Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Won The Lottery Would YOU Leave Your Spouse

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Charlotte
United States
Member #3733
February 16, 2004
153 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2010, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I know those vows say through rich or through poor, but would you pack, if you won the lottery?

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
    Member #76986
    July 10, 2009
    8036 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I know those vows say through rich or through poor, but would you pack, if you won the lottery?

No Way!!! Soldier's Kiss Love

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49784 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Why do you want to know? What would you do?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
        Harrison Township Michigan
        United States
        Member #90088
        April 21, 2010
        4265 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

If i was Married....No Way would i leave the Wife!!

CutlassBob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

Charlotte
          United States
          Member #3733
          February 16, 2004
          153 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Cause somedays I would.  I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.  Some may be afraid to say.   But, of course, if you had millions, the spouse would more than likely, make sure he/she never gets under your skin again.  Friends till the end.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40551 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

No way,  I'd ask my husbandif he wanted to put a bid in on cutlass Bobs sweet ride. Then we'd have hours of fun zooming around America.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Santa Ana
              United States
              Member #71159
              February 20, 2009
              651 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

No, I honor my marriage vows and we will be together and share--my dream is to call my husband and have him meet me at the CA Lottery Offiice in Santa Ana for both of us to redeem the big winning MM/SL/Fantasy 5 or Daily Derby jackpot and it will happen very soonDance

Espanola NM
                United States
                Member #72722
                March 25, 2009
                133 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2010, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Why leave the wife and basically forfeit half of your winnings in alimony and/or marital divisions in divorce court?

A better idea is to lie and hide your assets in irrevocable trusts.   :)

A happy naive wife is better than a vindictive wife with a lawyer.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I don't have a spouse at the moment, but no, I wouldn't just pack up and leave if I won the lottery. If I was truly unhappy with someone, I would probably end the relationship before I came into a bunch of money.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2010, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Why leave the wife and basically forfeit half of your winnings in alimony and/or marital divisions in divorce court?

A better idea is to lie and hide your assets in irrevocable trusts.   :)

A happy naive wife is better than a vindictive wife with a lawyer.

In that case, how would you be able to spend your newly found wealth without her knowing ?

It would be hell to have all that money, and can't spend it!!!

Are you going to keep driving that Pinto for years and years just to prove  to your wife that you're still broke....?....lol

It wouldn't work....

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2010, 12:38 am - IP Logged

In that case, how would you be able to spend your newly found wealth without her knowing ?

It would be hell to have all that money, and can't spend it!!!

Are you going to keep driving that Pinto for years and years just to prove  to your wife that you're still broke....?....lol

It wouldn't work....

Concerning the irrevocable trust, she would probably sue you for not revealing it to her while married, and would win based on that. The very moment she realizes you're spending the type of money only a wealthy man can have, she'll get her lawyer.

The only way to get away with it is to live a double life. But that will catch up to you sooner or later. So it's a lost cause.

Just split the money, and you'll be able to sleep at night.

Milwaukee, WI
                        United States
                        Member #3131
                        December 27, 2003
                        665 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2010, 6:16 am - IP Logged

Till death do us part!

I will do NOTHING to split that marriage!

MarkP

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                          Northern Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #83350
                          December 5, 2009
                          1317 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2010, 8:41 am - IP Logged

I could not leave my spouse if I won the lottery. Why is this, you ask? I am single and do not have a spouse.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49784 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Have we really become a society where a marriage license is equivalent to purchasing a lottery ticket and there are only a handful of winners that reach that pinnacle of everlasting wealth of love?

It severely cringes my soul that these selfish individuals have the audacity to feel threatened when their lackluster affairs and violations of trust are discovered and then, resort to restraining orders of protection, avoid marriage counseling like the plague, and destroy families for generations to come.

Simply put, there is no excuse nor explanation, whatsoever, for this ultimate act of human treason. It violates the most viable institution of trust that can be bestowed on another human being and is, without question, a moral crime of unspeakable dishonor.

What is also tragic however, is that these demeaning lifestyle of events are infecting future generations, allowing our young society (children) to deem these improprieties as a normal part of life and consequently, influence them to act in this manner when dealing in their own marital relationships.

If you  believe very strongly in the foundation of marriage and all that it represents, while knowing in your heart, that the most significant attribute that represents this unity is by far: Trust.

We, as a human influence in this world, should always strive to honor this institution that has been entrusted to us by God.

After all, even in this secular world, what does society revolve around? (love & money). We have always supported this belief when it comes to finances. Isn't it about time we devoted the same respect concerning love?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                              hotatlanta
                              United States
                              Member #70664
                              February 8, 2009
                              1446 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

That sound like a plan. Plus after 37 why retrain a new husband. At least I know this one.