Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much a month do you spend on the game?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #88901
March 25, 2010
35 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2010, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

$500? $1,000? $5,000?

Most people are in the $200-$1000 range  a month and some even higher without even knowing it!

Simply just keep a log on how much you spend on the lottery and how much you get back and in the end of the month  find out how much money you lost, then at the end of the year add up everything.

95% of the time if you do this correct you will cry once you add it all up over the course of the year and been like dang I could have paid off alot of my mortgage, down payment or even bought a new ride, WHAT AM I DOING?.  While little Billy and Sarah may have some money for there school from the lottery it's simply not worth playing like most people do. 

Good luck and play safe everyone! See Ya!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22962 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Some people need the message, some people won't absorb the message, some people don't care about the message, some people already

know the message and some people will just fluff you off because they don't need the message.

In order for us to understand your down on gambling mindset...we have to have some background. Are you a disgruntled player? A reformed

addict? An anti-gambling spokesperson? A big loser? A big winner and lost it all? Could you share that part of it with us? Or is it just a message

you want to spread as a public service before it's too late for someone?

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Some people need the message, some people won't absorb the message, some people don't care about the message, some people already

know the message and some people will just fluff you off because they don't need the message.

In order for us to understand your down on gambling mindset...we have to have some background. Are you a disgruntled player? A reformed

addict? An anti-gambling spokesperson? A big loser? A big winner and lost it all? Could you share that part of it with us? Or is it just a message

you want to spread as a public service before it's too late for someone?

dr your scaring tiggs don't talk like that..tiggs has been gambling sinse 1961 and it's to late..But like jrosina says betting 3.50 cents a day can't be in debt to much...right?..

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

It's either gambling or robbing banks and tiggs likes gambling better then robbing..Safer..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

For over ten years I've brought a $3 planner book and tracked the games I played with the amount I spent and won.  Since I name my play files by date and game I know what I spent on each game.  For example when I played MegaMillions last Friday I entered "MM032610-10/0" which means the combinations I played were in computer file MM032610, I played MegaMillions on 03/26/2010, spent $10 on tickets, won $0 and at the bottom I subtracted 10 from Tuesday's -$223 and entered -$233 which means I'm $233 in the hole so far this year.

After all these years I've never regretted what I spent on lotteries. If I ever win big, I'll have the losing tickets and documentation of what I spent for tax purposes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #68002
            December 10, 2008
            477 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

My little Billy is almost 18 so I can spend my money on gambling plus I still pay child support so I KNOW he's eating and as for school he's currently enrolled in a Pharmacy Tech Program at the Local College,my ride is payed off  and I currently live in the house I grew up in which is payed off (built in 1975).So what was your warning about gambling again???

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

For over ten years I've brought a $3 planner book and tracked the games I played with the amount I spent and won.  Since I name my play files by date and game I know what I spent on each game.  For example when I played MegaMillions last Friday I entered "MM032610-10/0" which means the combinations I played were in computer file MM032610, I played MegaMillions on 03/26/2010, spent $10 on tickets, won $0 and at the bottom I subtracted 10 from Tuesday's -$223 and entered -$233 which means I'm $233 in the hole so far this year.

After all these years I've never regretted what I spent on lotteries. If I ever win big, I'll have the losing tickets and documentation of what I spent for tax purposes.

There is no way tiggs could or would do this..You are the first person to post something like this here??..Good luck with that..Hope you get even someday..Read about a guy who hit 200,000.00 in Floida once and said he must be even now after gamblin 20 years and he was going to start over..

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

My little Billy is almost 18 so I can spend my money on gambling plus I still pay child support so I KNOW he's eating and as for school he's currently enrolled in a Pharmacy Tech Program at the Local College,my ride is payed off  and I currently live in the house I grew up in which is payed off (built in 1975).So what was your warning about gambling again???

Good for you helping your little Billy thru the rough years..You don't have to be in the house to show your love..Wonder what it was like to have a father who cared?????.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

There is no way tiggs could or would do this..You are the first person to post something like this here??..Good luck with that..Hope you get even someday..Read about a guy who hit 200,000.00 in Floida once and said he must be even now after gamblin 20 years and he was going to start over..

I consider playing lotteries as entertainment.  When you spend money on entertainment, you don't expect to get it back, same as when you spend it on alcohol, cigarettes or cable TV.  At least with lotteries there's a snowball chance you might get lucky and win something in return.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I AGREE with you there RJOH

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I AGREE with you there RJOH

Dittoooooo..........

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                        Member #88435
                        March 16, 2010
                        397 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

^^I agree.

I think you have gone too far when the money you spend on a want and it takes away or you lose a need.

Like buying high-end electronics all the time and not having the money to pay your electric bill. LOL

$1,000,000

CA
                          United States
                          Member #84266
                          December 26, 2009
                          410 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2010, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I've spent less than a $100 since my first time playing on my 18th birthday 6 years ago.

Norfolk,VA
                            United States
                            Member #83225
                            December 2, 2009
                            757 Posts
                            Posted: March 29, 2010, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I consider playing lotteries as entertainment.  When you spend money on entertainment, you don't expect to get it back, same as when you spend it on alcohol, cigarettes or cable TV.  At least with lotteries there's a snowball chance you might get lucky and win something in return.

I Agree! +4

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: March 29, 2010, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I also agree with RJOh.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."