Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you consider a jinx?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
Illinois
United States
Member #82001
November 3, 2009
890 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Hello:

I have a lot of them, lmaooooooooooooo

But, I'll give you the most recent one.  Wednesday night, Jan. 27th,  I played, a number that I've been waiting on for 2 years.

The number is 199, I got a quick pick, 189, so I played, 199 straight, 10 times, Wednesday night, they dropped, 117.  :-(

Thursday Midday, 199 dropped, I didn't have a $1.00 on it.

My friend called me, he plays too, that's his birthday, 919, he called my phone that morning, and didn't leave a message.

He just called and hung up?

So, that was my sign to play, 199.

I called him and cursed him out, said he jinxed me, and don't ever call me a again.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Your post reminded me of something. Don't know if it's a jinx or not but I only play the midday in Pick3/4. I never seem to win at the evening draw so don't even bother with it anymore.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Well Coin,

Im not sure if this is jinx,  but the store where I USED to get my ticket  is now a place where I never get them.  Why? 

Because I notice for quite some time that the clerk is angry, not at me but he has that dry negative aura like he doesnt want to be there anymore.  I stopped going ( even though the store hit a $65K  in2007)  because  i didn't want him touching my ticket with his negative energy hands.  besides, the address didn't add up to "8" so I stopped going.

haveagreatday!'s avatar - wired shell.jpg
      Fairfax, VA
      United States
      Member #68163
      December 14, 2008
      15 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

'Good Luck' is bad luck for me.  I don't return to clerks who say 'good luck.'

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Women who jump in line to buy lotto tickets at the store or at the race track..They hem and haw about what to buy..They act like there buying a house.."Let's see what kind of scratch-off should I buy,let me see".."What one should I buy Mr/Mrs/Miss clerk?..What has been lucky latley?"..Then they have to open thier purse and search around for money..By the time they buy the ticket the line behind me is a mile long..They should know what they want and have thier money in hand when they walk up to the counter..Jinx!!!..Gosh I wonder if I'll get any responses this time..

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22937 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2010, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Women who jump in line to buy lotto tickets at the store or at the race track..They hem and haw about what to buy..They act like there buying a house.."Let's see what kind of scratch-off should I buy,let me see".."What one should I buy Mr/Mrs/Miss clerk?..What has been lucky latley?"..Then they have to open thier purse and search around for money..By the time they buy the ticket the line behind me is a mile long..They should know what they want and have thier money in hand when they walk up to the counter..Jinx!!!..Gosh I wonder if I'll get any responses this time..

tiggs, now..I've seen this side before and it got you into hot water Big Smile I'll agree with you though...people need to stop talking about the weather,

the family, the 2's, the price of eggs, the guy that lives down the lane, the woman who goes and visits him, their back, their hospital stay, the

bill for the hospital stay, the scruffy guy at church who they don't know is loaded, the President, the Mayor and the town idiot..There's a place

for all of this and it's NOT at the lottery machine..get the clerk involved in the everyday nonsense and the clerk forgets what he's there for..to run

numbers...not talk, not be distracted, not make mistakes, not stop what he's doing to say: Hey Bill, how's it going until Bill has his turn in line. Then

make it snappy at that...get Bill out, get me in and don't talk to me.

All this is a waste of my time because I want to get in and get out and get home and get ready. That's it.

The jinx is the lottery shop that's acting like the watering hole. Call me anti-social but I'm not...it's just I like to get down to the business at hand..

and that doesn't involve waiting for someone to figure out what they should have known before they came into the store or talking about how

their week went.

haveagreatday!'s avatar - wired shell.jpg
            Fairfax, VA
            United States
            Member #68163
            December 14, 2008
            15 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm not one of those women.  But I am very conscious of those clerks that say, "good luck"

Real gamblers say, "Have a great day!" (hence my name here)

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

tiggs, now..I've seen this side before and it got you into hot water Big Smile I'll agree with you though...people need to stop talking about the weather,

the family, the 2's, the price of eggs, the guy that lives down the lane, the woman who goes and visits him, their back, their hospital stay, the

bill for the hospital stay, the scruffy guy at church who they don't know is loaded, the President, the Mayor and the town idiot..There's a place

for all of this and it's NOT at the lottery machine..get the clerk involved in the everyday nonsense and the clerk forgets what he's there for..to run

numbers...not talk, not be distracted, not make mistakes, not stop what he's doing to say: Hey Bill, how's it going until Bill has his turn in line. Then

All this is a waste of my time because I want to get in and get out and get home and get ready. That's it.

The jinx is the lottery shop that's acting like the watering hole. Call me anti-social but I'm not...it's just I like to get down to the business at hand..

and that doesn't involve waiting for someone to figure out what they should have known before they came into the store or talking about how

their week went.

dr65 GREAT POST..You are one cool mama..Thanks for what you posteded and hope others read it and heed it..Later..

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm not one of those women.  But I am very conscious of those clerks that say, "good luck"

Real gamblers say, "Have a great day!" (hence my name here)

Hey! Hey I know you!!  You are me! Well no.. but I am so much in agreement with you said that it is.. as if I wrote it. "Havea great day makes me"Sun Smiley shine!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2010, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

'Good Luck' is bad luck for me.  I don't return to clerks who say 'good luck.'

They see the back of my head, and that is the last they see of me!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2010, 5:06 am - IP Logged

their week went.

Agreed dr65. I had that very experience in VA yesterday buying my monthly tickets.

The clerk was babbling with someone for 5 minutes while I'm waiting in line, then continues babbling with him after she rings him up and starts running my playslips. I had to interrupt their conversation in order to get her to give me the proper draws on my tickets (and she got an attitude about it, like I was being rude). She then screwed up and didn't run one of the playslips and had to go through the tickets to find out which one it was.

That was my first and last time in that store.

Oh, and the subject of her conversation? How stupid it is to play the lottery! "Do you know what the odds are?"  "I've never played and never will." "I work too hard for my money to throw it away like that." 

If that didn't jinx me for the month I don't know what will, LOL!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22937 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2010, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Agreed dr65. I had that very experience in VA yesterday buying my monthly tickets.

The clerk was babbling with someone for 5 minutes while I'm waiting in line, then continues babbling with him after she rings him up and starts running my playslips. I had to interrupt their conversation in order to get her to give me the proper draws on my tickets (and she got an attitude about it, like I was being rude). She then screwed up and didn't run one of the playslips and had to go through the tickets to find out which one it was.

That was my first and last time in that store.

Oh, and the subject of her conversation? How stupid it is to play the lottery! "Do you know what the odds are?"  "I've never played and never will." "I work too hard for my money to throw it away like that." 

If that didn't jinx me for the month I don't know what will, LOL!

rdgrnr lol! Yeah, don't you just love it? I don't get it..clerks acting like royalty or something, like their time is valuable and whatever they're doing

at the time is way more important than what any of us need or want or want to bother them with at the moment. That attitude needs an injection

of happy syrum and their views on the lottery need to stay in their closed yap...at least while working behind the LOTTERY counter.

I hope you win your states JACKPOT and go and show that lady how you *wasted* your money! Banana

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

For scratcher players, scratching tickets with anything but a quarter.

One of the places where we play is part of a large grocery chain. there's a guy named Larry at the service counter that knows the lotto players and takes care of them. So we call him "Lucky Larry". The thing is, I don't think I've ever won more than $1 when Larry runs the tickets.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: February 2, 2010, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

For scratcher players, scratching tickets with anything but a quarter.

One of the places where we play is part of a large grocery chain. there's a guy named Larry at the service counter that knows the lotto players and takes care of them. So we call him "Lucky Larry". The thing is, I don't think I've ever won more than $1 when Larry runs the tickets.

"Lucky Larry"..Man Coin Toss I worked and gambeld with a great friend of mine named Larry and I called him Lucky Larry..We would go to the dog track in Florida all the time..Larry died about 5 years ago but you just saying Lucky Larry brought back memories..Thanks..Seems like all my friends have died..I'm all alone..:(...

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

"Lucky Larry"..Man Coin Toss I worked and gambeld with a great friend of mine named Larry and I called him Lucky Larry..We would go to the dog track in Florida all the time..Larry died about 5 years ago but you just saying Lucky Larry brought back memories..Thanks..Seems like all my friends have died..I'm all alone..:(...

Don't say you are all alone tiggs! you have your Wife, and you have your friend Rosina to  fight with and annoy as much as you like! And your fellow LPers

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2010, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Don't say you are all alone tiggs! you have your Wife, and you have your friend Rosina to  fight with and annoy as much as you like! And your fellow LPers

Been married 47 years and yes I have a wife and a great one..She saved me when I was 21..Guess you might say I'm blessed..I don't know how she did it but she did..I do have friends here in lotto land and you are one of the best..Nitey nite..