Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you play 90 to win

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Nice spin job dr65 but did you do PR work for Madoff or something?

Let's look at it this way. Using your example of hitting 189 times out of 900 and winning $18,900, you didn't mention the 711 losses which come out to a minus $319,550, using a cost of $450 a play.

Hitting an average of 42.5% of the time means losing 57.5% of the time. That's a loss of $232,875 as compared to the win of $38,250.

Anyone who has deep enough pockets to sustain the inevitable cold streak of $450 a pop is just playing to play.

From my sig below:

I sell everything at a loss but make up for it in volume
- Milo Minderbinder, Catch-22

Coin Toss you need to address this to the poster Lucky Loser who seems to win all the time so he says..Good luck with that..

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

tiggs, I sincerely apologize for my aggressiveness. I had no idea you were elderly, sort of, and don't quite understand how lotto works. Honestly.Thumbs Up

L.L.

PS lucky Loser..Always remember tiggs was your age once but you have yet been his<<<---------You can use this when your older and you will,thats a sure thing..

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

tiggs95,

dr65 was the poster who included the dollars won figures....with no mention of dollars lost.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

tiggs95,

dr65 was the poster who included the dollars won figures....with no mention of dollars lost.

tiggs tends to get a bit mixed up and he will try harder..Lucky Loser more or less said he was sorry for messing with a old poster and that we tend to not understand the lottery..My bad..

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
          Member #19982
          August 9, 2005
          226 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Raven62:

Thanks for your input--though I don't see how I can use your break down upon the way I'm calculating my next number to play out of sets of numbers--not single digits.

I do see your idea though.

HAWK

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Naw, no "bad".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
              Member #88435
              March 16, 2010
              397 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Luck is preparation meets opportunity...according to Oprah.

So if you are lucky it means you were prepared and put your self in a position to win. I can see where having a system is the preparation and the buying of tickets is the opportunity...and maybe that is enough or it isn't it at all.

$1,000,000

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2010, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Luck is preparation meets opportunity...according to Oprah.

So if you are lucky it means you were prepared and put your self in a position to win. I can see where having a system is the preparation and the buying of tickets is the opportunity...and maybe that is enough or it isn't it at all.

If you use your system and your number comes up maybe once in a week it's still luck it's PING PONG balls..Some peole say they win with skill in thier world and others say they win with luck in thier world but we all live in the same world?..You can not handicap PING PONG balls..It's like throwing dice it's all a guess and "luck"..

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                  Member #88435
                  March 16, 2010
                  397 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2010, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

If you use your system and your number comes up maybe once in a week it's still luck it's PING PONG balls..Some peole say they win with skill in thier world and others say they win with luck in thier world but we all live in the same world?..You can not handicap PING PONG balls..It's like throwing dice it's all a guess and "luck"..

That is my point. It comes down to chance. I know many feel that a system gives them an edge...I feel that way when I am working on a system...but all it is is a feeling...if you believe it is working and it works great! If it isn't working then something is wrong and you are not doing it right. Like you said it is a roll of the dice...and it comes down to your attitude about the game. Luck is luck and no matter what your plan is...just got to do what it takes to have fun and give yourself the feeling you are going to win.

$1,000,000

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22834 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2010, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Nice spin job dr65 but did you do PR work for Madoff or something?

Let's look at it this way. Using your example of hitting 189 times out of 900 and winning $18,900, you didn't mention the 711 losses which come out to a minus $319,550, using a cost of $450 a play.

Hitting an average of 42.5% of the time means losing 57.5% of the time. That's a loss of $232,875 as compared to the win of $38,250.

Anyone who has deep enough pockets to sustain the inevitable cold streak of $450 a pop is just playing to play.

From my sig below:

I sell everything at a loss but make up for it in volume
                    - Milo Minderbinder, Catch-22

Madoff? Nah but I'm sure I would have done well if I had chosen that line of work.....robbing people blind.

Let's look at it this way Coin Toss...

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple stupid.

Next, let's look at it this way...WHERE in the world did you arrive at a figure of $319,550?

OIC!! You were thinking along the lines of PLAYING $450 each time! WOW...there's reading between the lines and actually SKIPPING THEM.

I think my math was perfect for the example given: 90 numbers for 10 days = 900 numbers at .50 a piece = $450.00 

That's it. Total cost. Not one penny more.

So since your math was flawed due to misunderstanding the example I gave....your theory is also wrong. So is your single-handed lynching.

No spin. No curtains. No mirrors.

It was all right there, all you had to do was read it. Carefully.

My hypothetical winnings were also correct ASSUMING the percentage totals pick4hawk presented. No one but me chose the 10 day period,

I made it up. I could have used one day but chose TEN.

There is no multi-hundred thousand dollar loss since there was no multi-hundred thousand dollar investment.

$450 to win either of the amounts listed according to the percentages given....also one averaged out to boot. Total investment: $450.00

Come on now, anyone...well most anyone has pockets deep enough to hold $450 wouldn't you say?

Pick4hawk has explained to me what he meant, I needed no outsider to come in and rearrange my already correct figures according to the example

given.

Thank you Coin Toss for being on it....just make sure you on it correctly.

I took a stab at the OP's question since about 3 hours had past since his posting it and no one answered yet.

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

That is my point. It comes down to chance. I know many feel that a system gives them an edge...I feel that way when I am working on a system...but all it is is a feeling...if you believe it is working and it works great! If it isn't working then something is wrong and you are not doing it right. Like you said it is a roll of the dice...and it comes down to your attitude about the game. Luck is luck and no matter what your plan is...just got to do what it takes to have fun and give yourself the feeling you are going to win.

Very good "luck is luck" now we are starting to agree..System or no system it's luck a roll of the dice..If a system makes you feel good and you think it helps you win that's a good thing but it's still luck if your systems works and that's what makes tiggs feel good,Good luck not bad luck..It's you money so if you want to spend it on your system tiggs says "good luck" and hope you win big someday soon..

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                        Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Alright, tiggs. Isolated things do happen as I've stated many, many times, okay. You're comparing a grape to a banana with MM vs. small Pick games, first of all. Totally different animals. I'm no expert but, I'm <snip> good with workin' my numbers for consistent wins...str8.

Go tell the Pro Basketball players who hit (3) pointers routinely...that it's LUCK. How about the Pro Golfers that make those long shots into that itty-bitty hole over a rough surface of grass/turf...LUCK. I could go on but, you get the point...maybe you still don't and never will.

There is only (1) person within this entire site to which I've personally demonstrated my capability in its' fullest extent. I produced (3) str8 hits...in a row for her, on (3) separate states. She had the numbers to prove it as well as the money. It came as no surprise to me but, she was overwhelmed!!! I was so glad to do it, too.

When you truly know, what you know, then you know. I guess we both know what we know, tiggs, and I'll no longer contest what you know because there's NOTHING to contest. Best of LUCK on your future losses.

L.L.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

"When you truly know, what you know, then you know. I guess we both know what we know"

Hmmm.......what do we know???? LOL sorry LL  all those knows!

I couldn't do this on a consistent basis. I have a hard enough time filling out pick 3/4 slips. I always forget to check something off and then the machine rejects my slips.

tiggs I will MAKE those little ping pong balls behave themselves and do as I say ha!

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

dr65,

Ooops! Yeah, I figured on 900 not 90.....but I still say anyone who has deep enough pockets to withstands a cold streak of losing $450 a pop is just playing to be playing.

And no matter the game a win can never be assumed, never.

Lep

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1646 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

"When you truly know, what you know, then you know. I guess we both know what we know"

I couldn't do this on a consistent basis. I have a hard enough time filling out pick 3/4 slips. I always forget to check something off and then the machine rejects my slips.

tiggs I will MAKE those little ping pong balls behave themselves and do as I say ha!

I was just basically saying that tiggs and I, individully based on experience, know what we both know regarding these Pick games. Based on what he knows, a person cannot skillfully win on Pick 3. If they do, then it's luck just like all things in life. It's all very innocent and completely understandable. In fact, I feel very foolish for even going into any details. At least I learned something....which is my goal everyday.

L.L.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              49613 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Unless of course: You know not that you know not! LOL...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!