Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you play 90 to win

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
Member #19982
August 9, 2005
226 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:40 am - IP Logged

If a system produced 90 sets of numbers inorder to win a 100 dollars--and would do so 21 to 64 percent of the time.

Would you play the 50 cent tickets inorder to win a boxed pick 4 play?

HAWK

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22976 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2010, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Yes.

Play 90 sets of numbers to win $100.00 21% to 64% of the time?

10 days x 90 sets = 900 numbers played at a cost of $450

Hitting 189 times playing 900 numbers (21%) over 10 days = $18,900.00

Hitting 576 times playing 900 numbers (64%) over 10 days = $57,600.00

Hitting an average of 42.5% with 900 numbers over 10 days = $38,250.00

Trick question? OP you spend a lot of time in the mathematics forum, maybe this is too obvious.

Confused

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Yes.

Trick question? OP you spend a lot of time in the mathematics forum, maybe this is too obvious.

Confused

HELLOOOOO...We have a brain in the house..How do you guys ever figure this stuff out?..tiggs needs to go back to school and learn how you do this..

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2010, 10:59 am - IP Logged

HELLOOOOO...We have a brain in the house..How do you guys ever figure this stuff out?..tiggs needs to go back to school and learn how you do this..

See Tiggs turning gold is already paying off and wait until

you see what I have for you!!LoL!It's all coming up roses Tiggs!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:02 am - IP Logged

See Tiggs turning gold is already paying off and wait until

you see what I have for you!!LoL!It's all coming up roses Tiggs!

Man tiggs hope ridge reads this..You know he can take this a different way that what you mean and knowing ridge he will take it the wrong way..jrosina needs to be very careful around ridge,very careful..

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Man tiggs hope ridge reads this..You know he can take this a different way that what you mean and knowing ridge he will take it the wrong way..jrosina needs to be very careful around ridge,very careful..

LoL I already see that Tiggs; I will head your warnings about mr Honey Jar rd!LoL,LoL

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

LoL I already see that Tiggs; I will head your warnings about mr Honey Jar rd!LoL,LoL

Don't let hubby read this thread or you might get banned and we don't ever want that..

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
                Member #19982
                August 9, 2005
                226 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Yes.

Confused

dr65

I Wasn't thinking big enough I guess. I wasn't thinking to play even more numbers for larger profit.

I was looking at how many numbers "90" in this case it would take to get the win.

45 dollars spent to win 100

perhaps I should think larger bet for higher income.

however I still would like a smaller quantity then 90 sets to win.

I was wanting other peoples opinions about the quantitys they use or feel are small enough to use.

Thanks

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:23 am - IP Logged

If a system produced 90 sets of numbers inorder to win a 100 dollars--and would do so 21 to 64 percent of the time.

HAWK

Will the set of (90) numbers be generated and dedicated to each draw? Or, are we talking about a general set of numbers put out there to try and catch the wins based on the count specifically? If it were me, I'd conduct dry runs around the theory using "Monopoly" money.

Start with enough money to play at least (3) times using the system as this could be a real world goal and let you know what would happen. If you miss on the first attempt, then you still have money to go back at it. Missing a second attempt will still leave enough for one last try, and, hopefully net a hit at this point to where you can recover the money and continue playing.

When developing systems, you should never seriously go into playing with only enough money for one play. The reason being is because the very next draw may present the opportunity to hit exactly the way you want or need to. If you have no more money, though, the opportunity is now a missed opportunity. I learned this early on in the game.

A surplus of money is required to work any system. If this could work and keep you ahead even at the expense of an occasional miss, there's no reason not to do it. Giving a little back from time to time is a product of winning if that makes sense.

L.L.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22976 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:32 am - IP Logged

dr65

I Wasn't thinking big enough I guess. I wasn't thinking to play even more numbers for larger profit.

I was looking at how many numbers "90" in this case it would take to get the win.

I was wanting other peoples opinions about the quantitys they use or feel are small enough to use.

Thanks

Hawk

Ah! I thought there was something more hence my reference to mathematics. I have great respect for the numbers wizards.

I was thinking more along the lines that if you could have a system with your figures and outcomes, then yes, it would definitely be

worth playing.

Big Smile

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:44 am - IP Logged

dr65

Thanks

Hawk

The two figures of (45) and (100) are of interest here. If your cost is $45 and the difference with the boxed payout results in a $100 profit, then it provides you with (2) plays "on the house". (45) x (2) = (90). Not bad at all if you can build in consistency.

L.L.

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

No matter how much % you bet you still need the right numbers to come up..It's like rolling dice you can not predict ping pong balls..If your willing to bet $45 or $50 to win $100 good luck with that because after about 4 or 5 days and no winners it can become expsenive..You will need a big hit to break even..You bet maybe $5 or $10 it' isen't that bad..

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1649 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2010, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

No matter how much % you bet you still need the right numbers to come up..It's like rolling dice you can not predict ping pong balls..If your willing to bet $45 or $50 to win $100 good luck with that because after about 4 or 5 days and no winners it can become expsenive..You will need a big hit to break even..You bet maybe $5 or $10 it' isen't that bad..

tiggs, spending $5 or $10 on this game isn't feasible in any way what so ever...if you're serious about playing. For a long shot in the dark, yeah, go on down to BILLY PAUL'S GET IT ALL for some Quick Picks!!Green laughI Agree!

However, when you start to REALLY understand odds and numbers the way dr65, 'Hawk, and many others here do, you realize that you need to have a system along with at least reasonable funds to give yourself a fighting chance in these games, buddy.

This is why I stress on conducting dry runs in order to test investment/profit ratio in accordance with consistencies. If it can't produce wins to at least recover money at some point, then it needs to be further tuned to do so. Nothing wrong with losing if you can get it back, okay. I lose from time to time and I'll tell anyone that I do. But, I'm still ahead of the game due to a carefully balanced system.

Save that money you're spending for a cold six pack, buddy!!! You'll get more out of it...I promise.

L.L.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2010, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

HAWK

system = 90 sets of numbers @ 50¢ea. = $45.00 to win $100.00 21%-64% of time.

at 20% spend $225 to win $100 = -$125 
                            at 66% spend $135 to win $200 = +$65

If you're at the low end as often as you're at the high end then you're going to be lucky to break even.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

tiggs, spending $5 or $10 on this game isn't feasible in any way what so ever...if you're serious about playing. For a long shot in the dark, yeah, go on down to BILLY PAUL'S GET IT ALL for some Quick Picks!!Green laughI Agree!

However, when you start to REALLY understand odds and numbers the way dr65, 'Hawk, and many others here do, you realize that you need to have a system along with at least reasonable funds to give yourself a fighting chance in these games, buddy.

This is why I stress on conducting dry runs in order to test investment/profit ratio in accordance with consistencies. If it can't produce wins to at least recover money at some point, then it needs to be further tuned to do so. Nothing wrong with losing if you can get it back, okay. I lose from time to time and I'll tell anyone that I do. But, I'm still ahead of the game due to a carefully balanced system.

Save that money you're spending for a cold six pack, buddy!!! You'll get more out of it...I promise.

L.L.

tiggs does not spend money on six packs he does not drink just gambles..As dumb as tiggs can be sometimes he will never bet $50 to try and win $100..You got that kind of money to throw away good for you..