Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you think about states voting to increase the price of tickets and not increase the money

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pepper1.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

They do everything they do because we allow them to.

I'm out the with you on that. If the american people take a stand about Lottery, Jobs, health care, Housing, they couldn't keep push us around. Wages don't ever go up. In all fair take the prize money up if you want more money.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8393 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2010, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

she knows. She always doing something. She always making some outlanding suggestion about something.

She should have had some suggestion when she and her husband  owning 3 million dollar to her creditor, and couldn't pay.

That's why when she win on who smarter than a fifth grader she gave the money to the school, but her creditor

came after her for the money. It not set in stone it will have to be voted on. I don't mind the increase, increase the

prize money if you want more money is all I'm saying

Kathy Stone can make all the suggestions she wants but she doesn't work for the lottery. Ultimately it's up to the lottery director and the lottery board members to make changes to a game. I think the governors office is also involved in the decision process. The lottery director or board members won't allow an outsider to influence a standard of practice the payout structure fits the game. To charge more for a lottery ticket is robbery of the people.

There won't be a vote because there isn't going to be an additional charge placed on a fixed bet.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:49 am - IP Logged
      Kathy Stone can make all the suggestions she wants but she doesn't work for the lottery. Ultimately it's up to the lottery director and the lottery board members to make changes to a game. I think the governors office is also involved in the decision process. The lottery director or board members won't allow an outsider to influence a standard of practice the payout structure fits the game. To charge more for a lottery ticket is robbery of the people.

There won't be a vote because there isn't going to be an additional charge placed on a fixed bet.

Her name is Kathy Cox, and she has alot to do with it . She is over the education part of it, which

gave out lottery money to student and people to go to college. She alteady saying that the program

needs more money that is why she speaking.

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
        Member #391
        June 8, 2002
        16273 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

I'm out the with you on that. If the american people take a stand about Lottery, Jobs, health care, Housing, they couldn't keep push us around. Wages don't ever go up. In all fair take the prize money up if you want more money.

You are so right, until the people stand up and be counted the jerks in Washington will just keep screwing us around.

It's not about "For the People, by the People" it's for the special interests, by the special interests.

Only people can change the dynamic in Washington, America wake up!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8393 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2010, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Her name is Kathy Cox, and she has alot to do with it . She is over the education part of it, which

gave out lottery money to student and people to go to college. She alteady saying that the program

needs more money that is why she speaking.

Sorry i got her last name wrong. I got it right in the other post don't know why i said Stone maybe because i thought she must have been stoned when she suggested her idea.

If you so concerned call the governors office and present a formal objection.

Programs in every state need more money the economy is in the pits. There will always be someone wanting to tap into peoples money for the state.

Why not suggest they sell a special scratch off just for education.

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3348 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2010, 11:35 am - IP Logged
            I covered this in a previous blog post. http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/38612

Here's Cathy Cox's contact information so you can voice your opinion if you play the Georgia Lottery.

Kathy Cox
            State Superintendent
            of Schools
             (Georgia)

(404) 656-2800
             (404) 651-8737
            state.superintendent@
            doe.k12.ga.us

http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/sup.aspx

Good luck to everyone!

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2010, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Sorry i got her last name wrong. I got it right in the other post don't know why i said Stone maybe because i thought she must have been stoned when she suggested her idea.

If you so concerned call the governors office and present a formal objection.

Programs in every state need more money the economy is in the pits. There will always be someone wanting to tap into peoples money for the state.

Why not suggest they sell a special scratch off just for education.

I wouldn't call the governors office in georgia for anything like that. Knowing him he thinks this would be a great idea

What I have a problem with is the prize money not going up like in some states they get 350.00 on a str bx number

were we get 290.00. The reason most states need more money is because they have paid them self, and it has

caught up with them, and guess who has to suffer the small little lottery player. I just don't think we live in the world

were our suggest count anymore. You either take it are leave it

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8393 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't call the governors office in georgia for anything like that. Knowing him he thinks this would be a great idea

What I have a problem with is the prize money not going up like in some states they get 350.00 on a str bx number

were we get 290.00. The reason most states need more money is because they have paid them self, and it has

caught up with them, and guess who has to suffer the small little lottery player. I just don't think we live in the world

were our suggest count anymore. You either take it are leave it

The payouts in Georgia are the same as Maryland pick 3 and many other states some states have parimutuel payouts.

What state pays 350 on a st box number.

http://mdlottery.com/h2p_pick34.html#payout1

hotatlanta
                  United States
                  Member #70664
                  February 8, 2009
                  1446 Posts
                  Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

The payouts in Georgia are the same as Maryland pick 3 and many other states some states have parimutuel payouts.

What state pays 350 on a st box number.

http://mdlottery.com/h2p_pick34.html#payout1

Tiggs95 say that KY pays $350.00 for str bx and $400 for a double. I really don't know I just took his

word for it. You seem to know about the other states tell me what they pay. All I have to say is you want more

money up the prize money.

United States
                    Member #83863
                    December 16, 2009
                    15 Posts
                    Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I apologize. I was only speaking in general and I really would like to know if MD is planning on anything like that.  I know who to ask and who not to ask.  Inquiring minds don't want it's nose chopped off.

hotatlanta
                      United States
                      Member #70664
                      February 8, 2009
                      1446 Posts
                      Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I apologize. I was only speaking in general and I really would like to know if MD is planning on anything like that.  I know who to ask and who not to ask.  Inquiring minds don't want it's nose chopped off.

What are you talking about? I was sending a reply to Fourforme who ask me what state. pays more. If you think I

chopped your nose off I didn't mean to. I apologize.

hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1446 Posts
                        Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

I sure hope not; unless they plan on paying more money as payout.  Even still I'm not sure I'd still play but every once in a while.  I don't have a habit but I am on a mission to win a lump sum through the pick 3 and pick 4.  I'm just a little upset that a lot the schools in my area are closing; theirs no recreation for the kids; and libraries are closing. If all this so called lottery money is supposed to be going towards helping Education who's getting paid.  What a bunch of crap. 

We all fell for that one and now they want to bring in slots - who's that going to help - Health Care I suppose.  Thanks for the post..I'm going to look into this some more and see what I can find out from my state MD.

Oh, I might even start my own lottery game...anyone wanting to go in let me know.  Where do you think the government got it from in the first place.

Everythings illegal until the government get it's hands in our pockets.

MsBernice this was what you wrote. I didn't write you back on this, because i agree with

what you said.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs95 say that KY pays $350.00 for str bx and $400 for a double. I really don't know I just took his

word for it. You seem to know about the other states tell me what they pay. All I have to say is you want more

money up the prize money.

Why would I lie about what Ky pays out in thier cash 3?..Say I hit a 472 st/bx I'd get 350.00  and if I hit 122 st/bx I'd get 400.00..Look at the Ky site and they will tell you..I would not lie about a thing like that..I've hit them both and got paid that..

hotatlanta
                            United States
                            Member #70664
                            February 8, 2009
                            1446 Posts
                            Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Why would I lie about what Ky pays out in thier cash 3?..Say I hit a 472 st/bx I'd get 350.00  and if I hit 122 st/bx I'd get 400.00..Look at the Ky site and they will tell you..I would not lie about a thing like that..I've hit them both and got paid that..

Thanks Tiggs for showing up. This was an answer I sent back to Fourforme. I didn't think you were

lying. If I had I would have told you that when you first told me that. I'm not going to look at the website I

believe you.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Tiggs for showing up. This was an answer I sent back to Fourforme. I didn't think you were

lying. If I had I would have told you that when you first told me that. I'm not going to look at the website I

believe you.

Thanks pepper your a sweetheart..Good night and best of luck to you..