Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you consider a jinx?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #81843
October 31, 2009
856 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2010, 5:35 am - IP Logged

I don’t know if it’s a jinx, but the super-human multitasking thing gets old fast.

It’s just another way to screw things up better than you could try to prevent.

Like the clerk who gets your betslips mixed up and can’t remember which ones they ran. So now I hand them to over one at a time in a trade fashion.

I hear what some of you are saying about shagging off unbelief. It’s like when you are about to do something you know you can do and you get drilled about what are doing because it does not make sense to an observer. Then after explaining yourself away, you get dirty looks and a “whatever”. Best bet is to avoid the whole situation and if need be, get the unbelief out of the picture and get the results you know can be had. Why people who have no understanding of a thing can even question it being done right is beyond comprehension.

You just have to understand- that is why they do it.

I now tell them to watch and learn. My believing makes it happen.

Tiggs, having someone to believe with is the best thing in life!

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

You walk out of the store on a windy day and while sorting them out, you drop one.

So far happened to me twice, but so far I've caught them...

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2010, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

I don’t know if it’s a jinx, but the super-human multitasking thing gets old fast.

It’s just another way to screw things up better than you could try to prevent.

Like the clerk who gets your betslips mixed up and can’t remember which ones they ran. So now I hand them to over one at a time in a trade fashion.

I hear what some of you are saying about shagging off unbelief. It’s like when you are about to do something you know you can do and you get drilled about what are doing because it does not make sense to an observer. Then after explaining yourself away, you get dirty looks and a “whatever”. Best bet is to avoid the whole situation and if need be, get the unbelief out of the picture and get the results you know can be had. Why people who have no understanding of a thing can even question it being done right is beyond comprehension.

You just have to understand- that is why they do it.

I now tell them to watch and learn. My believing makes it happen.

Tiggs, having someone to believe with is the best thing in life!

I know about the clerks who get the betslips mixed up routine very well. I can deal with that OK if they are the least bit cooperative and don't get insulted when I want to hand them the playslips one at a time. But the really ignorant ones get an attitude and you can just feel the bad vibes soaking into your tickets when that happens, lol.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #26330
        November 16, 2005
        330 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2010, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't exactly believe in Jinxes....If it's your time it's your time.    However some things that IRK me if I'm at the store buying tickets are when the clerk bad mouths the lottery, when the clerk asks me to split the jackpot with them(esp. if they act like they won't print the ticket if I don't say yes...).   I also don't like it when I'm about to buy some tickets and the person in front of me takes forever deciding which numbers to play.

To balance all the negative I take it as a good omen when the clerk misprints a ticket or accidently prints an extra ticket as I have generally won some money on these tickets!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2010, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't exactly believe in Jinxes....If it's your time it's your time.    However some things that IRK me if I'm at the store buying tickets are when the clerk bad mouths the lottery, when the clerk asks me to split the jackpot with them(esp. if they act like they won't print the ticket if I don't say yes...).   I also don't like it when I'm about to buy some tickets and the person in front of me takes forever deciding which numbers to play.

To balance all the negative I take it as a good omen when the clerk misprints a ticket or accidently prints an extra ticket as I have generally won some money on these tickets!

petergrfn that's what I said in my post earlier but I use women as an example,not a good idea..I said they hem and haw about buying lottery tickets and have to dig in thier purse after about 10 minutes to decide what to buy and search for money to pay for the tickets,when I say tickets I mean on line ones and scratchoff ones..By the time she or HE has paid for the tickets the line is a mile long..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2010, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

It's probably a good thing you don't believe in jinxes petergrfn because things you believe in tend to manifest themselves more often.

I live in a semi self-imposed exile from society because of the things I believe in and have seen manifested too many times. Most human beings tend to drain the energy right out of me. I much prefer dogs. I'm not a recluse but I really don't have a need for any extensive interaction with Homo Sapiens'. I feel energized away from them in the woods with just my woman and my dogs.

I feel jinxed when people drain me.

That is not to say that there aren't people who actually energize me and who I enjoy being around. I was in a humongous crowd of people in the 9/12 march on Washington last year and I have to say I was pumped! I loved being with those people and will be going again this year.

So, I do believe in being jinxed but you're probably better off if you don't.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2010, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

It's probably a good thing you don't believe in jinxes petergrfn because things you believe in tend to manifest themselves more often.

I live in a semi self-imposed exile from society because of the things I believe in and have seen manifested too many times. Most human beings tend to drain the energy right out of me. I much prefer dogs. I'm not a recluse but I really don't have a need for any extensive interaction with Homo Sapiens'. I feel energized away from them in the woods with just my woman and my dogs.

I feel jinxed when people drain me.

That is not to say that there aren't people who actually energize me and who I enjoy being around. I was in a humongous crowd of people in the 9/12 march on Washington last year and I have to say I was pumped! I loved being with those people and will be going again this year.

So, I do believe in being jinxed but you're probably better off if you don't.

So that's why I feel so energized, when I read your thread, you are so real rdgrnr! and Funny, humorous, and wise, and.... oh let me stop berfore you think I want to borrow money! But I say what I mean!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

So that's why I feel so energized, when I read your thread, you are so real rdgrnr! and Funny, humorous, and wise, and.... oh let me stop berfore you think I want to borrow money! But I say what I mean!!

Lil' darlin', if I had any money I reckon I'd give you some. I feel positive vibes off of you.

Now when are you gonna post your picture on the photo album thread so I recognize you if I go to NYC for pizza or a hot dog sometime?

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Not lotto, but I've found this is always a jinx - you're in a Vegas sports book and make a bet, football, baseball, straight up, parlay, Over / Under, doesn't matter - and just as you get your ticket printed out and are leaving the person behind you bets the other side.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.