Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Your bill is $6.66

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Do you buy something else to change it, do you play it?

Read Rev 13:18 now! [ 1 ]  [1.49%]
That freaks me out [ 7 ]  [10.45%]
It's just a number [ 24 ]  [35.82%]
It's just a number muhahaha! [ 9 ]  [13.43%]
It's unlucky to be superstitious [ 2 ]  [2.99%]
Hey, it's lucky in China [ 4 ]  [5.97%]
I've played it [ 16 ]  [23.88%]
Can't play it [ 1 ]  [1.49%]
616 is worse* [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other [ 3 ]  [4.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 67 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40420 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

PLAY IT ...6 TIMES

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2010, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

And then turn it upside-down 999 and Play It Again!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2010, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

666 doesn't bother me.  I don't really think the numerical value, either as six hundred sixty-six, or as six-six-six, is in any way evil.  The Bible says it's the number of the beast, but I think that's because when it's written in Hebrew it looks like one of the names of God.  In Hebrew, letters are used as numerals, and the letter vav is used for 6.  Vav-vav-vav is a way of referring to God.  It also looks like the letter shin, which God used to "write His name" in the location where Jerusalem was to be built (three valleys form the letter in the landscape).  I think what 666 refers to is that the beast will "look like" God and people will follow him thinking he is God, but, of course, he isn't.  I don't think God meant to condemn the number as evil.

That said, I did once buy a lottery ticket when my total was $7.77 in a store that sells tickets.  I'm not anti-superstition.  The ticket was a loser, though.  I think a better approach is to buy a ticket when my balance is $6.77, so it will be $7.77 including the ticket.  That way the supposedly lucky number includes the ticket, instead of the ticket taking away the lucky number.

Longarm, Its true that in Hebrew, letters have numerical Value.  That is precisely why GOD'S name would not have the same number as the number of the Beast, which is the number of The AntyChrist! Rev:chapter 13 verse 15,16,17,18:"Let him that have understanding coun the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man, and his number is Six hundred threescore and six" (666) 

The Name of GOD in Hebrew is YaH HA VaH, (YHVH) or some mistakenly write (YHW) Since the numbers and letters mean HE WAS, HE IS and HE WILL BE    His name is Unpronounceable Because in the Hebrew Alphabet the Letter "A" is= Aleph  and it is silent! THis is not an Accident Because The NAME OF GOD HIS HOLY, he will not permit man to use the name blasphemously! for their sake.  and yes,  I would buy a pick3 666.   Stay Blessed.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
        Northern Virginia
        United States
        Member #83350
        December 5, 2009
        1315 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2010, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Since taxijohn gave us the thread about the lotto play coming to $13 I thought we'd domone on this.

Let's say you pick up just a couple of things at the store or go for coffee and donuts and it rings up $6.66

Do you play it?

Do you buy one more thing to get it off of there?

Do you play it?

*9. Some churches teach that the nnumber in Revelation 13:18 should be 616, not 666, that the gematria was wrong. And 616 was Nero.

That's really interesting:

Virginia 01/03/10 night: 616

Virginia 01/04/10 night: 666

So, either way an unlucky number would have won on my birthday this year, and here is why: I am a South African of Dutch / German descent. My family had been in South Africa for many generations. I was born in South Africa but lived there for only the first two years of my life. We moved to California in late 1987 and then to Virginia at the end of 1991. I was born at 12:20 in the morning on January 4. Had my parents moved to America three years earlier, my birthday would have been January 3.

Also, the first Apple computers sold for $666.

However, I'd take Nero over Satan any day.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2010, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Very very weird, I just mailed out an envelope by certified mail today in the amount of $6.66--things that make you go hmmmWink--is this a sign or something???

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2010, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

........the lottery make people paranoid with numbers.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22891 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Very very weird, I just mailed out an envelope by certified mail today in the amount of $6.66--things that make you go hmmmWink--is this a sign or something???

Just might be Dollar...don't forget to flip it - 666 - 999

Good luck!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10350 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

........the lottery make people paranoid with numbers.

With paranoia you never have to dine alone!

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #54390
                  August 17, 2007
                  313 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2010, 10:52 am - IP Logged

MICHIGAN DAILY 3 2/10/2010: 999

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49699 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2010, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Just might be Dollar...don't forget to flip it - 666 - 999

Good luck!

Hurray! We Called It! Thumbs Up

Another one is 222: Turn it upside-down and Play 555 too!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10350 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Since we're disc ussing trip-sixes, from Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird:

A 20-year veteran Houston cop who wears badge number 666 told theHouston Chronicle in a December profile that once, 17 years ago, adangerous perp who had been defiant that he would not be capturedsuddenly dropped to his knees and surrendered. He had glanced at thebadge. Said he, "I ain't fighting the devil."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: February 11, 2010, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I just drove by this morning and saw a car with Calif. License "666"; again is this a sign???Wink

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40420 Posts
                          Posted: February 11, 2010, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

play it 6 times.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10350 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2010, 12:02 am - IP Logged

US 491 used to be US 666. Read on:

Highway 666 is a road that runs fromUtah, through New Mexico to Southwestern Colorado. The section of thehighway that’s runs through New Mexico is supposedly a place of manyspirits that haunt motorists daily. This is not surprising due to thefact that the number of Satan as written in the bible is 666. Anapparition of a car apparently drives motorists off the road, only onnights with a full moon, a crazed man in a tractor trailer tries to runpeople over, and a pack of ghost dogs have allegedly run across carsand cut the tires with these sharp teeth.

The most known legends and stories toldabout this section of the highway are the ghost hitchhikers. Twoexamples of these occurrences are one girl tries to get cars to stopfor her, and when they do stop she vanishes. Another girl runs acrossthe highway in front of cars and when the car is about to hit, shevanishes as well.

These ghosts out on this road don’tseem too friendly at all, and quite frankly I think if I ever do findmyself in New Mexico, I’ll pass on the possible catastrophe that theseghosts cause. Drive at your own risk!

(Source: Cohen, Daniel. Hauntings and Horrors. 2002.)

From paranormalknowledge.com

Lep

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2010, 1:57 am - IP Logged

US 491 used to be US 666. Read on:

Highway 666 is a road that runs fromUtah, through New Mexico to Southwestern Colorado. The section of thehighway that’s runs through New Mexico is supposedly a place of manyspirits that haunt motorists daily. This is not surprising due to thefact that the number of Satan as written in the bible is 666. Anapparition of a car apparently drives motorists off the road, only onnights with a full moon, a crazed man in a tractor trailer tries to runpeople over, and a pack of ghost dogs have allegedly run across carsand cut the tires with these sharp teeth.

The most known legends and stories toldabout this section of the highway are the ghost hitchhikers. Twoexamples of these occurrences are one girl tries to get cars to stopfor her, and when they do stop she vanishes. Another girl runs acrossthe highway in front of cars and when the car is about to hit, shevanishes as well.

These ghosts out on this road don’tseem too friendly at all, and quite frankly I think if I ever do findmyself in New Mexico, I’ll pass on the possible catastrophe that theseghosts cause. Drive at your own risk!

(Source: Cohen, Daniel. Hauntings and Horrors. 2002.)

From paranormalknowledge.com

I drove the NM part of 666 a couple times before they changed the number.

It's mostly in the Navajo Nation if I recall. Long, lonely, desolate drive thru the desert.  Didn't see any ghosts though! lol

Not the kind of place you'd want to break down in at night though.

Although not much of that area is a good place to break down anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke