Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Machines!

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you use Instants(Scratch off) Machines?

Yes [ 92 ]  [80.00%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.17%]
None in my area. [ 9 ]  [7.83%]
Total Valid Votes [ 115 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
OHIO
United States
Member #5328
June 30, 2004
1284 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Hello!

I live in Ohio, and just about every supermarket has a lottery instants machine.

I really do so much better then getting them from the clerks...

one stradegy I do is buy all the $1 tickets or $2 tickets usually about 5 diffrent tickets each..and then scratch them off..to see which are winners...any losing tickets I go back and buy the ones lost on, and usually win then. Also if you dont want to scratch off you can scatch only the bar code and then scan the tickets at the machine, which is cool.  You can even redeem your winners by scanning them twice and then buy new tickets, all 24 hours a day!

All in all I really like the machines, how about you?

have a great winning day!

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1872 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2010, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I usually use the machines because the WaWa stores around here don't have lottery. I always wondered if convenience store tickets are luckier, since I see big winners from those a lot.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I play the bingo and crossword ones on my break at work.  It isn't worth it to wait forever while someone pisses away their paycheck on tickets just to spend a couple bucks, so I go to the machine.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        34521 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Yes, I do sometimes I get some winners too! I think I like that better.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #95060
          August 2, 2010
          87 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I've purchased about 20 tickets from the machines and only won on 2 tickets ...so I won't be buying them from the machine unless there is a long line at the clerk!!!LOL

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1872 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

The machines must not be too bad. I asked someone at the local Giant food store what the highest payout was there, and they had a $20,000 one on a $20 ticket - within the last month. The local beer store said they've been doing well with Diamonds and Pearls, Fantastic 5s, and Eagles/Steelers tickets. I got my $50 D&P ticket from the beer store today, and my $100 BWS from Giant. Overheard the beer store clerk saying they paid out $5,000 lately, but I'm not sure if that was on regular or instant lottery.

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2010, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I would think that your chances of getting a winning ticket from a machine in a high traffic grocery store (or restaurant...gas station...liquor store...etc) would be higher than in a lower traffic grocery store(etc) since the tickets will run out and be changed more frequently. So perhaps the machine may or may not make a difference but rather how many tickets are newly circulated. Just my 2 cents :)

OHIO
                United States
                Member #5328
                June 30, 2004
                1284 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I would think that your chances of getting a winning ticket from a machine in a high traffic grocery store (or restaurant...gas station...liquor store...etc) would be higher than in a lower traffic grocery store(etc) since the tickets will run out and be changed more frequently. So perhaps the machine may or may not make a difference but rather how many tickets are newly circulated. Just my 2 cents :)

true indeed LLaughs.. by the way I a big fan of your systems..they hit the best!

Blessings to you! See Ya!

Orlando, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95015
                  August 1, 2010
                  255 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2010, 6:20 am - IP Logged

I bought a Gold Rush in the isntant machine at Publix in Ocoee yesterday and it was a $500 gold bar winner.  My highest win all year.

Puffalishous's avatar - disney20

United States
                    Member #88150
                    March 10, 2010
                    318 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2010, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Someone just won 100,000 on a 5 dollar instant out the machine in the 7-11 store near me.

Coppery's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
                      East Coast
                      United States
                      Member #96936
                      September 8, 2010
                      19 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2010, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Well then I think I'll keep playing the instant ticket machine at my local Acme.

It is very busy. And has a wide variety of people playing all the games.

Lots of 20 dollar buyers there.

Coppery's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
                        East Coast
                        United States
                        Member #96936
                        September 8, 2010
                        19 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2010, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

The machines must not be too bad. I asked someone at the local Giant food store what the highest payout was there, and they had a $20,000 one on a $20 ticket - within the last month. The local beer store said they've been doing well with Diamonds and Pearls, Fantastic 5s, and Eagles/Steelers tickets. I got my $50 D&P ticket from the beer store today, and my $100 BWS from Giant. Overheard the beer store clerk saying they paid out $5,000 lately, but I'm not sure if that was on regular or instant lottery.

Giant ? Hmm, interesting....

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1872 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2010, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

One Giant a couple weeks ago had a $500 winner on BWS (of course I didn't get it - LOL.) Ever since then, both Giants always seem to have losing BWS tickets.

OHIO
                            United States
                            Member #5328
                            June 30, 2004
                            1284 Posts
                            Posted: September 15, 2010, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I bought a Gold Rush in the isntant machine at Publix in Ocoee yesterday and it was a $500 gold bar winner.  My highest win all year.

Congrats..I have never won more then a $100 at a time!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: September 30, 2010, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I stopped to look at the machine in my Fred Meyer yesterday.  I noticed that you can get your online tickets there too, Powerball, Megamillion, etc.

I'm glad I noticed before I played that with that machine, you don't get any change.  If you put a $20 in wanting a couple $1 tickets, tough luck.  Spend it or lose it to the next customer.

I didn't notice if you could cash in your tickets with this machine, but if you can I suspect your only option is to buy more tickets - no cash payouts.  Is that how it is with other machines?