a bet on whether they bet on them or against them.

Do you have anything you consider to be a lotto jinx?

I'd say one is when where you play the lottery doesn't have any playskips out for the game you intend to play. I know you can just tell the clerk the numbers but from my experience that's when mistakes happen.

Another is when you want to get your tickets and someone is bogarting the counter for one reason or another.

Another, when you just played a Pick 3 or 4 for evening and then see that it had hit for the Mid-day.

Yours?

thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rdgrnr>>>>>>>>>>>DOGER>>>>>>>>>>UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

should have been in "DAYTONA">>>>>cold & wet>>>>>>>but,>>>>>>>>>>>warm women!!!!!!!!!!!!

psykomo

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                            Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #3023
                            December 14, 2003
                            4172 Posts

The first jinx is when the clerk destroys your playslip when putting it into the machine.

Jamming up the machine and then says "I'm sorry". Your not going to win!

The second jinx is when the clerk says "Good Luck" and you know by the voice,

that they don't mean it at all. Then you probably will not win, or win a small prize maybe.

I like the clerks that don't say anything other than the amount you owe them. Period.

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Rosina you're right,

A Prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.

AMEN rdgrnr, Let's move to Tajikistan!!Wink

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina