Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you think about states voting to increase the price of tickets and not increase the money

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pepper1.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2010, 12:10 am - IP Logged

I just saw were Georgia wants to vote to increase the cost of a ticket to $1.50 for str and str box which means

that a box would cost you .50. The prize money will be the same. I heard some states get paid 350.00

for a str bx we only get 290.00. I might have to get over my habit.

United States
    Member #83863
    December 16, 2009
    15 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I sure hope not; unless they plan on paying more money as payout.  Even still I'm not sure I'd still play but every once in a while.  I don't have a habit but I am on a mission to win a lump sum through the pick 3 and pick 4.  I'm just a little upset that a lot the schools in my area are closing; theirs no recreation for the kids; and libraries are closing. If all this so called lottery money is supposed to be going towards helping Education who's getting paid.  What a bunch of crap. 

We all fell for that one and now they want to bring in slots - who's that going to help - Health Care I suppose.  Thanks for the post..I'm going to look into this some more and see what I can find out from my state MD.

Oh, I might even start my own lottery game...anyone wanting to go in let me know.  Where do you think the government got it from in the first place.

Everythings illegal until the government get it's hands in our pockets.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2010, 1:04 am - IP Logged

I sure hope not; unless they plan on paying more money as payout.  Even still I'm not sure I'd still play but every once in a while.  I don't have a habit but I am on a mission to win a lump sum through the pick 3 and pick 4.  I'm just a little upset that a lot the schools in my area are closing; theirs no recreation for the kids; and libraries are closing. If all this so called lottery money is supposed to be going towards helping Education who's getting paid.  What a bunch of crap. 

We all fell for that one and now they want to bring in slots - who's that going to help - Health Care I suppose.  Thanks for the post..I'm going to look into this some more and see what I can find out from my state MD.

Oh, I might even start my own lottery game...anyone wanting to go in let me know.  Where do you think the government got it from in the first place.

MsBernice pepper is talking about Georgia --- Don't go giving Md's politicians any ideas Md isn't in on whats going on in Georgia and any way it might not even happen in Georgia.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        CA
        United States
        Member #84266
        December 26, 2009
        410 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2010, 1:26 am - IP Logged

IMO it's stupid only because you get $.50 change back. Lol.

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40377 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Thats when you pull together and let GEORGIA know elections can be very powerful.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sunjune6's avatar - Lottery-010.jpg
            Atlanta,GA
            United States
            Member #79429
            September 1, 2009
            103 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I just saw were Georgia wants to vote to increase the cost of a ticket to $1.50 for str and str box which means

that a box would cost you .50. The prize money will be the same. I heard some states get paid 350.00

for a str bx we only get 290.00. I might have to get over my habit.

I don't think it will happen; however, I intend to let my representative know that I don't approve and will cast my vote accordingly come election time.

If you think you can or if you think you can't you are right!

Today could be the day!

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I always say everything is illegal until the government get there hand on it. The drug money they use it for themselfs.

Drug money is drug money no one should use it. Our  state school rep is ask for the increase of .50. Seem everything

is going up except wages. I move out of the city into a rual area. My electric bill last month was 714.00, and I didn't

get the benefit of keeping warm, because I was trying  to saveon the electric only to be charge anyway. What enjoy and the few dollar I get from playing the lottery they want to mess with that.

hotatlanta
                United States
                Member #70664
                February 8, 2009
                1446 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I don't think it will happen; however, I intend to let my representative know that I don't approve and will cast my vote accordingly come election time.

I'm so sick of that Cox's women. If things change I not going to say I want play, but it will be less.

hotatlanta
                  United States
                  Member #70664
                  February 8, 2009
                  1446 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Thats when you pull together and let GEORGIA know elections can be very powerful.

We need to let a whole lot of people know that.

hotatlanta
                    United States
                    Member #70664
                    February 8, 2009
                    1446 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:46 am - IP Logged

MsBernice pepper is talking about Georgia --- Don't go giving Md's politicians any ideas Md isn't in on whats going on in Georgia and any way it might not even happen in Georgia.

Most of the time when they say something it already a plan only we're the last to know. I hope it get voted down.

People are doing crazy things these day, so I don't put anything pass anybody. They spend our money like they work for it, and it take it are leave it. Sorry to vent so much, but once they start   messing with the lottery I saw fire.Evil Uhh

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7302 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I'm always skeptical when someone says "I saw where" or "I heard" something was going to change without providing any evidence. The Georgia Lottery was in the news last year because of bonus incentives and it doesn't make sense for people who benefit from lottery sales to come up with an idea that would decrease sales.

Most lotteries have added additional drawings to increase revenues without changing the payoff structure.

"Don't go giving Md's politicians any ideas"

The governor of Kentucky included slot machine license fees in the state budget BEFORE any legislation for slot machines was created. Basically he was telling the legislators "legalize slot machines at race tracks or make the necessary budget cuts".

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm always skeptical when someone says "I saw where" or "I heard" something was going to change without providing any evidence. The Georgia Lottery was in the news last year because of bonus incentives and it doesn't make sense for people who benefit from lottery sales to come up with an idea that would decrease sales.

Most lotteries have added additional drawings to increase revenues without changing the payoff structure.

The governor of Kentucky included slot machine license fees in the state budget BEFORE any legislation for slot machines was created. Basically he was telling the legislators "legalize slot machines at race tracks or make the necessary budget cuts".

Alright i found a link to this it's just a suggestion by school Superintendent Kathy Cox.

She must not have an understanding of the payout structure of the game.

http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-blog/2010/03/12/is-cox-taking-a-gamble-in-suggesting-raising-price-of-lottery-tickets-to-fund-schools/?cxntfid=blogs_get_schooled_blog

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

They do everything they do because we allow them to.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hotatlanta
                            United States
                            Member #70664
                            February 8, 2009
                            1446 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

The women was on TV. I'm not a person who listen to he said she said it was on the news. They interview her on the news. It not set in stone it has to be vote on.

hotatlanta
                              United States
                              Member #70664
                              February 8, 2009
                              1446 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Alright i found a link to this it's just a suggestion by school Superintendent Kathy Cox.

She must not have an understanding of the payout structure of the game.

http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-blog/2010/03/12/is-cox-taking-a-gamble-in-suggesting-raising-price-of-lottery-tickets-to-fund-schools/?cxntfid=blogs_get_schooled_blog

she knows. She always doing something. She always making some outlanding suggestion about something.

She should have had some suggestion when she and her husband  owning 3 million dollar to her creditor, and couldn't pay.

That's why when she win on who smarter than a fifth grader she gave the money to the school, but her creditor

came after her for the money. It not set in stone it will have to be voted on. I don't mind the increase, increase the

prize money if you want more money is all I'm saying