Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Won The Lottery Would YOU Leave Your Spouse

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Texas
United States
Member #58739
February 24, 2008
59 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Im not married, but my answer would be no. Now what if your spouse left you?!

Luck is the residue of design.

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Like I tell my wife whenever she asks, "While I might have the money to leave you, I pray to G-d that I have enough common sense not to."

We have already decided that when we win the "Big One", we will divide the money evenly.   She can put her share in her bank account and spend the money anyway she deems fit.  I can put my share in my bank account and spend the money anyway she deems fit.

detroit, mich
      United States
      Member #45698
      August 26, 2006
      450 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:57 am - IP Logged

yes.  cause it was brought during  the  time  all  was two geather. so like  the old  saying goes  IT  CHEATER  TO KEEP  HER!.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2010, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Me? Leave Sugar Britches? Nah!

I've had good reason to leave all them other ones though.

For example, some wimmins don't know when to stop complainin' about someone snoring. If your husband snores, tell him about it nicely - ONCE!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CA
          United States
          Member #84266
          December 26, 2009
          410 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

For people who said no, just make sure your spose won't leave YOU and take half.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2010, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Like I tell my wife whenever she asks, "While I might have the money to leave you, I pray to G-d that I have enough common sense not to."

We have already decided that when we win the "Big One", we will divide the money evenly.   She can put her share in her bank account and spend the money anyway she deems fit.  I can put my share in my bank account and spend the money anyway she deems fit.

LOL  You got that right!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
              california
              United States
              Member #23475
              October 13, 2005
              659 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2010, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Not married. However I would retain my boyfriend as my butler. Like in the old movie Sunset Boulevard! After all, turn-about is fair play!LOL

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2010, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Have we really become a society where a marriage license is equivalent to purchasing a lottery ticket and there are only a handful of winners that reach that pinnacle of everlasting wealth of love?

It severely cringes my soul that these selfish individuals have the audacity to feel threatened when their lackluster affairs and violations of trust are discovered and then, resort to restraining orders of protection, avoid marriage counseling like the plague, and destroy families for generations to come.

Simply put, there is no excuse nor explanation, whatsoever, for this ultimate act of human treason. It violates the most viable institution of trust that can be bestowed on another human being and is, without question, a moral crime of unspeakable dishonor.

What is also tragic however, is that these demeaning lifestyle of events are infecting future generations, allowing our young society (children) to deem these improprieties as a normal part of life and consequently, influence them to act in this manner when dealing in their own marital relationships.

If you  believe very strongly in the foundation of marriage and all that it represents, while knowing in your heart, that the most significant attribute that represents this unity is by far: Trust.

We, as a human influence in this world, should always strive to honor this institution that has been entrusted to us by God.

After all, even in this secular world, what does society revolve around? (love & money). We have always supported this belief when it comes to finances. Isn't it about time we devoted the same respect concerning love?

I am not married but whatever you are running for, you have my vote!

Thumbs Up

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a spouse at the moment, but no, I wouldn't just pack up and leave if I won the lottery. If I was truly unhappy with someone, I would probably end the relationship before I came into a bunch of money.

I agree TSC
                  If someone would even consider saying yes to that question shows how they truly feel about their spouse even  now. 

That means it is  time to rethink the relationship as it currently stands.

I am definatley NOT afraid to say it.    There is NO WAY in this world that I would even THINK of leaving my husband for  $1, 10 $100 million.  He has been there for me like no one has,   through job layoffs, depression and  heartache.  You can't BUY that kind of love.

I'd probably curse out the person who offered me the money to do it!
                  Bash

CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

ROFL

CA
                      United States
                      Member #57222
                      December 23, 2007
                      587 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

For people who said no, just make sure your spose won't leave YOU and take half.

But there's no way to  "make sure" what my husband or anybody else would do.   And if anyone thinks their spouse would,  might want to look at their situation.
                      But I can say this....

When I lost my job in the mortgage crisis,  and even now that my salary has dropped to less than 1/2 of what it was,  my
                      husband has shown me that his heart  after 25 years is sincere, has stepped up to the financial plate and does not hold my situation against me.

There is no money in the world that is worth the loss of that.
                      WHEN I WIN my Fantasy Five jackpot, after giving God his cut, my husband will be the next person to get a nice surprise.
                      Bet on that.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10353 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2010, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

My answer is no.

Considering some of the reasons either way in this thread, for those who say yes, well, if that was the case you'd never know another moment's peace, not only from the suddenly ex getting a lawyer but factor in the stalkers once word got out.

Also, wasn't there a case talked about here on LP where someone got divorced six months or so prior to hitting a jackpot and the ex hired a lawyer and got at least half, if not more of it?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                          san jose
                          United States
                          Member #53761
                          July 20, 2007
                          277 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2010, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a wife or a girlfriend so I am not leaving any of them. If I do win, none of them will ever find out if I have one in the future.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                            Harrison Township Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #90088
                            April 21, 2010
                            4265 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2010, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

No way,  I'd ask my husbandif he wanted to put a bid in on cutlass Bobs sweet ride. Then we'd have hours of fun zooming around America.

$13,000 and she is yours. Cheers

CutlassBob Out.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40550 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

$13,000 and she is yours. Cheers

CutlassBob Out.

Come on powerball...mama needs a muscle car..LOL

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"