Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Should we try a little harder to keep the discussions about all things Lottery?

Topic closed. 82 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CutlassBob.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Poll: Should we try a little harder to keep the discussions about all things Lottery?

Yes [ 35 ]  [53.85%]
No [ 10 ]  [15.38%]
Maybe [ 10 ]  [15.38%]
Maybe not [ 3 ]  [4.62%]
Rules? I Don't need no stinkin' Rules! [ 4 ]  [6.15%]
What was the question? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Are there any other choices? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Can I make my own rules? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only if I pay for membership [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
What was the question again? [ 3 ]  [4.62%]
Total Valid Votes [ 65 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2010, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

On the one hand we could say "All numbers and no play makes Johhny a very boring little boy".

I think we'd have to define lottery related but if we got too strict we'd lose a lot of humor and the "fun factor".

I thnk we'd also have to consider where obsession with one partucular thing would come into play.

For one thing the Gaming Forum would be gone completely, no? Or is the poll just about the Lottery Discussions forum?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2010, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Fine !  !  !

I wanted to post about a 2 headed chicken skydiving in a tornado, during a thunderstorm in kansas, but I guess I can't.

No problem. What goes around, comes around.....

Talk to the hand....ROFL

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2010, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

i voted "no". 

no,  because everyone "meanders" a bit on the topic from time to time,  and if you get too restrictive,  you will kill the creativity of the board that freedom provides.

for me,  it's a simple solution,  you don't like it,  or agree with it,  you don't have to read it

fortunately for you,  compared to any other lottery related websites,  LP is akin to comparing a full-loaded package of DISH network, compared to having 4 local channels.

not being rude,  but just stating a fact.....people act like someones forcing them to read something,  or be involved in a particular thread.

what people don't like,  they attempt to shut it down,  or eliminate it.      not me.  not ever 

if i don't want to read something, i disagree with it,  don't like it,  or it doesn't interest me..........i just............change the channel.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

snip- what got snipped?

There was a religious board where the admins and mods got a wee bit carried away and everyday there were more rules.

Before the board did a complete revamp, someone had posted:

If you guys were reviewing the bible it would look like this:

In the beginning [snip], amen.

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2010, 12:06 am - IP Logged

This is wild.

You can see the same dichotomy along political lines in this thread as in the thread about online gambling in New Hampshire in the News Forum the other day.

Here in a nutshell is what is being perfectly illustrated in both threads:

If people on the right of the political spectrum come across something they don't personally care for they will just bypass it.

If people on the left of the political spectrum come across something they don't personally care for, they want it removed, regulated, done away with or outlawed.

I really believe there is a genetic predisposition for this psychosis on the left.

It's just too deeply ingrained to be an acquired or learned behavior.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

This is wild.

You can see the same dichotomy along political lines in this thread as in the thread about online gambling in New Hampshire in the News Forum the other day.

If people on the right of the political spectrum come across something they don't personally care for they will just bypass it.

If people on the left of the political spectrum come across something they don't personally care for, they want it removed, regulated, done away with or outlawed.

I really believe there is a genetic predisposition for this psychosis on the left.

that is so true,  it is pathetically tragic

i am a veteran in here of those exact same drive by's.

personally,  i could care less, because i know how people operate,  and expect that as part of doing "business".

there is a gazillion things in here i want no part of,  and vehemetly disagree with,  but "they" can rattle their can all they want.

all i  (and anyone else with similar opinions/beliefs)  deserve,  is an  EQUAL  voice.       <-------- and "if" you notice,  i purposefully made the font "size appropriate".

i go by facts as a barometer,   and my "facts barometer" today tells me 8,000 +  "views"  on the impetus for this poll,  says all that needs to be said.

so unless the "yes" column on the poll can overtake that number,  then my vote is "no".   make that "NO" in bold lettering

no mas blogtina el ejecto just cuz u el rejectoBanana

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10344 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2010, 12:57 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

" I really believe there is a genetic predisposition for this psychosis on the left.

It's just too deeply ingrained to be an acquired or learned behavior."

From WND:

Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill

Publishes extensive study on 'Psychological Causes of Political Madness'

Posted: November 12, 2008
              6:33 pm Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Just whenliberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such,an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideologymotivating them is actually a mental disorder.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Ut oh

Scared

Lep

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                1044 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

This is wild.

OK, Ridgerunner, you are off topic.  Fifteen yard penalty and a two hamburger fine (with Fries).

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2010, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

OK, Ridgerunner, you are off topic.  Fifteen yard penalty and a two hamburger fine (with Fries).

Green laugh

Lep

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

ballparked it enough for a tie in. :)

it was profound enough,  that I would pay his fine, raise it to three 1/2lb angus burgers with everything on it,   two large curly fries,  and whatever large and in charge milkshake flavor happens to be ...........flavor of the month.

first,  before you can "fine" him a 15 yard penalty,  you have to define where the line of scrimmage was to begin with,  because the line judges can't seem to agree. 

once anyone does that,  i will call a timeout,  and while the "opposition" is in arrears as to how they will line up at the scrimmage line,  soon as the whistle blows,  i will punt.

from 45yds back

this move will create a "level playing field"  (which is all we desire)

doesn't matter if we start the line of scrimmage on our 5 yard line. 

i am willing to punt from the tunnel

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

OK GMG, I got visiondude to go my bail.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

ballparked it enough for a tie in. :)

it was profound enough,  that I would pay his fine, raise it to three 1/2lb angus burgers with everything on it,   two large curly fries,  and whatever large and in charge milkshake flavor happens to be ...........flavor of the month.

first,  before you can "fine" him a 15 yard penalty,  you have to define where the line of scrimmage was to begin with,  because the line judges can't seem to agree. 

once anyone does that,  i will call a timeout,  and while the "opposition" is in arrears as to how they will line up at the scrimmage line,  soon as the whistle blows,  i will punt.

from 45yds back

this move will create a "level playing field"  (which is all we desire)

doesn't matter if we start the line of scrimmage on our 5 yard line. 

i am willing to punt from the tunnel

Thanks visiondude but now I'm hungry at 11 PM.

I think I'm talkin heartburn tonight.

--Edmund Burke

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks visiondude but now I'm hungry at 11 PM.

I think I'm talkin heartburn tonight.

that comment was so right on the money,  i would fed-ex you all of the above from an in-n-out burger here in calif (sans "curly fries",   ONLY because they don't have "curly" in their fries),  because i know you are one of the few guys that realize what it would look like, and taste like,  even after it was sent "overnight".

maybe a mass printing of t-shirts are in order :)

you are going to have to do the front of the shirt in acronyms, or what i call....."acronemesis" in this case

the back of the shirt will be the "explanation" of the fine print it will take to cover your point

the fine print will act as a qualification process (for obvious reasons)

this has turned into a business opportunity for you

unfortunately,  the cayman islands are out,  but bumper stickers are still in

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

that comment was so right on the money,  i would fed-ex you all of the above from an in-n-out burger here in calif (sans "curly fries",   ONLY because they don't have "curly" in their fries),  because i know you are one of the few guys that realize what it would look like, and taste like,  even after it was sent "overnight".

maybe a mass printing of t-shirts are in order :)

you are going to have to do the front of the shirt in acronyms, or what i call....."acronemesis" in this case

the back of the shirt will be the "explanation" of the fine print it will take to cover your point

the fine print will act as a qualification process (for obvious reasons)

this has turned into a business opportunity for you

unfortunately,  the cayman islands are out,  but bumper stickers are still in

in-n-out burgers, whoa.

I used to travel from the White Mountains in AZ to Phoenix just for those things or a pizza at Salerno's in Gilbert (180 miles if I recall).

You'd get in trouble wearing a t-shirt like that in CA, wouldn't ya? lol

--Edmund Burke

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                              california
                              United States
                              Member #23475
                              October 13, 2005
                              659 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I voted "maybe not" because I don't like a zillion rules.

I don't remember ever reading the rules here. I guess I go by a certain "rule of thumb". Wish I could remember who the author of this little diddy was. I goes like this:

"A person can go anywhere and be accepted by any kind of people if they have one thing and that is love in their heart."

And here is the opposite-- a quote from Dr. Phil-- "Some people get out of bed everyday and start looking for how they can be offended."

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"