Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Non-lottery forum poll

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Are you in favor for a forum about non-lottery topics?

Yes [ 16 ]  [42.11%]
No [ 19 ]  [50.00%]
Don't know [ 3 ]  [7.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2010, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I think it is a great idea joker...we need a place to talk, laugh and unwind with people we already have similar hobbies with.

That's right. It's not like we're trying to steal the show. Most people will still be in the lottery forums, but once in a while, they might want to break the monotony.

Face it.....Just about every lottery topic from A-Z has been discussed several times over since the inception of LP. A lot of the same questions and possibile outcomes have been raised by newbies over and over and over, which are only referred by Raven...lol........to a link in the search pages, mentioned as the "Search feature is your friend".....lol

1. What will you do if you win?

2. Now you bought 437 tickets...now what?

3. Should I pay the taxes?

4. Is Steve Player any good?

5. Is there any system out there that wins consistenetly?

6. Does your brain fry after a win?

I can go on....lol

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

But you'd still like to see him drawn and quartered just for kicks, right?

Get with the times. We have better modern day torture devices, which will eclipse your idea of quartering limbs.

If you were smart and wanted to really get me good, you'd lock me up in the basement with an Insurance Saleseman. That's hell on earth baby !

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

joker17,

You didn't mention quick picks or not and cash option vs annuity.......

But since you had the chutzpah to bring this up I have to mention maybe splitting the Mystical forum into Things Mystical and Dream Number Requests.

Talk about topics getting buried. Yeah, I know, you can search for your own threads, and such, but anything that isn't a dream requests gets buried so fast that anyone clicking on active topics just isn't going to see them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1955 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Why wouldn't it be wanted?

At times, not always, but at times, off topic forums remind me of high school, sometimes junior high school.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:25 am - IP Logged

joker17,

But since you had the chutzpah to bring this up I have to mention maybe splitting the Mystical forum into Things Mystical and Dream Number Requests.

Talk about topics getting buried. Yeah, I know, you can search for your own threads, and such, but anything that isn't a dream requests gets buried so fast that anyone clicking on active topics just isn't going to see them.

I know, I left a quite bit out....lol Didn't have the time or energy to cover all the topics...lol

The Mystical forum like others are prediction and interpretation forums. It is what it is. Maybe the non-lottery forum will fill in the gaps, and someone will post a Mystical topic which will make folks engage in a conversation, rather than only dream interpretations.

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:30 am - IP Logged

At times, not always, but at times, off topic forums remind me of high school, sometimes junior high school.

That's interesting. Good point. Thanx for explaining.

But that already happens in the forums now....lol....Nothing new ! 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1955 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

That's interesting. Good point. Thanx for explaining.

But that already happens in the forums now....lol....Nothing new ! 

I understand that, but throwing in off topic makes that number go up exponentially.

Gonna win.Big Smile

California
                United States
                Member #61514
                May 25, 2008
                67 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

joker17,

This I would love.  Every time I wander in there, I see some interesting topics, but when I click on them it's just numbers.  Yawn.

Already regretting delurking...

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22978 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Lottery Post is fine just as it is. I'm not interested in potential conversations about the price of gas today, the price of electric tomorrow, what

someone did or saw after they got their numbers, what tax hike is on the horizon or how much money is being pumped into the space program.

It's a headache waiting to happen. It would have to be sub-titled Days of Our Lives.....I've seen some of the trouble people can get into just

talking moonshine, politics, ex-wives, 4 dollar or whatever it is, luck Thumbs Up, philosophies on this, that and everything else...the more you know, the

more you take for granted, the more you want to know and then you find out you didn't want to know in the first place and would have been much

better off not knowing. People sometimes take too much information and misuse it, abuse it, reword it, twist it or carry it on too far.

Right now, we talk about numbers...how can that be boring if that's the common bond here? Blogs are for people to talk up whatever they want.

Blogs are for newsbits, tidbits and gossipbits. Blogs serve their purpose well. I for one, do not want to get into what doesn't fit the reason I

became a member...for numbers, information on numbers, stats, results, joining others with a common interest in the numbers games.

Right now anyone can pretty much mention almost anything they want on the threads...if they want to talk about all the snow some were hit

with, they do...if they want to throw in a little mention of a sports game score, they can...

I do not see any use in expanding what is already here. There is a lottery discussion forum which is often used as the forum you'd like to see

created. A permanent *chat* room forum isn't interesting to me at all.

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:42 am - IP Logged

dr65

Most every discussion board I've seen has an Anything Goes Forum.

And I've never seen anyone force anyone else to participate in such a forum.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22978 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:52 am - IP Logged

That's exactly what I said...so IMO we do not need another for just *anything goes* - it already does.

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10354 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Re-read the OP.

As joker said, items in blogs tend to get buried.

And quite often people post something non-lotto and are told to blog it.

If there is an Anything Goes forum created and you don't want to participate no one is going to male you.

Most people on boards click on Active Topics, New Posts, whatever it may be called on any board and that's about as far as they go.

Lep

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:35 am - IP Logged

I believe this has been brought up a couple times before and Todd has said no. It would mean a lot of extra work for him and my guess is it would be a hassel. People get heated when the topics of religion, politics, etc. get brought up (all you have to do is check out some of the past new stories and read the comments when politics gets brought into the conversation) and I really doubt he wants to spend his extra time dealing with that. I'm not trying to speak for him, but he has responed before as to why there isn't an off-topic section.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: February 22, 2010, 8:03 am - IP Logged

Todd would need 24 hour monitoring on an all topics forum. I visit news article comment daily and what I see there is horrendous. With comments I have seen on news articles about the President and washington politics you will have the feds monitoring this site 24/7. That would include the secret service.

Having an all topics forum here would draw in members that are not lottery interested. They would stray from the all topics forum to the lottery forums and harass lottery members. Some people out there just like to be sarcastic and antagonistic.

MAGA

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I voted "No"   Here's why. Most of the time the original "lottery" topic gets changed to something else anyway.  A thread gets started  people respond then someone tells a joke or something and someone  thens response to that instead of the original thread.  We already have non related forums  here, its just "unofficial".  Id rather talk about lottery related topics here. There are many sites around the web for "general" topics.  I dont use LP for the other resources available.  Its the lottery conversation that I look forward to.
                              Just my personal opinion.