Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Non-lottery forum poll

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Are you in favor for a forum about non-lottery topics?

Yes [ 16 ]  [42.11%]
No [ 19 ]  [50.00%]
Don't know [ 3 ]  [7.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #14
November 9, 2001
31339 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Post is fine just as it is. I'm not interested in potential conversations about the price of gas today, the price of electric tomorrow, what

someone did or saw after they got their numbers, what tax hike is on the horizon or how much money is being pumped into the space program.

It's a headache waiting to happen. It would have to be sub-titled Days of Our Lives.....I've seen some of the trouble people can get into just

talking moonshine, politics, ex-wives, 4 dollar or whatever it is, luck Thumbs Up, philosophies on this, that and everything else...the more you know, the

more you take for granted, the more you want to know and then you find out you didn't want to know in the first place and would have been much

better off not knowing. People sometimes take too much information and misuse it, abuse it, reword it, twist it or carry it on too far.

Right now, we talk about numbers...how can that be boring if that's the common bond here? Blogs are for people to talk up whatever they want.

Blogs are for newsbits, tidbits and gossipbits. Blogs serve their purpose well. I for one, do not want to get into what doesn't fit the reason I

became a member...for numbers, information on numbers, stats, results, joining others with a common interest in the numbers games.

Right now anyone can pretty much mention almost anything they want on the threads...if they want to talk about all the snow some were hit

with, they do...if they want to throw in a little mention of a sports game score, they can...

I do not see any use in expanding what is already here. There is a lottery discussion forum which is often used as the forum you'd like to see

created. A permanent *chat* room forum isn't interesting to me at all.

I'm with you 100%.

love to nibble those micey feet.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I respect everyone who responded negatively to the proposal in this topic and their opinions but it raises a question in my mind.

If this off topic banter is something you don't like seeing; what would be the harm of having a forum for it where you could choose to avoid it?

I don't have a mind for numbers per se and don't particularly enjoy reading posts about mathematical equations and possibilities and such but I can't imagine objecting to a forum for that purpose just because I don't enjoy that kind of thing. I'm glad the Math Forum is there. I never go there but all those posts I wouldn't understand are there and I don't have to wade through them on other forums that are more in line with my interests.

I think an alternative forum would go a long ways to clean up some of the things you might not like seeing in the dedicated forums now. It just seems to me to be counterproductive to your interests to be against it. Let it be in a separate forum and then don't go there.

Just my opinion.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I respect everyone who responded negatively to the proposal in this topic and their opinions but it raises a question in my mind.

If this off topic banter is something you don't like seeing; what would be the harm of having a forum for it where you could choose to avoid it?

I don't have a mind for numbers per se and don't particularly enjoy reading posts about mathematical equations and possibilities and such but I can't imagine objecting to a forum for that purpose just because I don't enjoy that kind of thing. I'm glad the Math Forum is there. I never go there but all those posts I wouldn't understand are there and I don't have to wade through them on other forums that are more in line with my interests.

I think an alternative forum would go a long ways to clean up some of the things you might not like seeing in the dedicated forums now. It just seems to me to be counterproductive to your interests to be against it. Let it be in a separate forum and then don't go there.

Just my opinion.

If there was an open forum there would be heated posts about religion and politics among other things.

Todd created this site to be lottery related.

He created a blog site where you can post just about anything as long as it's within the rules.

There were times people posted non lottery related subjects they may have started out fine but soon became topic shift or thread shift bantering, hollering out loud bashing each other stuff like that, then the threads have to be monitored, with all Todd has going on it's counter productive to host an open forum.

He has given his own thoughts on this a few posts back. It ain't going to happen.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Pac I'm mean joker

Heres's a thread you could start.

If you could meet with lottery personel, the director or any of his/her staff what questions would you like to ask or have answered.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been brought up yet.

It doesn't matter anyways. This thread has been buried in the back burners. It's obvious Todd is not interested.

I'm done writing anymore about this.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2010, 7:54 am - IP Logged

It doesn't matter anyways. This thread has been buried in the back burners. It's obvious Todd is not interested.

I'm done writing anymore about this.

Um, suggestions go in the Suggestions forum.  Suggestions about the Web site are not "Lottery Discussions" (the name of the forum it was previously in).

I don't organize the forums according the the amount of traffic a person thinks they will get by sticking their topic in a particular forum.  I doubt you'll find any forum on the Internet with that approach.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22860 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I would like to see a forum dedicated to "Discussion of the Numbers" 

Many of the threads have people throwing out numbers with no backup, no reason not even a why.

And mind you there is nothing wrong that style not everyone wants to share how they came up thier set of numbers 

There are a lot of people like myself that joined (and there are some people that have not joined but are reading the threads) the post to learn from some of the heavy hitters those that have been in the game a long time and have a "wealth of knowledge"

and are willing to pass it on

If you look at some of the older threads in many cases they actually discussed the numbers , went into detail about the number I mean they broke it down and in some cases told you why you were way off target so as not to waste your money

If I wanted to shoot the breeze I could do that anywhere

but when it comes to numbers people that understand them are hard to find & that is why I joined the lottery post

THERE IS ONLY 1 " LOTTERY POST".    Cheers

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22860 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

The price of gas here in Ky today is 2.52 at Krogers for regular..We get a discount and it cost us only 2.42..WOW!!..This info is for you dr65..:)..Glad to help you out..:):)

lol tiggs! I'm looking at your post and taking your discount number to the ticket counter today! Big Smile Thank you!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2010, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I voted no - don't we have blogs for that.

takeemtothebank