Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Non-lottery forum poll

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Are you in favor for a forum about non-lottery topics?

Yes [ 16 ]  [42.11%]
No [ 19 ]  [50.00%]
Don't know [ 3 ]  [7.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Lottery Post is fine just as it is. I'm not interested in potential conversations about the price of gas today, the price of electric tomorrow, what

someone did or saw after they got their numbers, what tax hike is on the horizon or how much money is being pumped into the space program.

It's a headache waiting to happen. It would have to be sub-titled Days of Our Lives.....I've seen some of the trouble people can get into just

talking moonshine, politics, ex-wives, 4 dollar or whatever it is, luck Thumbs Up, philosophies on this, that and everything else...the more you know, the

more you take for granted, the more you want to know and then you find out you didn't want to know in the first place and would have been much

better off not knowing. People sometimes take too much information and misuse it, abuse it, reword it, twist it or carry it on too far.

Right now, we talk about numbers...how can that be boring if that's the common bond here? Blogs are for people to talk up whatever they want.

Blogs are for newsbits, tidbits and gossipbits. Blogs serve their purpose well. I for one, do not want to get into what doesn't fit the reason I

became a member...for numbers, information on numbers, stats, results, joining others with a common interest in the numbers games.

Right now anyone can pretty much mention almost anything they want on the threads...if they want to talk about all the snow some were hit

with, they do...if they want to throw in a little mention of a sports game score, they can...

I do not see any use in expanding what is already here. There is a lottery discussion forum which is often used as the forum you'd like to see

created. A permanent *chat* room forum isn't interesting to me at all.

The price of gas here in Ky today is 2.52 at Krogers for regular..We get a discount and it cost us only 2.42..WOW!!..This info is for you dr65..:)..Glad to help you out..:):)

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49813 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I don't know what John Daniels is but if you're buyin' I'll have one!

I'm stuck with tequila tonight anyway. The Baptists won't let me buy Jack on Sunday.

He may be Jack Daniels to you, but when you've known him as long as I have you call him John Daniels! LOL!

Belly Up, and enjoy...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I don't know what John Daniels is but if you're buyin' I'll have one!

I'm stuck with tequila tonight anyway. The Baptists won't let me buy Jack on Sunday.

Plan ahead..

Lahore
        Pakistan
        Member #85736
        January 22, 2010
        16 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I hope after some time there will be a good news for all of us.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I voted "No"   Here's why. Most of the time the original "lottery" topic gets changed to something else anyway.  A thread gets started  people respond then someone tells a joke or something and someone  thens response to that instead of the original thread.  We already have non related forums  here, its just "unofficial".  Id rather talk about lottery related topics here. There are many sites around the web for "general" topics.  I dont use LP for the other resources available.  Its the lottery conversation that I look forward to.
          Just my personal opinion.

lottocalgal,

True, it's common on any board for threads to get "hijacked".

It's pretty common here though that even the greatest discussions lose their steam because they get ignored or pushed aside when any one mentions "I have a system".

87,352 members here as of this morning, of course they don't all post, but for as many here claiming to have s sytem and as many jackpots hit - oh wait, there haven't been any - speaks volumes.

When I first got to LP I posted a question about why there were (at the time) three times as many threads in Mystical as Mathematical. Someone replied that here on LP people werre more aware of such things. But strip the dream requests out of Mystical and there's not much else there.It's really a shame too, because it's kind of a wasted opportunity for people to swap knoledge about numerology, astrology, and other such things. But such topics die off at every single attempt becuase another 125 people want a dream number.

I'm all for lottery conversations and actual discussions. Re-read the OP that joker startedd this thread with.

One of the most entertaining things here is people having discussions about what they are going to do with multi-millions they haven't won, i.e., that they don't have.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49813 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:11 am - IP Logged

That's right. It's not like we're trying to steal the show. Most people will still be in the lottery forums, but once in a while, they might want to break the monotony.

Face it.....Just about every lottery topic from A-Z has been discussed several times over since the inception of LP. A lot of the same questions and possibile outcomes have been raised by newbies over and over and over, which are only referred by Raven...lol........to a link in the search pages, mentioned as the "Search feature is your friend".....lol

1. What will you do if you win?

2. Now you bought 437 tickets...now what?

3. Should I pay the taxes?

4. Is Steve Player any good?

5. Is there any system out there that wins consistenetly?

6. Does your brain fry after a win?

I can go on....lol

Lottery Post Forums Search is Your Friend: (LOL!)

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/161582/886181

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/171256/987791

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/187597/1201630

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/195918/1336433

Do you really want more of this?
            http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/110263/357341

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I could very well be misunderstanding all this but, I thought that's what the "Mystical" part of the forum is for. Also, there seems to be a live chat available to discuss whatever you want I suppose. I don't see what developing a specific forum to discuss "generic topics" will accomplish. I personally like talking lotto. I mean, this is the LOTTERY POST.

L.L.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                CA
                United States
                Member #57222
                December 23, 2007
                587 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

lottocalgal,

True, it's common on any board for threads to get "hijacked".

It's pretty common here though that even the greatest discussions lose their steam because they get ignored or pushed aside when any one mentions "I have a system".

87,352 members here as of this morning, of course they don't all post, but for as many here claiming to have s sytem and as many jackpots hit - oh wait, there haven't been any - speaks volumes.

When I first got to LP I posted a question about why there were (at the time) three times as many threads in Mystical as Mathematical. Someone replied that here on LP people werre more aware of such things. But strip the dream requests out of Mystical and there's not much else there.It's really a shame too, because it's kind of a wasted opportunity for people to swap knoledge about numerology, astrology, and other such things. But such topics die off at every single attempt becuase another 125 people want a dream number.

I'm all for lottery conversations and actual discussions. Re-read the OP that joker startedd this thread with.

One of the most entertaining things here is people having discussions about what they are going to do with multi-millions they haven't won, i.e., that they don't have.

Lep

"One of the most entertaining things here is people having discussions about what they are going to do with multi-millions they haven't won, i.e., that they don't have."

But Coin, 

I actually see that kind of discussion as still in the lottery  category.   But Youre right about the mystical stuff.  I don't visit it much because of that.     But I like the conversations about lottery winnings and what ifs and especially the news stuff.  Thats why I asked for a page specifically for " winners"  like  $1000 and above .  I think that would be fun to see.   (makes me feel safe knowing that "real people"  do really win)  Like  yesturday, on a whim I bought a $2 scratcher and won $50.  ( I know its small but a great profit) In stead of buying more tickets, I went grocery shopping.    It felt great.  I cashed it in at the grocery store then gave it all back ( + $7) I like stories like that.

Maybe i'm unique because I don't require the majority of the services available--just basic lottery conversation and news stories.

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49813 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I could very well be misunderstanding all this but, I thought that's what the "Mystical" part of the forum is for. Also, there seems to be a live chat available to discuss whatever you want I suppose. I don't see what developing a specific forum to discuss "generic topics" will accomplish. I personally like talking lotto. I mean, this is the LOTTERY POST.

L.L.

Well Said!

Mystical Discussion Forum:
                  The opposite of scientific and mathematical: Mystical discussion centers on topics such as meditation, visualization, dreams, psychic powers, astrology, metaphysical, and the supernatural.

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:39 am - IP Logged

"One of the most entertaining things here is people having discussions about what they are going to do with multi-millions they haven't won, i.e., that they don't have."

But Coin, 

I actually see that kind of discussion as still in the lottery  category.   But Youre right about the mystical stuff.  I don't visit it much because of that.     But I like the conversations about lottery winnings and what ifs and especially the news stuff.  Thats why I asked for a page specifically for " winners"  like  $1000 and above .  I think that would be fun to see.   (makes me feel safe knowing that "real people"  do really win)  Like  yesturday, on a whim I bought a $2 scratcher and won $50.  ( I know its small but a great profit) In stead of buying more tickets, I went grocery shopping.    It felt great.  I cashed it in at the grocery store then gave it all back ( + $7) I like stories like that.

Maybe i'm unique because I don't require the majority of the services available--just basic lottery conversation and news stories.

Congratulations on that $50 scratch off!!!! That's one heck of a profit!!!

L.L.

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Lottery Post is fine just as it is. I'm not interested in potential conversations about the price of gas today, the price of electric tomorrow, what

someone did or saw after they got their numbers, what tax hike is on the horizon or how much money is being pumped into the space program.

It's a headache waiting to happen. It would have to be sub-titled Days of Our Lives.....I've seen some of the trouble people can get into just

talking moonshine, politics, ex-wives, 4 dollar or whatever it is, luck Thumbs Up, philosophies on this, that and everything else...the more you know, the

more you take for granted, the more you want to know and then you find out you didn't want to know in the first place and would have been much

better off not knowing. People sometimes take too much information and misuse it, abuse it, reword it, twist it or carry it on too far.

Right now, we talk about numbers...how can that be boring if that's the common bond here? Blogs are for people to talk up whatever they want.

Blogs are for newsbits, tidbits and gossipbits. Blogs serve their purpose well. I for one, do not want to get into what doesn't fit the reason I

became a member...for numbers, information on numbers, stats, results, joining others with a common interest in the numbers games.

Right now anyone can pretty much mention almost anything they want on the threads...if they want to talk about all the snow some were hit

with, they do...if they want to throw in a little mention of a sports game score, they can...

I do not see any use in expanding what is already here. There is a lottery discussion forum which is often used as the forum you'd like to see

Awwww, come on dr65. Don't you wanna talk about what's going on in Afghanistan everyday? Hey, KFC has a new grilled chicken menu!!! LOL!!!!

L.L.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Oh well, I tried.

Ok, let's go back to how you would  spend 50 trillion dollars that you don't have. I just don't seem to remember what the first 3,000 responses in the 47 similar threads to this was....lol

Surrender

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23275 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Suggestions forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

CJR100's avatar - anime09

United States
                            Member #76247
                            June 22, 2009
                            2144 Posts
                            Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I would like to see a forum dedicated to "Discussion of the Numbers" 

Many of the threads have people throwing out numbers with no backup, no reason not even a why.

And mind you there is nothing wrong that style not everyone wants to share how they came up thier set of numbers 

There are a lot of people like myself that joined (and there are some people that have not joined but are reading the threads) the post to learn from some of the heavy hitters those that have been in the game a long time and have a "wealth of knowledge"

and are willing to pass it on

If you look at some of the older threads in many cases they actually discussed the numbers , went into detail about the number I mean they broke it down and in some cases told you why you were way off target so as not to waste your money

If I wanted to shoot the breeze I could do that anywhere

but when it comes to numbers people that understand them are hard to find & that is why I joined the lottery post

THERE IS ONLY 1 " LOTTERY POST".    Cheers

Wink CJR~

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8364 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Oh well, I tried.

Ok, let's go back to how you would  spend 50 trillion dollars that you don't have. I just don't seem to remember what the first 3,000 responses in the 47 similar threads to this was....lol

Surrender

Pac I'm mean joker

Heres's a thread you could start.

If you could meet with lottery personel, the director or any of his/her staff what questions would you like to ask or have answered.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been brought up yet.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.