Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you think about states voting to increase the price of tickets and not increase the money

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pepper1.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I always double check everything when it's somebody from Kentucky.

Sometimes I triple check.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Good thinking on your part..and a goodnight to you old man..

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2010, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

If I know that you tell lies than I will check on you. You're so funny.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8393 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Kentuckey lottery does pay out more $ but they dont break down the payout structue for their p3 game like other states.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2010, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

The women was on TV. I'm not a person who listen to he said she said it was on the news. They interview her on the news. It not set in stone it has to be vote on.

I just read the article four4me provided that said Georgia state school superintendent Kathy Cox suggested the ticket prices be raised by 50 cents. There was never any doubt in my mind that you were correct in"someone" had suggested it, but from the way you worded it "I just saw were Georgia wants to vote to increase the cost of a ticket to $1.50", it sounded like it was a proposal by a Georgia legislator. If the Georgia Lottery Corporation believed raising the ticket price by 50% would actually increase revenues by $350 million a year, they would already done it because they get a bonus.

We won't know what affect adding Powerball or Mega Millions to state lotteries will have on revenues until the end of the year but it certainly won't be any where near the $350 million Cox is dreaming about. Most states use their lotteries to help fund their school systems but they hire lottery people to run their Lottery and educators to run their school systems. Apparently Cox believes she's an expert in both.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2010, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Why would I lie about what Ky pays out in thier cash 3?..Say I hit a 472 st/bx I'd get 350.00  and if I hit 122 st/bx I'd get 400.00..Look at the Ky site and they will tell you..I would not lie about a thing like that..I've hit them both and got paid that..

I never knew Kentucky Cash 3 paid $600 for a $1 straight, $100 for a 6-way box, and $200 for a 3-way box until I moved here from Ohio. The $600 to $1 is the same payoff the bookies used in the numbers game before pick-3 state lotteries. It makes the math easier because $600 is divisible by 6. Ohio's math for a 6-way box $500/6=$83 is different than Georgia's $500/6=$80.

Ironic that the Georgia state school superintendent missed that math error and believes raising the price of ticket 50% will increase lottery revenues by $350 million.

"Say I hit a 472 st/bx I'd get 350.00"

The same win in Ohio would you get you $291.50 and only $290 in Georgia.

"and if I hit 122 st/bx I'd get 400.00"

When I do play Cash 3 and play a double like 122, I get $1 straight and $1 super-straight (called a wheel bet in Ohio). I think $4 to win $1200 or $600 or $2 to win $600 or $300 are pretty good bets and betting a $1 to win $400 or $100 ain't bad either.

hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2010, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I never knew Kentucky Cash 3 paid $600 for a $1 straight, $100 for a 6-way box, and $200 for a 3-way box until I moved here from Ohio. The $600 to $1 is the same payoff the bookies used in the numbers game before pick-3 state lotteries. It makes the math easier because $600 is divisible by 6. Ohio's math for a 6-way box $500/6=$83 is different than Georgia's $500/6=$80.

Ironic that the Georgia state school superintendent missed that math error and believes raising the price of ticket 50% will increase lottery revenues by $350 million.

"Say I hit a 472 st/bx I'd get 350.00"

The same win in Ohio would you get you $291.50 and only $290 in Georgia.

"and if I hit 122 st/bx I'd get 400.00"

When I do play Cash 3 and play a double like 122, I get $1 straight and $1 super-straight (called a wheel bet in Ohio). I think $4 to win $1200 or $600 or $2 to win $600 or $300 are pretty good bets and betting a $1 to win $400 or $100 ain't bad either.

Thank you for clearer this up for us. Georgia is just gone crazy. Last night some guy in government

want to test people for drugs when they apply for employment and welfare. You would have to pay

for the test. Why would you have to pay when they want it.? People pay into unemployment thay take

that out of your check when you get paid, they're not giving you anything. This world is gone to hell in a handbasket.

I need to move into a treehouse I might get taxes for that to.

hotatlanta
                United States
                Member #70664
                February 8, 2009
                1446 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2010, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I just read the article four4me provided that said Georgia state school superintendent Kathy Cox suggested the ticket prices be raised by 50 cents. There was never any doubt in my mind that you were correct in"someone" had suggested it, but from the way you worded it "I just saw were Georgia wants to vote to increase the cost of a ticket to $1.50", it sounded like it was a proposal by a Georgia legislator. If the Georgia Lottery Corporation believed raising the ticket price by 50% would actually increase revenues by $350 million a year, they would already done it because they get a bonus.

We won't know what affect adding Powerball or Mega Millions to state lotteries will have on revenues until the end of the year but it certainly won't be any where near the $350 million Cox is dreaming about. Most states use their lotteries to help fund their school systems but they hire lottery people to run their Lottery and educators to run their school systems. Apparently Cox believes she's an expert in both.

She does. I'm just waiting to see what going to happen. It the blind leading the blind here in GA. Just when

you think they can't come up with anymore foolish ideas they do.